Having to open the same bank account as your workplace, also whats Bangkok Bank like?

Every time I change jobs I have to open the same bank account as the employer. I presume this is due to fees if transferring to other banks? Slightly annoying but not the end of the world.

I'm currently with Kasikorn who are really good. Their phone banking is top notch, no extra charges for text message alerts for withdrawal, etc and there is normally an English speaking customer service person in their branches.

My new employer uses Bangkok Bank, which I've never used before. Any body have any thoughts on them? Better / worse than K Bank? I'm thinking that if they aren't up to much I might keep my KBank account and transfer my wages from my Bangkok Bank account every month.

ta

I had to set up a cimb bank account for salary but I use kbank for day to day banking. One thing to be aware of though is that some banks have a transfer limit. Cimb allow up to 500k per shot but kbank will only allow me 50k each time and they charge each time. So to xfer 200k it takes 4 transactions over 2 days. If I you are doing a couple per month for rent etc it becomes a bit painful.

OB

Have two accounts, take cash out of one, pay it into the other.

Kasikorn give you free cinema tickets (buy 1 get 1 free), and best accident insurance.

TMB gives you a card, cross country, cross ATM with no charges.

SCB gives the easiest home loans.

Bangkok bank easiest transfers from the USA.

That's about it.

• Like 1

I've had a Bangkok Bank account for 30 years and quite happy with them. When I changed positions a couple of years ago, as a government employee direct deposit required a designated government bank, in this case Krungthai. So opened an account with them for my pay to go into then I transfer most of it out to my Bangkok Bank account each month as that is where I do my business with.

I too have had to open a BKK bank account having changed jobs and moved location. I was given their chip and pin card which means I can only withdraw cash from their ATMs.... guess which bank abounds in the area where I live and that where I work.... (a clue, it's not BKK bank!) So I have to either walk forever to find one of their ATMs or carry larger amounts of cash than I would like to.

I signed up for their SMS message alert and it worked fine to start with. I withdrew cash at 6.15 last night and the alert came through at 8.14.... Not good enough. If this had been a scammer withdrawing from my account he could have had all its contents out in 2 hours.

Going to open a new K Bank account in my new location.