Central plaza Pitso ++++

fredob43

I had the misfortune of going there today.

Was after a coffee maker one that used the capsules, Robinsons had one just the thing only problem all the capsules on offer were out of date by at least 3 months.

Left empty handed, then went to Tops that has also gone down the pan, although it looks great from the outside (nice display of fruit) the rest of the store is the pits little or no Cheese or Waitrose goodies. All they seem to do now is the same as any other store just larger prices. I don't think they thought they were going to get any busier as only 1 till was open and not a punter insight.

This was midday on a Saturday and the hole plaza was almost empty.

N/B if you are thinking of going to Tesco give it a miss as well they are doing alterations and have filled their car park up with trash.

Big C now seems to be doing quite a trade only problem there is the car park was full.

What their store was like I cant report on as after several tries to park gave it a miss and went home.

My 3 hour round trip a total waste of time.

Edited by fredob43

For the reasons mentioned above and I'm assuming your talking about Phitsanulok I now go to Udon Thani,much more choice in the Tops and their is a villa market also.

I cant comment on other Plazas/stores. Udon Thani is to far for me to go as I live in K.P.Phet that only leaves Phitsanulok. Well left Pitso some 140km away, as I have no intention of ever going there again for anything.

I put my OP in just to help peeps that might want to go there for any shopping.

May I suggest that they don't like I did waste their time or monies.

N/B I can get coffee makers here but they don't seem to sell the ones that use capsules, and I cant be bothered with grinding my own beans.

Can also get cheese and the likes here, but Tops used to have a bigger selection of many things now sadly gone down the pan, my local Big C knocks them into a cocked hat.

While I'm at it they Pitso also seem to have come up with a new stunt. Now near the hospital they have blocked off many roads and you can only go down them after you have collected a ticket, you don't have to pay if your going strait through but if you want to stop off anywhere even for a few minutes it'll now cost.

But your still left with the annoyance of having to get one and hand it in a few 100MT or so later. Just another money making ruse someone has come up with.

All I can say is, "Welcome to Phitsanulok!" It's just the way it is here.

When I need something like that, I usually put it on the list for my next trip to Chiangmai or BKK -- or order it from the States.

For something like coffee capsules, if you go to BKK or Chiangmai (or somewhere else), you can usually work something out with a merchant to have it shipped to you in the future. I get my coffee beans through the mail. Always super freshly roasted and a perfect roast at that (500 gram mylar sacks -- 475B/kilo). As good a coffee as I have ever had. I grind and brew daily.

FYI. These short cuts aren't new. You can shop for about 30 min. and no charge. Stops people from parking all day,like staff so shoppers can park.

These so called short cut's I'm sorry to say are the only way I know of getting to Makro from Big C. I don't want to know if there's another way of doing same, as stated will never be going there again.

N/B. How I would like to ask are peeps going to park.

Now instead of there being room to do same like before the roads are FULL with parked cars, and I might add parking Thai fashion. Stick it anywhere and hope.

All I can say is, "Welcome to Phitsanulok!" It's just the way it is here.

When I need something like that, I usually put it on the list for my next trip to Chiangmai or BKK -- or order it from the States.

For something like coffee capsules, if you go to BKK or Chiangmai (or somewhere else), you can usually work something out with a merchant to have it shipped to you in the future. I get my coffee beans through the mail. Always super freshly roasted and a perfect roast at that (500 gram mylar sacks -- 475B/kilo). As good a coffee as I have ever had. I grind and brew daily.

Thanks for the welcome but no thanks.

Chang Mai or BKK are both the same distance for me around 4 hour's + getting around, so that's a non starter.

I have looked up on the internet and can get same delivered, only problem the one I wanted their order form keeps going down.

Going to stick to instant from now on I don't want to do grinding, I'm a tea drinking Blighty chap anyway.

FYI. These short cuts aren't new. You can shop for about 30 min. and no charge. Stops people from parking all day,like staff so shoppers can park.

These so called short cut's I'm sorry to say are the only way I know of getting to Makro from Big C. I don't want to know if there's another way of doing same, as stated will never be going there again.

Now instead of there being room to do same like before the roads are FULL with parked cars, and I might add parking Thai fashion. Stick it anywhere and hope.

These short cuts through private property are nowhere near the roads between Mak and Big c.

We enjoy our yearly vist to friends in Pitts.There is a big Lotus outside the Town, exactly where i dont know,shut my eyes when we srcreamed past Macro... U.S. Friend goes too fast for me.Range of Cheese very good,went to Tops at Central Plaza thats gone Native. No U.S Beef and good meat as when it opened.opened. Robinsons had nice hi end goods coffee1.gif

We enjoy our yearly vist to friends in Pitts.There is a big Lotus outside the Town, exactly where i dont know,shut my eyes when we srcreamed past Macro... U.S. Friend goes too fast for me.Range of Cheese very good,went to Tops at Central Plaza thats gone Native. No U.S Beef and good meat as when it opened.opened. Robinsons had nice hi end goods coffee1.gif

In defence of Tops, the demographic of the socio-economic group that would frequent the store to buy Western Foods is different to (say) Bangkok. So they can't justify a wider range of Western Foods. They're in business to make a profit after all.

When there I just trundle through and see what they've got. If I see something I like, I buy it. How difficult is that?

I also prefer the environment within Tops when compared to stores like; Big C, Makro and Tesco. One reason for this is that it doesn't smell like a pissoir when you get within 25 yards of the fish section.

Jerry

• Like 1

These short cuts through private property are nowhere near the roads between Mak and Big c.

They may appear to be if your GPS is directing you and you've made a poor selection in the options menu. Some folks have been known to drive off cliffs or into the rivers doing this.

Jerry

• Like 2

They may appear to be if your GPS is directing you and you've made a poor selection in the options menu. Some folks have been known to drive off cliffs or into the rivers doing this.

Jerry

Right the way I go from Big C exit turn left, through the first T/light's then on to the hospital one's, turn left then right bear left 'one way' that's where you hit the pay as you go. Then to the bottom turn left your now onto the Makro road. Don't use my S/Nav and I don't go over cliffs. Those roads are not private never have been they are a main thoroughfare. Edited by fredob43

Right the way I go from Big C exit turn left, through the first T/light's then on to the hospital one's, turn left then right bear left 'one way' that's where you hit the pay as you go. Then to the bottom turn left your now onto the Makro road. Don't use my S/Nav and I don't go over cliffs. Those roads are not private never have been they are a main thoroughfare.

Maybe you should use your Sat Nav and set it to avoid toll roads then.

Jerry

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You can park/shop for an hour on these tickets in Suri-See (?). The reason they did it was as you have stated, especially at weekends & holidays when all the private schools are open.

Edited by chrisinth
  • Like 1