Pattaya bereft of internet shops

easyride

Every second building used to house an internet shop. I wanted to print one A4 pdf file.

I've walked the length of So Yensabai, Soi VC Hotel, Soi 16/17 and Sunny Plaza and all the shops that used to be there are closed.

the third floor of Tukcom and the Avenue have nothing either.

Any ideas please?

There is internet shop near corner of 2nd road, and South Rd.. It on South rd, walk towards beach, it is on the left, 20 meters from intersection.

The internet shops are dissapearing, cos there is no need for them, everybody has internet in their pocket now.

Im surprised that one is still open, when I go in to print, I am the only person there.. Girls used to go there after 2am for web cam chat with their lovers in Farangland, that place has no use for even these girls, every phone has a cam or 2

Must have been a very profitable business that so many were able to retire already.

Would have been nice for them--but I guess it's for the obvious reason--the Smartphone/WiFi

Edited by Bucko

It is just the cycle of things, in the 90's every bar or shop was advertising "overseas call" , mobile phones pretty much put that to bed,then e mail became the norm so access to e mail was required - spawn the internet shop, but then smartphones developed to such an extent that they are now a dying breed, so whats next.......

Unfortunately even the best tablets or smart phones are no match for a keyboard if you're a touch typist. Smart phones are a good accessory if you're on the run but they can't replace a keyboard for serious work.

It is just the cycle of things, in the 90's every bar or shop was advertising "overseas call" , mobile phones pretty much put that to bed,then e mail became the norm so access to e mail was required - spawn the internet shop, but then smartphones developed to such an extent that they are now a dying breed, so whats next.......

Unfortunately even the best tablets or smart phones are no match for a keyboard if you're a touch typist. Smart phones are a good accessory if you're on the run but they can't replace a keyboard for serious work.

Perhaps, i know many who would disagree though, especially younger people - "what is a keyboard?" i hear them cry!, but if you are doing serious work then you would most likely be doing it in an office - complete with your own printer:-)

Perhaps, i know many who would disagree though, especially younger people - "what is a keyboard?" i hear them cry!, but if you are doing serious work then you would most likely be doing it in an office - complete with your own printer:-)

By "serious work" I was also meaning decent full length emails and even posts here rather than abbreviated offerings done by touch screen.

The young kids who disagree obviously never learned to type, so wouldn't know the difference. You can get some nice blue tooth keyboards to use with smart phones or tablets which solves the problem.

Most people are there for gaming. Not everyone has a computer powerful enough to run these new games hooked up to high speed internet so there will always be a market. Especially for the kids that aren't allowed to play games at home.

By "serious work" I was also meaning decent full length emails and even posts here rather than abbreviated offerings done by touch screen.

The young kids who disagree obviously never learned to type, so wouldn't know the difference. You can get some nice blue tooth keyboards to use with smart phones or tablets which solves the problem.

It is just part of the cycle, youngsters learn a different style of typing today, and using predictive text on a smartphone or tab is probably quicker than using a conventional keyboard to those that have learned this way.

Good to know they make a blue tooth add on keyboard for the less adept at the modern way, but seems that would compromise the intended portability of such smart devices.

It is just part of the cycle, youngsters learn a different style of typing today, and using predictive text on a smartphone or tab is probably quicker than using a conventional keyboard to those that have learned this way.

Good to know they make a blue tooth add on keyboard for the less adept at the modern way, but seems that would compromise the intended portability of such smart devices.

Yes, a person who has never learned to touch type may type faster on a small touch screen than a regular keyboard, but I'm disagreeing that smart devices are taking away from the importance of keyboards in the world and people who prefer to use keyboards are not old fashioned...and I certainly do not agree with your assessment that people who like to use keyboards are not adept at the new way (I'm quite handy at both) and behind the times. I'm sure you're aware that smart phones are hard to type on for guys with large fingers (even the iPhone 6) and that has nothing to do with being inept. Smart phones most certainly favour females with small digits.

Sure, travelers are not going to bother looking around for internet cafes if they have a smart phone that is connected to the Internet (I use smart devices too when traveling). A lot of travelers don't want to bother with the trouble of finding and activating sims in different countries while traveling...or paying ridiculous roaming rates.

This guy is impressive, but bear in mind he's been practicing a set sentence over and over 1000's of times to break this record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwxYjgpGrQY

(typed on a Acer laptop)

Edited by tropo

Thanks all for the info. The one on Pattaya Tai towards the beach is next door to the barbers just about where Frienship USED to be.

it was empty apart from me so I suspect it won't be there much longer. Yet another massage parlour.................