Thai taxis reject even '2PM' K-pop star

webfact

Also didn't the dear leader announce shortly after the coup that the Taxi mafia at Swampy would be dealt with? Whatever happened with that?

No time for that right now, has 50 speeches and seminaries booked for next 10 days....

Many an announcement to make, no time for action..

I must check out your earlier posts : you must have had lots to say about Yingluck and her holiday trips shopping while never attending any meetings of any importance.

Unless you have extreme double standards like all her other supporters that is.

At least Prayuth is making an effort - even though all the other rats in the sewer mean he is doomed to failure.

• Like 1

Also didn't the dear leader announce shortly after the coup that the Taxi mafia at Swampy would be dealt with? Whatever happened with that?

A lot has happened with that. Evidently you haven't taken a taxi from there lately.

Edited by HerbalEd
  • Like 1

Some of Thailand's "personalities" should try a practical test, to get a taxi n the afternoon at 03.00 from the intra-Center in Pratunam according to Lat Krabang.

I ever waited never less than 30 minutes, but sometimes more than 2 hours. Some have my inquiry kindly rejected, others would drive for a fixed price between 400 and 800 baht.

The entire test should be over several days well documented with hidden Kamera.

That would be something for channel 3 team ... or any Others?

Yes I am not NES ... Hope you will understand the meaning anyway.

Rare to find a real taxi on soi 11, unless they are cutting through. Two many 2-week idiots for them the fleece there.

Last Sunday I had to drive from Sukumvit Soi 11 to the Don Mueang airport at 10am (a time with no traffic jam).
Outside the hotel they were 10 taxis standing, but no one wanted to go with meter.
They quoted all between 600 -800 baht.
I went down the street with my heavy luggage.
Have stopped 5 passing taxis but nobody wanted to drive me to the airport for the regular fare with meter on.
At the end of the road I found a taxi for 400 baht all in (including highway toll).
The driver told me that in Soi 11 is too much taxi mafia.
Passing taxis are reluctant to take passengers for the normal meter fare.They are afraid.

Everyone should just use Grab Taxi. Or another app. Great system.

Only the driver Grab Taxi driver does not always turn up. I booked using the app and the driver called me after 10 minutes and told me to book another taxi. Only no other taxi available. Complete waste of time

Gawd wouldn't it be nice if there farang on this site would do nothing but bit&^h. But never happen.

Not bitching, merely observations by those who aspire to a higher standard and who live in hope that the lemmings who claim to be redressing the myriad of social problems that beset this country would at least for once, do something apart from mouthing off.

Rare to find a real taxi on soi 11, unless they are cutting through. Two many 2-week idiots for them the fleece there.

Last Sunday I had to drive from Sukumvit Soi 11 to the Don Mueang airport at 10am (a time with no traffic jam).

Outside the hotel they were 10 taxis standing, but no one wanted to go with meter.

They quoted all between 600 -800 baht.

I went down the street with my heavy luggage.

Have stopped 5 passing taxis but nobody wanted to drive me to the airport for the regular fare with meter on.

At the end of the road I found a taxi for 400 baht all in (including highway toll).

The driver told me that in Soi 11 is too much taxi mafia.

Passing taxis are reluctant to take passengers for the normal meter fare.They are afraid.

I am since 20 years here, so i am an easy going person.

Yes some first time tourist do not know, but it is not necessary to call them "idiots"

I just support a properly regulated and a properly performed taxi industry.

The best thing we can do to effect change, is for everyone to try to avoid using taxis if there is any other alternative available.

Walk, Use the Bus, SkyTrain or Subway if you can. If not then try a Motorcycle Taxi if possible.

If everyone keeps taxis as there absolute last resort, this will put a large dent in their business, and it may cause a wake up across the industry.

And especially DO NOT use a Taxi that is just sitting around doing nothing.

Just smile as you walk by and leave them sitting there, while you look for one driving by, if you must use a Taxi.

Guess you haven't been in Thailand that long. Don't you know how Thai economics work? If you have less customers you increase the price.

So your plan to boycott using taxis would just cause them to increase the prices more. TIT

2nite 23:30h
Suk 26 to Asok (21) No meter, we were quoted for 500 THB.

All the way for a 10 min walk there was NO taxi who wanted to go for meter !!!

Friends booked with GRAB. After more than 2 hours 1 GRAB showed up. Also did not want to go on meter and would do it for 400 THB.

Moto sai took them for 40 THB each...

Edited by FredNL

Yes Amigos, but check out the pictures. This guy is smiling, means he is much smarter then you guys, who only come here to cry ...

is there nothing more ironic than complaining about complainers on the internet

see it every day and its always give me a smile or a laugh

nothing like a good straight man to laugh at.

Every Taxi has a number. On the dashboard are picture and name of driver. Complaint Hotline 1584 (no English). They are supposed to take every passenger.

Drivers are generally quite afraid of complaints. Especially afraid if you take a picture.

Be careful, they might get aggressive.

Helps in approx. 50%

• 2 weeks later...