Sydney gunman was 'wanted in Iran'

webfact

Sydney gunman was 'wanted in Iran'

(BBC) Iran says it requested 14 years ago the extradition of Man Haron Monis - the gunman behind the Sydney siege - but Australia refused to hand him over.

The head of Iran's police, Gen Ismail Ahmadi Moghaddam, told reporters that Monis was wanted for fraud at the time.

He said Monis had fled to Australia via Malaysia in the late 1990s.

Monis and two hostages were shot dead on Tuesday morning, when commandos stormed the Sydney cafe where he had been holding captives for 16 hours.

Gen Moghaddam said Monis was known in Iran as "Manteqi".

"In 1996, he was the manager of a travel agency and committed fraud," the general told reporters. "He then fled to Malaysia and from there, to Australia under a fake name."

He added that "since we did not have an agreement on the extradition of criminals with Australia, the Australian police refused to extradite him".

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-30502094

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-12-17

He did this to the country that kindly took him in.

Pity he wasnt sent back to Iran for beheading years ago.

Hopefully he is in excruciating pain in h e l l . May all those that loved, cared for and supported him rott there as well.

Edited by neverdie
  • Like 2

Another quality economic immigrant oh refugee exploiting the do-gooder state.

Most asylum seekers / refugees who come to Australia fit in nicely. There will always be a few bad apples, and as most of you know the first boat people that came to Australia 200 years were a pretty average lot, and those British people smugglers that brought the convicts here were the worst bastards of the lot. Interesting to note that the gunman came to Australia while the Howard government was in power, and that that government set pretty low standards for treatment of asylum seekers at the time. For some reason they let him in and preferred to concentrate on imaginary asylum seekers throwing their imaginary children overboard.

• Like 1

just watch border security australia on youtube

they are so fierce and heartless with western tourist they kick you back home it they SUSPECT u are there for working illegally

then they let terrorists and criminals free

shame on the australian immigration

• Like 1

He did this to the country that kindly took him in.

Pity he wasnt sent back to Iran for beheading years ago.

Hopefully he is in excruciating pain in h e l l . May all those that loved, cared for and supported him rott there as well.

I think this guy was genuinely mad, not just politically/religiously fanatical.. Probably shouldn't have been at large.

the oz government knew he was wanted in Iran and that he came to Australia under a false name and still did not deport him, this is typical of the do gooder attitude is is enough to give anyone the sh!ts and now 2 good Aussies are dead, hang your head in shame Oz imigration

It's simply so shameful that, what takes the average human nary any time to correct a simple mistake (and ensure it does not happen again)... generally takes governments these days billions and years and numerous newly elected officials or incumbents to only treat the symptoms and ignore the cure.

How much longer will governments bend until (allowing it) black becomes white and white becomes black? Moreover, how much longer will people allow the wasted years and wasted lives for governments to realize the obvious... races, cultures and religions simply cannot get along side by side.

There needs to be some moderation, but thus far, nothing seems to work, and things only seem to get worse.

I may seem far off here to some, but my intentions are merely to recognize, in my view and experience, that people are indeed diverse... but in that, is it not fair to infer that diversity could possibly also be a warning... and not necessarily an invite or even a challenge to toleration?

I may be off here, but my intentions are well meant towards mankind's survival.

My heart goes out to those unfortunate souls who got caught up in this charade.

Edited by cup-O-coffee