Farang Prince Dies In Thai Jail

ScubaDuc

I really really can't understand why you will have yourself anything to do with Thailand. Why not just leave? Since you hate it so much.
Meemiathai, 1,673 posts you have on ThaiVisa and suddenly you start acting like a troll. Having a bad day?

---------------

Maestro

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:o

autotranslater ... again

---------

So my son, the prince died, in the Thai-prison

Ira Prinzessin zu Fürstenberg over the death of its son Christoph in a Thai prison

Why did it have to die? The sudden death of Christoph prince to Hohenlohe (49) after its prison stay in Thailand is a single riddle. Mother, Ira Prinzessin zu Fürstenberg shocked that (66), tries, the inconceivable, to understand. " I see still its view through the bars, would hear its voice", reports it in the Italian newspaper "Corriere Della serums". "As I it Thursday in the prison in Bangkok visited, saw brought it very from. They had forced it to shave the head barely. It neither was able to sleep yet eat, but nevertheless it made a clear impression on me."

The next time when it saw "Kiko", lay it in the coma in the hospital. Nominally a heavy infection. What happened ? The princess is helpless: "It not suffer had caused, asked me, a sprite and a belaid bread to buy." Rumors, Kiko had been diabetic, rejects the mother. "The cause of death remains mysterious. The medical report gives no information at all."

Four hours without aid

Kiko was arrested because of forgery of a visa on the 30 July in Bangkok and arrested become. On Friday it had complained over sickness, but first after four hours, aid had come. It was brought into the hospital, died after three days in the coma it in the night of Monday on Tuesday.

"The story is not yet long to end. We want to know, what happened. But now we keep in mind first once to get Kiko home. On Marbella, it should come next to the grave of its father to the quiet." On the 17 August, the funeral is. After Bangkok, it will return no longer. "This city becomes for me always the picture of Kiko be, that me behind bars looks at."

et

Last change: Friday, 11 August. 2006, 12:10 Clock

---

source BZ.berlin

---

:D

:o

ok... 1 more...

---------

Jetset-prince dies in the prison of Bangkok

Christoph to Hohenlohe, son of Ira of sovereign mountain, had falsified Thailand-visa with a ball-point pen

Of Daniel Kestenholz

Bangkok - in the night on Tuesday, Christoph "Kiko" prince to Hohenlohe (49) died in Bangkok under dramatic circumstances. Prince to Hohenlohe, who belonged to Europe to high nobility and Jetset, has sat for past week in custody: It was arrested at the airport of Bangkok because it had extended its expired visa itself and had falsified therewith.

At the death bed of the prince with liechtensteinischem passport were hurried also its famous mother Ira of sovereign mountain (66) and its brother Hubertus, the singer and former ski-racers. "As I it on Sunday yet saw, went it it badly, but it caused plaster living", said Hubertus prince to Hohenlohe vis-à-vis the Berliner morning postal service. "The physicians can itself do not explain, that one so quickly kollabieren can."

Probably the hard prison conditions had broken the portly Christoph. The "free thinker", so its brother, had been before in Dubai and Manila and was returned just now by a wellness-cure out of Krabi.

Then the prison shock. "Kiko" sat overfilled in totally, stink cells. The first two days in the police prison, then four days in the anxious-Kwang-headquarters prison. "On Saturday", so Hubertus prince to Hohenlohe, "went it with its health downhill, he came into the hospital." To late. "Christoph insulin needed. It lay in a sugar coma. Thereto an infection in the lung that blood pressure fell came, suddenly failed all organs." In the night on Tuesday, the hospital had assured it yet around 1.00 clock per telephone, would be everything stable. Around 3.00 clock, a lady had called and had said literal: "I at the pleased to tell you that your brother has passed away." (It pleases me, them to announce, that its brother died is.) "Probable wanted it be only friendly", says to Hohenlohe. "The entire is a totally stupid chance. My brother never was vorbestraft, but the officials advanced strictly after books, without feeling." Its mother Ira had brought Christoph yet meal into the prison and had encouraged it, he should not get upset so. This, so Hubertus, further had thought itself nothing with the forgery of the visa. It did not know that on that in Thailand up to six years custody stand. Hubertus: "Christoph a dwelling in Hawaii had reserved. It had missed the first flight. It had anxiety to miss the flight yet once. The reservation and down-payment would have decayed. It thought, it would change it itself, the stupid date." What the boundary official noted immediately. Am "whether I furiously?", asks Hubertus to Hohenlohe reflectively. "I can me simply do not introduce, that in the year 2006, if one on the moon fly still has six years custody threaten and one one overfilled cell with murderers out of Burma and Cambodia divide must, only because one at the visa rumgekritzelt has."

Also the Swiss message in Bangkok that is responsible for liechtensteinische citizen, had advocated after best fortune a release of to Hohenlohe, like the message confirmed. Even the Italian message turned itself a - without success. At the same time departure would have can to Hohenlohe without problem: It should have paid in the departure merely ten Euros punishment fee for every day, that the visa had expired.

Prince Christophs grandmother is Clara Agnelli (86) that controls the billions-package of the Fiat-family. Its mother princess Ira should been the secret love of sovereign Rainier III of Monaco its after the death of its woman Grace Kelly.

Out of the Berliner morning postal service of the 11 August

---------

i think now you know the story or ?? :D

----

:D

I think some people will have questions about this death. By example Christoph von Hohenlohes grandmother, Clara Agnelli, one of the great owners of the Fiat industry in Italy.

And I think also the royal families in Europe are curious. Why did Thailand put their relative in a prison for such a thing? Because all the royal families in Europe are related with this man. And why was he found on the floor in a small cell, almost dead together with 40 other men? Kept like dogs.(www.derstandard.al)

Some thai people in high positions might have to go to inactive posts.

Some people will hesitate before they go as tourists to Thailand after this incident.

oh ... and note .... the son of the Former Shah ... would not be a Farang

so no "farang prince" I guess

Why?

Do you know the meaning of farang?

Funny the same happened to a German Prince. All over German Newspapers today. :o

Click

Myterious. :D:D

It was all over the Italian newspapers the day before yesterday. This does not help the already poor reputation of Thailand in the eyes of Italians. When I was there last, promoting investment for Thailand, I asked Italian business owners what their first impressions of Thailand were. Apparently, in the eyes of many Italians, Thailand is considered as mainly a sex destination rather than a country with serious investment potential. What a shame.

(www.derstandard.al)
Correct link for those who read German:

http://derstandard.at/?id=2546772

New in this report is a quote from the brother of the deceased and a statement by a family lawyer:

*** Start of translation ***

“Christoph had a Liechtenstein passport. Because of the long queues at Bangkok airport, he changed the date of the expired permission to stay. He underestimated the relevance of this act for the Thai authorities.”

“He was allegedly found dead on the floor of his cell. We have sent the clinical documents to Vienna. The doctors claim that such a collapse is not possible.”

A lawyer for the family reported that the Thai authorities suspected that Christoph von Hohenlohe faked his visa because he was a drug dealer. Controls at airports are very strict because of the high number of international drug dealers and illegal immigrants.

*** End of translation ***

--------------

Maestro

(www.derstandard.al)
Correct link for those who read German:

http://derstandard.at/?id=2546772

New in this report is a quote from the brother of the deceased and a statement by a family lawyer:

“Christoph had a Liechtenstein passport. Because of the long queues at Bangkok airport, he changed the date of the expired permission to stay. He underestimated the relevance of this act for the Thai authorities.”

“He was allegedly found dead on the floor of his cell. We have sent the clinical documents to Vienna. The doctors claim that such a collapse is not possible.”

A lawyer for the family reported that the Thai authorities suspected that Christoph von Hohenlohe faked his visa because he was a drug dealer. Controls at airports are very strict because of the high number of international drug dealers and illegal immigrants.

--------------

Maestro

So they thought he was a drug dealer and let him die like a dog - what's most surprising is that they kept him there even after all his blue-blooded relatives arrived and after it was clear who he was. They certainly didn't still think he was a drug dealer at the time of his death?! His mother even visited him in the prison cell.

I am sure he was extremely arrogant to be treated in this way, but at the same time I am very sad he had to die like this. The Bild paper implied he had diabetes, but if he had died because of that I think it would be clear by now.

The entire world now knows about the Bangkok Hilton. Maybe not the official image Thailand likes to send out. One would hope that they will introduce some real and fair procedures after this incident.

The article in the Austrian paper “Der Standard”, I see, is based on an article in the Italian paper “La Repubblica” and the Austrians seem to have made some error in translation. The text in the Italian paper, quoting Hubertus von Hohenlohe, translates as:

“He told us that he tried to extend his permission to stay at the immigration office but when he saw the enormous queue there he decided to forget it, and he changed the date himself with a ball pen.”

“What was he doing in Thailand?”

“When we arrived here we were concerned to discover who knows what kind of illegal business. Instead, nothing. He was at the seaside in Krabi, then did a treatment to lose a few kilos, he was in good shape.”

--------------

Maestro

I am sure he was extremely arrogant to be treated in this way
You are sure. So you must have been there, behind him in the queue at passport control at the airport.

Finally, we have an eyewitness. Exactly what I was hoping for. Please tell us more. Were you able to hear the conversation? What was said?

---------------

Maestro

whatever opinions one may have about snobbish looks, minor royals, privilege and the victimless crime of altering the date on a visa stamp , this was a sad and probably unnecessary death.

an on the spot fine would have been sufficient punishment.

if Thailand really wants to be taken seriously as a country fit for admission to the developed world it should put an end to hypocritical practices such as allowing murderers to go free or unpunished whilst locking up stupid foriegners for fiddling with their passports.

Have to agree , third world countries should learn that if they want the tourist dollar then they have to put up with a bit of law-breaking by visitors and introduce proportionate punishments not , as in this case , the death penalty !!

One more translation of a short exerpt from another article in “La Repubblica” (I hope I am not boring you):

Still to be clarified is the cause of death. As his brother Hubertus Hohenloe said: ‘They didn’t tell us exactly... they said it will take two months to tell us officially. Cardiac arrest, they gave us to understand. And in the end, this is always the cause of death but all the organs failed too fast, nobody knows why.” A mystery still to be clarified.

In the meantime, the dispute with the Thai authorities are not yet finished. It seems, in fact, that they oppose the transfer of the remains to the family tomb in Marbella. But Ira Furstenberg has already announced that she will fight.

---------------

Maestro

One more translation of a short exerpt from another article in “La Repubblica” (I hope I am not boring you):

Still to be clarified is the cause of death. As his brother Hubertus Hohenloe said: ‘They didn’t tell us exactly... they said it will take two months to tell us officially. Cardiac arrest, they gave us to understand. And in the end, this is always the cause of death but all the organs failed too fast, nobody knows why.” A mystery still to be clarified.

In the meantime, the dispute with the Thai authorities are not yet finished. It seems, in fact, that they oppose the transfer of the remains to the family tomb in Marbella. But Ira Furstenberg has already announced that she will fight.

---------------

Maestro

I can't see why they should be opposed to releasing his body? Unless they are fearful of what an independent autopsy might find, or they particularly want him to be buried here in Thailand. This whole thing is looking very fishy, and the longer it goes on, the more I feel the Thai authorities are going to come off very badly here.

...and the more you clowns here engage in illinformed and idle speculation about this now extremely sensitive case reaching up into the highest levels of politics and palace, the higher the risk that you attract unwanted attention by the authorities.

You may have noticed that there is a news blockout in the Thai media about this case, only the Nation, the Bangkok Post and the Nation's sister paper Kom Chat Lueck have brought articles picked up from the wires, not even their own reporters investigate this case, and neither do so far any other Thai media outlets here in Thailand.

The reason the corpse initially was not released was simply that the autopsy, that is mandatory here in Thailand in such cases, was not yet completed.

There was no dirty play involved in the prison systhem and the hospitals - it simply was a f_uck up by the courts that had unforeseeable tragic consequences.

Most media reports so far have been based on hearsay, speculation, interviews with people who had no sufficient information about this case, and not on fact.

It is rather astonishing that this thread has been allowed to be continued. Reading through this thread i see many posts breaking lese majeste laws (yes, insulting foreign royal aristocracy here in Thailand can fall under lese majeste), and most other posts engage in rumor mongering in a case that the highest authorities in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are busy round the clock to stop.

And no, i am not back debating politics with you clowns, just for this one post.

...and the more you clowns here engage in illinformed and idle speculation about this now extremely sensitive case reaching up into the highest levels of politics and palace, the higher the risk that you attract unwanted attention by the authorities.

You may have noticed that there is a news blockout in the Thai media about this case, only the Nation, the Bangkok Post and the Nation's sister paper Kom Chat Lueck have brought articles picked up from the wires, not even their own reporters investigate this case, and neither do so far any other Thai media outlets here in Thailand.

The reason the corpse initially was not released was simply that the autopsy, that is mandatory here in Thailand in such cases, was not yet completed.

There was no dirty play involved in the prison systhem and the hospitals - it simply was a f_uck up by the courts that had unforeseeable tragic consequences.

Most media reports so far have been based on hearsay, speculation, interviews with people who had no sufficient information about this case, and not on fact.

It is rather astonishing that this thread has been allowed to be continued. Reading through this thread i see many posts breaking lese majeste laws (yes, insulting foreign royal aristocracy here in Thailand can fall under lese majeste), and most other posts engage in rumor mongering in a case that the highest authorities in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs are busy round the clock to stop.

And no, i am not back debating politics with you clowns, just for this one post.

Get a grip on it! This is an information and news forum, people wouldn't be speculating if the authorities had released all the information, and if the case was so important as you said, then why is it that the guy was never released, when his embassy and family petitioned on his behalf>?

How would you know this? :o Were you there?

oh ... and note .... the son of the Former Shah ... would not be a Farang

so no "farang prince" I guess

Why?

Do you know the meaning of farang?

Yes.

Do you know that Iranians are generally caucasian.

"Persians" (Iranians) consider themselves to be white folks, not Arabs. :o

Right, because they originate from the Caucasus region in South Eastern Europe, no doubt making them Caucasian

Didn't you know? He's been everywhere and done everything, knows everyone and knows....

everything...

I see his "resignation" from thaivisa is about as valid and honest as Thaksin's "resignation" was.

anyway... back to the topic at hand.

You are correct, marquess... extremely suspect to delay release of the body following the autopsy... as well as them saying it would take months to determine the cause of death.. ? :D

the reason why he stayed in jail for so many days was surely because of his attitude

I totally agree rainman.

This guy must have really angered the powers that be.

80 % chance or greater that IF he had been cool and spoke to them, told him what an

idiot he was and what was he thinking etc.

He would of had it resolved at the airport and would be in Hawaii annoying the locals there :o

TIT

What a pompous ass. Or are you also just a clown engaging in illinformed and idle speculation. Probably both.

Terrible if you know you are the worlds brightest spark, but not one of the clowns around you can see it. Idiots, aren't they.

Go away. Start a cult or something. :o

Yes.

And that's about all i will say about this.

You guys have been warned. I should have known that this is useless, like trying to tell a toddler that fire is hot before he has been burned.

Good bye.