Crusty Bread Bakery

Red Crab

Hi All

does anybody know a new location of the Crusty Bread Bakery? Went today to their old location in Chiang Mai Land Rd (next to the Trio advertising), to buy their delicious Christmas Stollen and they have moved. Can anybody help, please?, Thank you

The Crusty Loaf Bakery is part of the U.N. Irish Pub business. Not connected with the OP's Crusty Bread Bakery?

Prehaps, I just noticed a new shop next door to the UN with a crusty name... if we follow the crumbs we may find the loaf.

Not really new, they just moved it from one side of the pub to the other.

2 different places.

Agreed. The OP is looking for Crusty Bread Bakery which, according to Google is on Changklan Rd.....and according to their Facebook page is on Canal Rd. Probably best for OP just to call them at 084 808 8202.

Crusty Loaf Bakery is part of the UN Irish Pub and is co-located with that establishment.

The place you re looking for is called Crusty Bread Bakery. The other place in the city is Crusty Loaf. You should probably call ahead to see if they have what you want. We stopped shopping there because they had an arrangement with a cafe somewhere nearby and would sell them all of their stock and their shelves were always bare. It became a waste of time going there. But their products were very good.

The Google says they are on Changklan Rd.

Ya and it has Thai Visa assist on Changklan road when it is actually on Chiang Mai Land road closer to the super Highway than Changklan.

I don't know what Christmas Stollen is. I was wondering if that is a special kind of fruitcake? I enjoy fruit cake but I like it a little bit moist.

A Stollen is a traditional German fruit cake made from the yeast dough, but is not moist nor soft, it's rather dry and solid.

The one I am talking about is made "like Mum used to make", with real butter, sultanas soak in brandy, non of this diet stuff.

Wrapped in a cling wrap and an alufoil, stored in the fridge, it can last for ages. And you slice it very thinly. Enjoy!

This thread has me interested in trying the "Staffordshire oatcakes"....when I read the phrase I initially thought it must be some thick, dry cookie-like bakery item. After researching it and finding out that was not the case, I want some!

(OT - holiday fruitcake has become something of a punchline in my home country due to the dryness and density of that product. No offense intended to those who enjoy it, just pointing out the differences in cultural tastes.)

Agree about fruitcakes in the US. At one time I had relatives living in Corsicana, Texas, the self proclaimed fruitcake capital of the world. The best use I can think of for this kind of fruitcake is to be used as a doorstop.

Grin

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A Stollen is a traditional German fruit cake made from the yeast dough, but is not moist nor soft, it's rather dry and solid.

The one I am talking about is made "like Mum used to make", with real butter, sultanas soak in brandy, non of this diet stuff.

Wrapped in a cling wrap and an alufoil, stored in the fridge, it can last for ages. And you slice it very thinly.

But why would you want to do that?

tongue.png

• 8 months later...

does anyone know the new location? went by today to stock up on some stuff and they are gone from their Canal Road/Suthep location. i was last there about 3 months ago i think and they didn't say anything about moving. their facebook page hasn't been updated since April.

thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

another follow up.....

saw something on one of their websites or blogs "our new location is so secret that even we don't know where it is".

they've been around a long time. anyone know if they have re-opened and where?