Military To Promote Prayuth's Twelve Values Via Social Media

Lite Beer

attachicon.gifmaobook_edited.jpg

"Unity and Conformity is strength! "

Unity and conformity leading to social happiness and national pride. Excellent idea.

Ratcatcher, I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not ! smile.png

Mao Tse-Tung was the founding father of modern-day China. He laid the foundations for the China we see today. The China that Mao created was the launch-pad for the China we see today. And indeed, China today is a nation that has rapid economic growth, and it is slowly catching up with America and Russia on the world power stage.

Mao is still loved by many people in China. His face still appears in many places. Most countries need a big name person who is going to lead and inspire his nation to greatness. Maybe Thailand needs such a person.

'tonbridgetbrit', I hope you are sarcastic, and ironic!

Pol Pot was just a naughty kindergarten bully compared to that Mao scum you seem to idolatrize!

Just one question: what has been and still is the 'human price' paid by all, the different, and diverse, groups of population in, and around (Tibet? Mongolia? ...?) China, for the 'People's Republic''s economical, political, and military 'success' story?

Oh, and just a corollary: what is the price the whole planet Earth is paying for China's 'success'? And a next one: what will be the price for the World to pay for China's imperialism?

Of course the Chinese 'communist' billionaires, millionaires, and 'apparatchicks' have a better, material, life now! But is the modal Chinese really less of a slave than he was before? Is he allowed some choices, any? Does he have more individual liberty? Does he have a right of opinion?

Of course, changes had to come, many, big, ones, but did it have to go that way? I most seriously doubt it! As if 'your' Mao did it 'for China', are you that (sorry) stupid to believe it?

No. I am not being sarcastic.

You mentioned Pol Pot ? Pol Pot did massive damage to Cambodia, and it could be said that Cambodia is still recovering from the Pol Pot era. Pol Pot and Mao died at roughly the same time, was China 'traumatized' during the 1980s and 90s, just like Cambodia ? Comparing China with Cambodia today is almost like comparing China with North Korea. They're very different places.

Do you feel that China has NOT got an economic success story ? Surely, you accept that China has a vast trade surplus (mainly built on export of goods to America and Europe) and China has carried out massive infra-structure projects in China itself. Actually, right now as we speak, it looks like Thailand is having a rail-way line built by China. Part of the reason for the rail-link is trade between China and Thailand.

You mentioned the word 'communist'. Surely, we all accept that China is not actually a communist country ?

What price is the world paying for China's success ? I'm not sure what you're trying to say. China is exporting cheap manufactured goods and importing a vast amount of raw materials. Are you saying that China producing lots of 'pollution' is a major problem ? Do the people in China want to see the Chinese factories closed down, this means less pollution on planet earth ? Is this what YOU want to see ? We have to bear in mind that China produces LESS pollution per person than places like America and Europe. Is it right that places like China and other developing countries (including Thailand, and many others) carry on being un-developed, so they consume far less natural resources ? Is this what you want to see ?

And China's imperialism ? Do you feel that China is a bigger threat to world peace than America and Russia ? Some people feel that it is America that is embarking on a campaign of world domination and exploitation. America's 'war on terror' is actually about taking oil from the Middle East, it's not actually about spreading 'freedom and democracy'. How many believe that ? And from the 1960s to the present era, well, some of the dictatorships in Africa, Latin America and Asia were put there (and propped up) by America. Why condemn Beijing for 'expansionism' when Washington has done far more ?

You mentioned the word 'communist'. Surely, we all accept that China is not actually a communist country ?

Are you for real mate??

One party communist rule with no exception to the central committees directives.

How much more communist you you need to be to be called communist?

Ask the Rio Tinto Executive who was allegedly caught doing some bribery which is standard practice apparently in China.

Wasn't Chinese apparently by passport, but was told he was Chinese by the politburo and given life I believe. Also dropped by Rio Tinto like a hot potato.

The Country of Thailand belongs to the Nation, which consists of the Thai citizens united in their Constitution ruling it, and not the opposite.

The ... has made itself Constitutional, and has than as such given the primacy to the Nation, to the citizens of Thailand, and not the opposite.

Buddhism is NOT a 'religion', there are no 'gods' in Buddhism, it is the life encompassing philosophy as taught by the Lord Buddha, period.

Buddhism is NOT a 'religion' ??

Hold on, let's look at Buddhism in Thailand. Anything to do with a god, or stuff to do with the 'afterlife' IS religion, no ??

If you look at the Thais doing their stuff, giving to charity, giving food to the monks, and all the rest of it. Well, some of them are doing it to make sure that they're going to be re-born as something good in the next life. Yes, supposedly, being a bad person in this life will make you be re-born as something that is not nice and comfortable. Surely, accepting re-incarnation, going to nirvana, karma, this IS religion, right ??

For those who accept re-incarnation, surely, there is a God (or god) that judges and chooses what you're going to be re-born as ?

smile.png

or stuff to do with the 'afterlife' IS religion, no ??

No

Unity and conformity leading to social happiness and national pride. Excellent idea.

I am not a Dictator but you will learn my teachings. First Thailand and then the world be mine all mine.

Start of a cult ?

Wouldn't that attract an LM charge ?

Not in Victoria.....the cops there are more corrupt than in Thailand

Edited by Mudcrab

The good general could chuck in a few tried and and proven Commandments fro the Farang world as well:

Thou shalt not Kill

Thou shall not steal

Thou shall not covet thy neighbours ass

Nor his wife's ass

Nor any lady-boys ass

Unless thou hast twenty pieces of silver

or something like that.

1. Loyalty to the Nation, the Religion, and the Monarchy

Be a blind, rampant, flag waving nationalist. Have imaginary ghost friends and absolutely no comment
2. Honesty, sacrifice, endurance, and noble ideology for the greater good

Except for the elite, and again and believe in false legends and fairy stories
3. Gratitude for parents, guardians, and teachers

You need to tell people to do part one and two? and if you pay peanuts you'll get monkeys
4. Diligence in acquiring knowledge, via school studies and other methods

In Thailand? Perhaps a more inductive and holistic stlye of teaching and learning rather than rote will help...unless you want to brainwash the kids of course? But hey, you've got a Navy Admiral as the Education Minister now, so what could go wrong?
5. Preserving the Thai customs and tradition

Live in the past. We live in a Fairy Story. Next.
6. Morality and good will for others

But it's your own fault if you're good looking and wearing a bikini
7. Correct understanding of democracy with the King as Head of State

And they said Americans don't get irony. And no comment

8. Discipline, respect for law, and obedience to the older citizens

Do as your told. Or you'll go to jail. Kids, prepare for slavery.
9. Constant consciousness to practice good deeds all the time, as taught by His Majesty the King

No comment
10. Practice of Self-Sufficient Economy in accordance with the teaching of His Majesty the King

Absolutely no comment!!
11. Physical and mental strength. Refusal to surrender to religious sins.

Don't be a mental or a disabled. No having a tommy Tank, seeing a hooker, drinking beer, smoking fags or taking over airports and pretending to be a monk.
12. Uphold the interest of the nation over onesel

If we want to invade other countries you must die for us. Or even if we want you to shoot your own. It's for our the country's benefit you see

• Like 2

Be a blind, rampant, flag waving nationalist. Have imaginary ghost friends and absolutely no comment

Except for the elite, and again and believe in false legends and fairy stories

You need to tell people to do part one and two? and if you pay peanuts you'll get monkeys

In Thailand? Perhaps a more inductive and holistic stlye of teaching and learning rather than rote will help...unless you want to brainwash the kids of course? But hey, you've got a Navy Admiral as the Education Minister now, so what could go wrong?

Live in the past. We live in a Fairy Story. Next.

But it's your own fault if you're good looking and wearing a bikini

And they said Americans don't get irony. And no comment

Do as your told. Or you'll go to jail. Kids, prepare for slavery.

9. Constant consciousness to practice good deeds all the time, as taught by His Majesty the King

No comment

10. Practice of Self-Sufficient Economy in accordance with the teaching of His Majesty the King

Absolutely no comment!!

Don't be a mental or a disabled. No having a tommy Tank, seeing a hooker, drinking beer, smoking fags or taking over airports and pretending to be a monk.

12. Uphold the interest of the nation over onesel

If we want to invade other countries you must die for us. Or even if we want you to shoot your own. It's for our the country's benefit you see

Is it hard being bitter and twisted or does it come naturally for you?

Furthermore, the way in which her speech was introduced set an agenda of its own, one which dismissed the democratically elected government, and uncritically approved the seizure of power by a clicque within the armed forces.

Neither agreeing with nor approving of her and evident enthusiasm for this does not constitute an agenda of hate

Edited by JAG
  • Like 1

Anything about guns and getting to call the shots?

Didn't think so.

Internationally this is seen as audacious .

And let them brainwash Thais into further isolation .

Thai ness and xenophobic ideals will land them with further poverty in this competitive 21 st century.

Edited by Plutojames88
  • Like 2

I would assume all law abiding, respectful citizens in any country would respect these values.

In fact one Thai teenager is a glowing example of these values, especially value 7 (correct understanding of democracy) and value 8 (respect for law). She has been recognized for showing these values by being a forum speaker at the "one young world" forum in Ireland. It is a preeminent global forum for young leaders aged 18-30 that gather the brightest young leaders from around the world.

She is a beacon of hope for Thailand showing that the youth will make Thailand a strong democratic country in the future. She shows all these values and more. Of course some will denounce her because it does not suit an agenda of hate. They are the ones that don't respect the values that she so highly upholds.

I for one do not denounce her, I just disagree vehemently with her and what she stands for. Does that mean I have an "agenda of hate"?

Me too. Very well spoken and articulate young lady but she's only telling one side of this multi layered story. I'd wager she's from a well off Bangkokorian family and her views do not represent Thailand as a whole.

• Like 1

Having read the 12 items, and knowing they are intended for the Thai people,

I think this is a good reminder, for the Thai citizens. In my country we are getting

so that We do not say the Lords Prayer in schools anymore because it offends those

who are not Christian. It is becoming politically incorrect to say Merry Christmas,

Happy Easter, Happy Halloween , and other such greetings as there are those immigrant

Canadians that these phrases may offend. I am born and raised in Canada, but I cannot

go past security at any airport in my own country, while carrying a classic Swiss

army knife. The blade on this dangerous tool is 4cms or 1.6 inches long. I can stand right behind

another Canadian who is of Sikh religion and watch this person go on through with

their 6 inch bladed ceremonial dagger, but unfortunately I am only a Christian and

do not have the same right. So while there are those who seem offended by

the above 12 items, I have more things to be offended by.

Stargeezer

I would assume all law abiding, respectful citizens in any country would respect these values.

In fact one Thai teenager is a glowing example of these values, especially value 7 (correct understanding of democracy) and value 8 (respect for law). She has been recognized for showing these values by being a forum speaker at the "one young world" forum in Ireland. It is a preeminent global forum for young leaders aged 18-30 that gather the brightest young leaders from around the world.

She is a beacon of hope for Thailand showing that the youth will make Thailand a strong democratic country in the future. She shows all these values and more. Of course some will denounce her because it does not suit an agenda of hate. They are the ones that don't respect the values that she so highly upholds.

in the introduction,

"but she kept on going, supporting the movements that were ongoing until the government was turned over (sic) and replaced by the military at the present time."

"so really you can see why it is my privilege and pleasure to introduce this wonderful, courageous lady, who in the midst of her studies, has already shown her interest in going back to her country and help them repeal democracy for the development of the Thailandaise (sic) people".

wow, that is a ringing endorsement for an anti-democratic, traditional-elite young lady. It's the kind of fake logic that is nothing more than the non-democratic lies which robbed my family of their votes.

She is not the beacon of hope, but hopefully the last dying ember of the traditional elites and their archaic feudal system of domination.

The fact that she has the nerve to begin her talk with a quote from Thomas Jefferson is the best example of misappropriating the true ideas of democracy, self-governance, and a real social contract in a society for the purposes of tyrannical, unjust, and undemocratic control of a country.

Your absolutely right , it shows poor educational standards ,if this person stoops to insidious misrepresentations of American historical statements .

Not even fathoming the paradox of doing so to justify an ideal far removed from the said person she is quoting.

Namely , to attempt to give credence to non elected states and anti democratic means .

To pretend in any context it's liberty is self governed and ordained by some unseen elitist appointment to rule by gun.

That it even has moral grounds to dictate is at best a stupid presentation of obscene arrogance and at was pathetic propaganda that will resemble a North Korean dribble on a platform that she should never have been allowed to stand on

in the introduction,

"but she kept on going, supporting the movements that were ongoing until the government was turned over (sic) and replaced by the military at the present time."

"so really you can see why it is my privilege and pleasure to introduce this wonderful, courageous lady, who in the midst of her studies, has already shown her interest in going back to her country and help them repeal democracy for the development of the Thailandaise (sic) people".

wow, that is a ringing endorsement for an anti-democratic, traditional-elite young lady. It's the kind of fake logic that is nothing more than the non-democratic lies which robbed my family of their votes.

She is not the beacon of hope, but hopefully the last dying ember of the traditional elites and their archaic feudal system of domination.

The fact that she has the nerve to begin her talk with a quote from Thomas Jefferson is the best example of misappropriating the true ideas of democracy, self-governance, and a real social contract in a society for the purposes of tyrannical, unjust, and undemocratic control of a country.

Your absolutely right , it shows poor educational standards if this person stoops to insidious misrepresentations of American historical statements without knowingly understanding the paradox of doing so to justify an ideal far removed from the said person she is quoting.

Namely , to attempt to give credence to non elected states and by anti democratic means .

To pretend in any context it's liberty is self governed and ordained by some unseen elitist appointment to rule by gun.

That it even has moral grounds to dictate is at best a stupid presentation of obscene arrogance .

Edited by Plutojames88
  • Like 2

I for one do not denounce her, I just disagree vehemently with her and what she stands for. Does that mean I have an "agenda of hate"?
Me too. Very well spoken and articulate young lady but she's only telling one side of this multi layered story. I'd wager she's from a well off Bangkokorian family and her views do not represent Thailand as a whole.

Indeed. Anyone wishing to watch this should find it themselves on YouTube and read the comments section...

Seriously, please tell me which one of the 12 values you don't like and tell me why.

Don't forget these are designed for the Thais and NOT for farangs.

12. Uphold the interest of the nation over oneself.

I don't like the one about mind control and indoctrination, and being told how to live my (their) life by some wannabe gungho dictatorial despot.... (and the bit about gulags in Siberia concerns me a bit too, and the imprisonment without charge, and a few other "laws"... ohhh... sorry, they are the unwritten ones.) cheesy.gif

Indeed. Anyone wishing to watch this should find it themselves on YouTube and read the comments section...

Link me? I'm lazy :D

Phetchompoo Kijburana Introduced By President Nic:

Cheers.

See the world knows it was the Thai peoples prerogative to vote the Thaksin regime out. Only the rich elitists dis-agree with this fact because they knew their power was slipping.

There will be unrest again because they will keep making excuses to drag out the election and consolidate their power. Mark my words.

Ratcatcher, I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not ! smile.png

Mao Tse-Tung was the founding father of modern-day China. He laid the foundations for the China we see today. The China that Mao created was the launch-pad for the China we see today. And indeed, China today is a nation that has rapid economic growth, and it is slowly catching up with America and Russia on the world power stage.

Mao is still loved by many people in China. His face still appears in many places. Most countries need a big name person who is going to lead and inspire his nation to greatness. Maybe Thailand needs such a person.

Mao Tse-Tung can be credited with being the first leader of the People's Republic of China... The guy who laid the foundation for Modern China as a world power is Deng Xioaping from the 1980s. He is the leader who successfully opened up the economy to capitalist principles as well as foreign investment, ended a long-standing practice of isolationist international policies, as well as substantially improved the quality of life to close to 1 billion people. Mao Tse-Tung is responsible for the deaths of millions of his own people through power consolidation, idiotic economic policies such as the "great leap forward," and social programs like the "Cultural Revolution," that fostered a climate of fear throughout the country similar to what George Orwell describes in the book 1984. Mao Tse-Tung is beloved within China today because it has been beneficial for the Communist Party to build up the image of a 'founding father' type figure that provides legitimacy to the party today. The reality is that Mao Tse-Tung would have never allowed China to become the nation it is today; his very moral foundations go against some of China's most successful policies over the past 30 years; (a highly capitalist economy and open participation in global politics with non-communist regimes, to name two).

... So if Thailand is going to have better leaders in the future who will improve the country and then change the history and public perception of present day figures for their own benefits, then yeah, this is totally the type of figure Thailand needs right now.

She's some rich, clueless little idiot whose only interest is in securing her class interests so her motives are at least understandable but where the organizers get off with re-producing these outrageous lies is a bit more mysterious. On the other hand, Bob Geldoff seemed to be involved in it so it's hardly maintaining the highest standards. Anyway, this is being held in Bangkok next year so expect the BMA to pay for lots and lots and lots of equally irritating little brats to turn up and produce much more of the same.

This is the only thread on TV where foreigners seem to have a clue about the dreadful events of the last few months and the significance of a non elected military leader, millionaire, demigogue with fantasies about socialising the freedom out of people. How refreshing not to see the usual supine 'lackeys against freedom' crowd.

From the link in the OP:

The officer did not elaborate on the exact operations of the “network,” but added that the military is also organising 4-day camps for students who want to learn more about the Twelve Values and His Majesty the King's teachings.

I am sure "most or 46%" of all the Thai children have made a booking already: that exciting camp must be fully booked...

Because why think about girls, motobikes, big cars and booze as a teenager when you can learn about the twelve values clap2.gifcheesy.gif

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

"Prayut says wife, daughters cried when he staged coup

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said his wife and twin daughters cried when staged the coup on May 22."

how can someone promote happiness to the whole country while his family crying at home?

Edited by kaobang