Apple gift card sent to me in Thailand

hlfourie

Whatif

Open an itunes account with as Store The US of A, you will need an address there to open an account (a friends address would be good enough they will not send you anything by Mail anyway)

When you open the account, you can then add the vouchers to your account, with you then can Buy Music / Movies / E-Books which then will be send (via the iTunes program) to your computer. You also buy this content via iTunes.

Apple iTunes store (IMHO) will not send physical media to your address but it's only for downloadable content. (Except of course if shopping for an iPhone etc )

Good luck

Ps: I use these vouchers all the time in the European Store.

Edited by MJCM

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, thank you for the response, I have however looked at these links, I have also been in contact with Apple both Thailand and USA. The problem is not redeeming the gift voucher, it using the $2000 after I've redeemed the voucher. If I check card balance on the Apple US website it tells me I have $2000 available, which I have not redeemed. I could easily redeem the card and spend it online for any Apple purchases on the US site only. Sure, I could pretend to be in US and make my online purchases, but they will only ship within US to a US address, if they just suspect that it is a forwarding address to another country they will not ship and you risk losing you card value.

The card purchasing companies won't purchase it, again because I'm not in the US and won't deposit to my PayPal Thailand account. I don't want to sell it privately i.e Amazon, eBay and Craigslist because of the high risk evolved in selling the gift cards online.

I have not gone the iTunes route as I have never used itunes and also think you will will end with s#@* load of itunes that will last you a lifetime (usd 2000). I don't watch that many movies or read that many books.

And lastly I don't know anybody in the US well enough.

That's the problem.

Sorry didn't mean to make that so long-winded, but if anybody can make a suggestion or have a solution, it would be appreciated or could even be beneficial to you.

Kind regards...

quote name="MJCM" post="8886397" timestamp="1420251066"]

What is the problem ?

Have a look here: http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201209

And also here: https://discussions.apple.com/article/HT201195?filter=qa

No idea really, but that's a problem I also have. I get gift cards from my friends also (however max. maybe 25 Euros) and I only can use it to download songs or buy movies via iTunes. If you order stuff (like a Phone) then you will have to also add the price of shipping plus the Customs will add Tax, so it's not worth it.

So I only use it to buy Music and Movies via iTunes.

2000 USD is a lot, but you don't have to spend it all in one go. If you go and buy Compilation albums you can get a lot of songs (the max. I got was 150 Songs on one album for EUR 4.99,- (so approx EURO 0.03 per song).

I have around 10.000 Songs in my Library however most of it is ripped Music from CD's I own (and are back in Europe) and the rest is songs I bought.

Good Luck.