PM is satisfied with Thailand's improved transparency rating

webfact

PM is satisfied with Thailand’s improved transparency rating

BANGKOK, 9 Dec 2014 (NNT) - Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha has expressed his satisfaction with the Kingdom’s improved transparency rating which is now ranked 3rd among the ASEAN member countries.

Speaking at a talk on “Transparency in the Management of Thai Organizations”, the Prime Minister said creating national transparency is one of the agendas his administration is promoting, in a bid to create foreign confidence.

General Prayut disclosed the Government is adjusting the bureaucratic mechanism nationwide by firstly creating transparency at the low-ranking operational level. Towards that goal, the government is compiling their needs which will then be made known to the management who will then allocate the budgets for their needs.

The Prime Minister stressed that his Government is promoting Good Governance principles which require cooperation from all units. He reiterated the need to improve the operating procedure in the bureaucracy and develop human resources in order to achieve the noble goal.

He also asked the private sector to help in the effort to bring transparency to the nation, while calling on all sides to practise the Buddhist precepts of Hiri and Ottapa that teach all to have a sense of shame when committing sinful acts.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-12-09 footer_n.gif

I think my definition of transparency is different to the generals. I thought transparency was holding everyone accountable. Having systems in place with independent organisations checking, monitoring and reporting with threat of any kind. Then in my transparency definition you have clear and minimal bureaucratic practices for foreign businesses to set up.

So Thailand are ranked 3rd in the ASEAN member countries. No comment.

I would love to see the criteria for how the placing's went and how it happened. Was it put your hand in the hat and pull a number out?

• Like 1

"... calling on all sides to practise the Buddhist precepts of Hiri and Ottapa that teach all to have a sense of shame when committing sinful acts ..."

mmmmm, don't recall ever seeing a Thai looking/feeling shameful when committing any sinful acts, except when they get caught out ... and then it's just an act to try to garner sympathy.

• Like 1

"General Prayut disclosed the Government is adjusting the bureaucratic mechanism nationwide by firstly creating transparency at the low-ranking operational level."

Well we couldn't very much well start at the top operational level could we, Mr. PM? Too close to home that one is! bah.gif

• Like 1

Out of a hundred members of the transparency meeting with Prayuth audience, 38% said yes to transparency. Quick call the press, this is just what we need and order another photo shoot of me holding the 3rd place prize. "Hi, mom, Prayuths been a good boy!", " I knew you could do it, all you needed was right crowd"

Tell me honestly. Does anyone understand that 3rd paragraph?. I've read and re-read it and it's just ridiculous. facepalm.gif

It means Dear Leader says there is transparency so here us some money, do what you will with it. Don't worry about answering for anything because we already decided: ts transparent!

I think my definition of transparency is different to the generals. I thought transparency was holding everyone accountable. Having systems in place with independent organisations checking, monitoring and reporting with threat of any kind. Then in my transparency definition you have clear and minimal bureaucratic practices for foreign businesses to set up.

So Thailand are ranked 3rd in the ASEAN member countries. No comment.

I would love to see the criteria for how the placing's went and how it happened. Was it put your hand in the hat and pull a number out?

Read about it here: http://www.transparency.org/research/cpi/overview

"... while calling on all sides to practise the Buddhist precepts of Hiri and Ottapa that teach all to have a sense of shame when committing sinful acts."

Will this be a precondition for NCPO's roadmap to peace talks with the muslim Malay Thai insurgents? Or does it apply to only "good" Thai people which of course would preclude most farang who then by definition would have no shame when committing sinful acts. Ordinarily I'd say dismiss his statement as "garbage in - garbage out" but Gen. Prayuth has made such a landfill of his archaic homilies that he can see Russia and China from the top.

"... calling on all sides to practise the Buddhist precepts of Hiri and Ottapa that teach all to have a sense of shame when committing sinful acts ..."

mmmmm, don't recall ever seeing a Thai looking/feeling shameful when committing any sinful acts, except when they get caught out ... and then it's just an act to try to garner sympathy.

how many other nationalities do you see looking ashamed in the commission of their crimes?