Moving to Isaan: How do you move two cats to Ubon Ratchathani?

sunoco27

the real question is - who on earth would move to some godforsaken place like Ubon Ratchathani!

250,000 people that live there thats who so hi so's like you can keep your nose up in the air.whistling.gif For the OP get and animal cage and drive.thumbsup.gif

Edited by khwaibah

As someone who has traveled cross-country in the U.S. with two cats, I can tell you it helps to have a good-sized vehicle and a larger cage where you can put the cats and a litter box. This assumes the cats get along. They won't need food, but maybe some water.

Consider having a tag or some ID with your phone number on the cats' collars in case they get away from you during the trip.

Whatever you do, don't just chuck 'em in the car and start driving. They'll immediately get under your feet.

They will not be happy and your nerves will be shot after listening to them yowl all the way to Ubon. You'll discover, too, just how much nervous cats can shed. If you didn't have a cat hair allergy before the trip, you'll probably develop one during the drive. Just remind yourself you only have to make this trip once with them.

My trip in the U.S. was more complex because we had to research pet-friendly hotels in advance. You could probably drive from CM-Ubon in one long memorable day.

Edited by NancyL

By air, using a catapult ? rolleyes.gif

Just kidding I like cats really, in fact have a couple of 5-month-old ex-kittens currently available to a new home, presently living near Mae-Jo & quite happy eating dog-food twice-daily !

Cats shouldn't be fed exclusively on dog-food. They have different nutritional needs than dogs and can develop severe health problems. My Mom had a cat who would only eat home-prepared organ meats. The cat died an early death from taurine deficiency.

• Like 2