Can seller hide his PayPal's personal name and address ?

Anyone using PayPal to receive money ?

I have always used PayPal to pay, and I wonder if it's possible for a seller who is at the receiving end to protect his privacy and not reveal his personal name and address at all.

I remember whenever as buyer I pay to a PayPal account, the seller's name would always pop up.

PayPal staff don't seem to be able to give a straight answer.

Two suggestions:

1). Form a personal corporate entity. Open a bank account with said entity, and then create a new PayPal account.

2). Accept the fact that PayPal is the most ass-backwards, horribly Byzantine, poorly coded piece of rubbish on the Internet and find a better service. Working with the PayPal API is like an adventure into the early days of the Internet. Skrill and Stripe are both better. My personal choice is Stripe, which is an absolute pleasure to work with. The interface is slicker and the service is cheaper. https://stripe.com

• 1 month later...

Two suggestions:

1). Form a personal corporate entity. Open a bank account with said entity, and then create a new PayPal account.

2). Accept the fact that PayPal is the most ass-backwards, horribly Byzantine, poorly coded piece of rubbish on the Internet and find a better service. Working with the PayPal API is like an adventure into the early days of the Internet. Skrill and Stripe are both better. My personal choice is Stripe, which is an absolute pleasure to work with. The interface is slicker and the service is cheaper. https://stripe.com

Does STRIPE protect your personal name from being revealed in full glory ?

I don't have a company, but I plan to sell stuff on the Internet on my own. I realize that it's possible to dictate the name that will appear on the credit card statement of the buyer by creating a moniker.

The problem is when the buyer uses his PayPal account to pay instead of credit card, while the information on the buyer's credit card statement will show the moniker instead of my personal name, it looks like on his PayPal account my personal name will be revealed in its full glory.

PayPal has been evasive in answering such questions.

I'm looking for a payment service that will ensure that my personal name will not be revealed.

Is there any ?