Vonage Uk

grahamb

I know there used to be a few Vonage UK users on here so hopefully you're still out there...

Is anyone else having the same problem we are - whenever we dial out, we get a dial-tone but after that, everything is silent (we don't hear the phone ringing at the other end). The phone rings at the other end but when they answer, they just get silence. Our Vonage number is coming through Caller ID so people can identify it is us and call back. When it happens, it also 'disconnects' the phone at their end - if I try calling on our Thai land line straight after failing to get through on Vonage, I get the voicemail system from their phone exchange (which normally kicks in if their line is busy). They also can't make any outgoing calls for a few minutes until the exchange 'resets' their number - they don't have a dialtone. After that, they can call us normally and the audio is fine.

This is happening when calling UK numbers, Ireland numbers, US numbers, ... It used to just happen on a few numbers but now we can't make outgoing calls to any number.

We're in Bangkok with a 2.5Mbps TRUE ADSL connection. Vonage was working OK for 12+ months. Our network is ADSL line > SMC Barricade ADSL Modem/Router/Wireless Access Point > Vonage Linksys router.

I'm discussing the situation with Vonage customer service by email (can't call their customer service number through Vonage :o ) but all they suggest are different ways to reboot the router... If anyone out there has experienced the same problem and found a solution, I'd be very happy to hear it!

Slightly different, but I had a similar problem with Net2Phone.

Connecting from Lebanon (before the war) I could hear it dial

and see from the screen when the otherside answered, but no ringing tone, or voice.

I am now based in Malaysia, using the same software and it all works perfectly.........

So it had to be a problem with the net2Phone network set up.

They never admitted it.

I suspect the same applies with Vonage.

Good luck.