Ebay Thailand

Anyone tried www.ebay.co.th yet?

No, have you? Good or bad?

I've been fooling around with the site, and as best I can figure out, the co.th version is for items for sale in Thailand. But the default search is global, so if you search for an item the results can be from anywhere. To see items available only in Thailand, you have to use Advanced Search and specify 'items in Thailand'. The catch is you can only do advanced search on regular eBay.com. So it seems completely superfluous.

What I wonder about most is whether you can have a separate account on ebay.co.th while at the same time have one at ebay.com. I'm betting no ...

Yeah :D

Its NOT a ebay site. Firstly, if you go to their homepage in any country i.e .com, or co.uk, com.au etc you will see a list of all the other countries that ebay is available. SO if thailand isnt on there, its not a ebay site. Secondly, the site offers you the language ENG/THAI - No other site offers you the choice of language and finally as the last post says - it going through a domain "adfarm" which i think maybe collects your ebay i.d and passwords. To be safe, stick to ebay.com. IF there was a ebay thailand, there would be a paypal too. On paypal, thailand is still a country that paypal doesnt give there services too. Well not yet.

Anyway be safe...... :o

Its NOT a ebay site. Firstly, if you go to their homepage in any country i.e .com, or co.uk, com.au etc you will see a list of all the other countries that ebay is available. SO if thailand isnt on there, its not a ebay site. Secondly, the site offers you the language ENG/THAI - No other site offers you the choice of language and finally as the last post says - it going through a domain "adfarm" which i think maybe collects your ebay i.d and passwords. To be safe, stick to ebay.com. IF there was a ebay thailand, there would be a paypal too. On paypal, thailand is still a country that paypal doesnt give there services too. Well not yet.

I agree - I got the same impression when I took a look too. It looks bogus.

Paypal does give services to Thailand. Its on there country list anways :D

Yes it's a bogus site - just put your mouse over any of the links and you see it goes to another domain (not ebay).

But when you click ittakes you to an ebay style page now for the BIG but!!!! There are no lnks on any other ebay site to ebay Thailand, so I would tend to agree with it being bogus, put your card details in and the rest is history!!!!!!!!!!!

So, does any one know of any good web-sites for selling in Thailand?

Strange as it may seem, I've got a Thai friend who imports stuff from UK to sell in Thailand.

If you need help in opening a ebay account registered in .com with a thailand address, let me know. You can also do paypal with it. It not hard, everyone can do it as long as you have a credit card

peace out :o

Strange as it may seem, I've got a Thai friend who imports stuff from UK to sell in Thailand.

If you need help in opening a ebay account registered in .com with a thailand address, let me know. You can also do paypal with it. It not hard, everyone can do it as long as you have a credit card

Is a thai credit card ok???

Is a thai credit card ok???

Does it have to be a credit card or can it be simply a debit card??