What are you favourite bars in Bangkok?

Andy2310

I used to love to spend a night a The Pickled Liver, when it was located on Soi 11. I had no idea, it moved until recently. I remember being very confused and walked around and around several times back in 2012, at my first night in Bangkok in 1½ years.

I look forward to try it at the new location in 5 - 6 weeks time

I used to love to spend a night a The Pickled Liver, when it was located on Soi 11. I had no idea, it moved until recently. I remember being very confused and walked around and around several times back in 2012, at my first night in Bangkok in 1½ years. I look forward to try it at the new location in 5 - 6 weeks time

Now on Soi 7/1 opposite Maxim's Inn.

http://thepickledliver.com/

I used to drink at On Nut market but since they got rid of the pool tables, most of my friends moved to Hillary 2 in Nana so that's where I go.

They, recently I think, added 1 pool table up the back. It always seem busy and I don't think the locals understand the money on the table or winner stays on rules so they just keep playing among each other till they get bored.

I like that place still. It's a good mix of expats and locals, there's lots of food options (Thai, Japanese, Korean, German, Pizza, Burgers, Sushi, Mexican and more), it's 100B for a big beer, there's live music on every night (even though most is awful), it's open till 2am, and it can get quite lively.

Some others I like...

Saxaphone Jazz Bar @ Victory Monument, good nightly music and a good crowd but a little pricey for beers, still worth it.

Retro Bar @ Coco Walk, student bar with live nightly music, good food and stupidly cheap Singha jugs (160B)

Parking Toy @ Lad Prao, live nightly music ranging from punk to rock to whatever with decently priced whiskt bottles

Brick Bar @ Kowsarn Road, don't let the KSR bit fool you this a Thai local bar with punk, ska and rock music nightly, great prices on bottles of whisky, and the only place in Thailand I've seen Thai's dance ON tables and not round them.

Heap Bar @ Phaya Thai, cool live music bar with nighly rock band and decently priced drinks.

• 6 months later...

Hi peoples ,

Am stuck in Latkrabang area for a few weeks . Im 50s like too meet others for a beer or two . Any local places with friendly farangs .Thanks .

Hi Rusty , you could catch a cab down to the on nut beer garden mentioned earlier in the posts.

From latkrabang maybe 20/30 minutes .

From what I know there really isnt a great deal for foreigners going on in latkrabang

Here for almost a year and am still looking for a neighborhood bar in Thonglo. Some place to grab a drink after work, chats with regulars/bar owners....etc. Maybe a pool table and college football/nfl following crowd but I am probably pushing it.

Down under in soi 7/1. No hazzle and you can watch the traffic in and out from Dr Bj.

The alley between soi 7 and soi 5 (is it closed now?) Have some dodgy bars with cheap beer.

The Hemmingway in soi 14.

Sent fra min SM-G900F via Tapatalk

Here for almost a year and am still looking for a neighborhood bar in Thonglo. Some place to grab a drink after work, chats with regulars/bar owners....etc. Maybe a pool table and college football/nfl following crowd but I am probably pushing it.

I like HOB in thonglor. Also few bars at scenespace that are a good scene.

OB

Down under in soi 7/1. No hazzle and you can watch the traffic in and out from Dr Bj.

The alley between soi 7 and soi 5 (is it closed now?) Have some dodgy bars with cheap beer.

The Hemmingway in soi 14.

Sent fra min SM-G900F via Tapatalk

I prefer The Pickled Liver in soi7/1.

That alley between 5 and 7 is dark, smells bad, and has questionable puddles of liquid in the passageway. No thank you.

Hemingway's I like, quite a bit.

Edited by TheAppletons

Pasela at Suk 22 now offers beer for 45thb. That's really cheap for a club/pub, don't know how much you'll get for that price though.

42, you gotta start thinking about "quality" instead of "quantity". thumbsup.gif

I know, that's why I didn't go there. 45thb for a beer in a club/pub looks very suspicious to me.