I think I will be overstaying

The situation is constantly changing. What someone got away with 2-3 years ago, or even 6 months ago, is irrelevant today. With all the crack-downs and stiffer penalties happening over the past couple months it's more important than ever to stick strictly to the law/regulations.

I agree with you, I just stated my own experiences and thoughts. The one about the immigration officer telling me to just pay my 2 days overstay at the airport happened two month ago at Phitsanulok immigration. On the other hand I was checked and questioned about where and why I'm in Thailand at 3 checkpoints when I went to Mae Sod, Tak last month.

But it's not always easy to live by the law in Thailand. Last week (4th) I went to immigration 1 (Changwathana, Bangkok) to change my visa from tourist to Non-B. After long time waiting I was told that I could not do the change that day because some documents from my employer needed to be changed/new. So I asked if I could extend my visa/extension of stay to be sure while waiting for new documents, The answer... "No! You have work you need non-B visa!" which she just refuse to grant me because of faulty documents.

Today I went to immigration in Phisanoluke and got my extension, I told the immigration officer what happened in Bangkok and he just shook his head and said some "well chosen words" and granted me 1 month extension based on the fact that I'm waiting for new documents so I can apply for a non-b visa... Next time i will go to Laos instead!

So you expected immigration to extend your tourist visa even though you're working here and immigration knew about you working here.
Are you for real? Do you actually suggest that I should go back to my home country or somewhere else while I'm waiting to get my New documents that the immigration asked for?! As I wrote I applied for a NON-B visa that was rejected because in something faulty in the documents From my employer!

I try to live by the law and don't brake it, maybe bend it a little if I must but never break it!

How about yourself? Do you follow the law to 100%?

Do you ride a motorcycle? If you do, do you use helmet and have a Thai driver's license or an internal drivers license for motorcycle?

Have you ever payed for sex in Thailand? Any form of payment or gift make it an act of prostitution and prostitution is against the Thai law.

Have you ever gone by taxi without using the meter? Then you helped the driver to break the law.

No I hope that you get problem with your visa/extension next time! Then you can go back to your home country wile you sort out your problem. And when you finally get the documents you need from Thailand something is maybe wrong so you must request New documents and maybe just maybe wait another month or two before you finally can get your visa!