Udon Thani: (mini) bus to Airport?

MarcelV

I stay very close to Udon Bus Terminal 1. Tomorrow I have to catch a plane to DMK. Departure time is 11:35 AM.

Any way to get to the airport by not taking a taxi or tuktuk? I don't feel like paying 200 baht for such a short ride. It seems there's no direct bus or songthaew service from the bus terminal though.

Edited by MarcelV

i did this trip last year by tuk tuk. i had no idea how much i should pay. so i gave the driver 100 B. he was very happy.

it was not a tuk tuk waiting at the bus station though. i flagged it down in the streets around there

there is a kind of minibus-shared, that waits at airport to pick up deplaning pax and sets them down to the best route (chosen by driver) and this service is thus also available for to go TO airport, but-just use brains tot hink- on prereservatiuon, which any HTL should know about, but allow plenty of time

In general tukx2 in UT a charge outrageous to farang-due to the many before you thinking it was cheap already. But if you cannot even fathom by yourself how to bargain them down, i think you are a hopeless case.

I finally took a tuktuk. It was waiting near the bus terminal. Upon his asking where I went, I said "sanambin" and "neung rawy baht". He immediately agreed. After arriving at UTH I realised that this should never cost one more than 100฿.

Maybe the last poster is right in stating that you always overpay in tuktuks, esp. as farang, but there was really no way I was going there cheaper. And I did try in the aforementioned hotels, most of which charge you around 200฿ for their 'service'. Even for their guests.

By the way, it was my first tuktuk ride ever and I'm still behind my standpoint of avoiding them in general.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...