O- blood needed urgently

Nobbie49

Not sure if this is the right forum but a good friend of is in dire need of O- (negative) blood URGENTLY. If you can donate go immediately to the Red Cross institute on Henri Dunant road and say that it is blood for Robert McBlain. Thank you so much.

Why the shortage? Type O blood is the most common here. Negative may be less common, but the one they cry out for is type A.

Hope your pal gets better soon.

Sorry I can't help, I'm A pos, but I gave a lot in the 2004 tsunami as there was shortage of A blood then. It seems A is quite rare here.

Edited by Mister Fixit

O- is the rarest blood type in Thailand, comprising less than 2% of the indigenous population.

I'd love to help, being O- myself, but I'm way up in Isaan and the Red Cross here has told me I can't donate because of my age.

OP, best of luck to your friend. I hope some O- forum members in BKK will help. Have you tried on any of the Thai language forums?

Why the shortage? Type O blood is the most common here. Negative may be less common, but the one they cry out for is type A.

Sorry I can't help, I'm A pos, but I gave a lot in the 2004 tsunami as there was shortage of A blood then. It seems A is quite rare here.

Mister Fixit, better to fix it your post cause it's a big mistake:

"Type O blood is the most common here."

!0 years ago, unless you're Tony Hancock you will have recovered by now and can start atoning for your clanger .

Edited by roamer

Have you seen the list of qualifications to donate blood to the Red Cross in Thailand! It's no wonder there is always a shortage of blood in this country. Good luck getting the blood your friend needs.

Indeed, I'm O neg, a regular donor in the UK, I'm on their on call list with O neg being uncommon, I responded to an urgent call here earlier in the year, but because I had turned sixty I wasn't acceptable.

To be fair, there were plenty of Thai people donating.