Border Ups The Toll.

Ed.Lee

Not sure if this has been mentioned before as I havent checked the boards and just returned from the dreaded Visa run.

They have upped the price to cross into burma from 250 up to 500 bhat per person. This I imagine is to offset the pretty new uniforms and the girls inside them and the new Pc's they tap away on after taking not only your details, address, age, sex etc but your photo too...

'WOOT!' I said happily and asked for a copy but they only frowned which I assume means it was too special for them to part with.

On the return leg I was again asked to show 10,000 Bhat on the Thai Side, starting to feel paranoid about this people, as there were far more dubious looking Ferang than I and only me was asked to show his filthy Lucra!

Bastages all of them, border guards and traffic wardens alike, Bastages I tell ya!

Dont get caught out beautiful people.

Love and Light

Not sure if this has been mentioned before as I havent checked the boards and just returned from the dreaded Visa run.

They have upped the price to cross into burma from 250 up to 500 bhat per person. This I imagine is to offset the pretty new uniforms and the girls inside them and the new Pc's they tap away on after taking not only your details, address, age, sex etc but your photo too...

'WOOT!' I said happily and asked for a copy but they only frowned which I assume means it was too special for them to part with.

On the return leg I was again asked to show 10,000 Bhat on the Thai Side, starting to feel paranoid about this people, as there were far more dubious looking Ferang than I and only me was asked to show his filthy Lucra!

Bastages all of them, border guards and traffic wardens alike, Bastages I tell ya!

Dont get caught out beautiful people.

Love and Light

You are definately a candidate for the 80% (some say 90%) category. :o

Edited by Blinky Bill