Images in Classifieds

CTO

Hi - I am not seeing images in the classifieds section, this seemed to have stopped a few weeks back, using Chrome, not running any ad block, seeing images everywhere else in the forum.

Anyone else having this issue?

Paused the AdBlock, went to check classifieds again, all the pictures are showing together with all the other cr@p I don't want to see.

Windows 7 with Microsoft Endpoint antivirus / antispyware and Windows Firewall. I'm only using Chrome as my browser so don't know if it works or not with other browsers.

If you're running Windows 8, maybe there's something in system settings? Maybe something got updated and screwing the things up now? I won't be surprised if that's the case, there isn't another site that shows as much junk as the TV classifieds...

I had this problem the other day on OSX 10.9.5 using Safari...today it's working fine. On Windows 8.1 with Chrome I saw no pictures running adblock. Paused it and reloaded...pictures came. Unpaused it and more than 25 ads blocked! IE on same system shows the pictures and all the ads.

Rather than having to constantly pause/unpause adblock, add the page to the filter. Click on the little icon to the right of the address bar (hand inside a stop sign), click on "Customise", and then go click on "Show ads on a webpage or domain". Put the below in the bar that opens (has "http://stackoverflow.com" on mine) then click ok. Reload the classified website.

http://classified.thaivisa.com/
PS.

I'm looking into advanced filters that will work better.

Edited by dave_boo
  • Like 1

not seeing images in the classifieds section has been nothing but a pain since the format change [long ago] there are other classifieds on different sites here that I use,

​Sorry we are almost in 2015, having to keep turning things off then pot luck it work is just plain silly.. So never use ThaiVisa Classifieds [used to a lot] no problem on other Classifieds..

Reported this a couple of years or so ago, since then do look to see if it has changed or works.. Nothings changed it is just a pain, other sites have not got this silliness so now use them only.

• Like 1

i never look at farang classifieds anymore.

farang prices are much more higher i dont know why! why farang overcharges another farang?

so i check mocyc.com and bigbikemarket facebook page and some sellers like red baron, or teera, superbike society etc

local prices are much more better and more options and price ranges. also Thai people are easier to deal IMO than a paranoid farang:)

Edited by ll2