(Amateur) 50+ Rock Drummer seeks (Amateur) Band/Musicians for Practice/Rehearsing

andersonat

I would like to ask if there are any existing (amateur !) pop/rock bands in Chiang Mai who are looking for a 50+ year old drummer, or if there are any musicians in CM who would like to (try to) form a pop/rock band.

I am well aware of the laws relating to amateur foreign musicians (without work permits) in Thailand [and so I don't need any reminding on this point], and so I'm not interested in trying to earn money from playing or to even perform in public.

- I'm just interested in practising/rehearsing together with other people for fun.

(In my playing experience) drummers are always at the musical mercy of the lead-guitarist and the singer. My background lies in / my preference is for rock music or uptempo pop-music from the 1970's or 1980's ( - something with "energy").

*If all things were possible*, I'd like to play songs by (eg) Pat Travers, Bad Company, Ted Nugent, Stevie Ray Vaughan (and maybe Arena, IQ) ... but as beggars ( = drummers) cannot be choosers, I have an open [musical] mind.