Sorrayuth, three others to be indicted

Lite Beer

Sorrayuth, three others to be indicted
The Sunday Nation

BANGKOK: -- A joint panel of public prosecutors and National Anti-Corruption Commission officials has recommended the indictment of TV host Sorrayuth Suthassanachinda and three others for their role in the alleged embezzlement of Bt138 million in advertising revenue from MCOT nine years ago.

Deputy spokeswoman at the Office of the Attorney-General Santhanee Ditsayabut said yesterday that after the Office resolved last month that Sorayuth and three others be indicted in the case, Attorney-General Trakul Winitnaiyapak had ordered public prosecutors to meet with the NACC panel once more to affirm the indictment decision. The alleged fraud is related to advertisement revenue for the Kui Kui Khao talk show programme on Channel 9.

Santhanee said the joint panel had already resolved that the case carried enough weight and would go ahead with the indictment.

They were in the process of drafting the suit. She said it was not certain if the suit would be filed by the year-end.

The NACC on September 20, 2012, voted 7-0 to take legal action against three people and Rai Som Co after it found grounds to believe MCOT level 5 administrative official Pichapa Iamsa-ard had committed serious disciplinary and criminal offences. Sorrayuth, the managing director of Rai Som Co, Montha Theeradet, a director of Rai Som, and Rai Som Co had committed criminal offences by supporting officials to commit wrongdoings, the commission alleged.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Sorrayuth-three-others-to-be-indicted-30249789.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-12-14

• Like 1

Could this and others that are now surfacing be part of the 25,000 plus that would have been given amnesty under the now defunct bill ?

With part of their budget reinstated the NACC will now have more resources to investigate these cases, they will be busy lads and lasses this coming year.

I thought a panel investigated these allegations against Sorrayuth last year and decided not only was He innocent of any wrong doings, but He was entitled to another 50+ Million Baht payment for services rendered. It's obvious He is the most Prominent Newscaster in the Kingdom winning multiple awards and acclaim and his Morning News Show is the most watched of all, so there are certain elements around that would like to see his downfall. Me and the Missus watch his show every morning and there is no subject that appears to be taboo. He was out in the field reporting on the dismal preparations and horrible aftermath of the great Flood of 2011. This year he was reporting from the Beaches affected by the oil spill. Yes, when you do great reporting of issues and the failures of half assed preparations and responses, you can bet you are going to make enemies. I believe after the coup, his show was the only news show to be back on the air rather quickly and broadcasting the news. I personally compare Sorrayuth to the likes of Walter Cronkite back in the 60's to 80's in the USA, with his closing catch phrase, "And that's the way it is". So, I believe that if Sorrayuth says it then, "That's the way it is". This case is dead in the water and not going anywhere.

A joint panel of public prosecutors and National Anti-Corruption Commission officials has recommended the indictment of TV host Sorrayuth Suthassanachinda and three others for their role in the alleged embezzlement of Bt138 million in advertising revenue from MCOT nine years ago.

Apparently the money (138 million baht)was repaid in 2006. August 31, 103.95 million baht and October a further 35 million plus 7.5% interest in the amount of 4.64 million baht.

I'm not suggesting what he allegedly did was right, I'm just saying it seems like a vendetta when you consider how many people have gone free without paying anything.