Mass grave 'found in eastern Syria'

webfact

Syria conflict: 230 bodies 'found in mass grave' in Deir al-Zour

(BBC) The bodies of more than 230 people believed to have been killed by Islamic State (IS) have been found in a mass grave in eastern Syria, activists say.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said they were thought to be members of a tribe that fought the jihadist group in Deir al-Zour province in the summer.

The mass grave was discovered after the tribe, the Sheitat were allowed to return home by IS leaders, it added.

Last month, the UN said it had received reports of a massacre there in August.

Investigators said it appeared to have been perpetrated by IS in a struggle for control of oil resources near the town of Mohassan.

One survivor described seeing "many heads hanging on walls while I and my family escaped", while locals saw several freshly-dug mass graves.

Video published online also indicated that IS fighters had conducted mass beheadings of fighting-age Sheitat tribesmen.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-30515483

bbclogo.jpg
-- BBC 2014-12-18

And yet, there are many thousands of morons whom adore and love those barbarians and

wilfully and willingly joined them and give their life for them.. go figure what a warped , crazy

world we live in...

And there are other morons who supply them with arms to fight the Syrian government.

• Like 2

And yet, there are many thousands of morons whom adore and love those barbarians and

wilfully and willingly joined them and give their life for them.. go figure what a warped , crazy

world we live in...

And there are other morons who supply them with arms to fight the Syrian government.

And there are other morons who will not do anything about their own religion being used as justification for the slaughter!

Until the Arabs take responsibility for their own problems this won't change. The reality is that war between Sunni and Shia is going to happen, it's just a question of time before that region explodes. And the Arabs will only have themselves to blame.

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

world we live in...

Your right. It's a no win situation. We should just turn it all into glass and be done with it.

I am sure the millions of women and children that would perish would love you for that consideration! - Not ! Your statement is a rather dreadful indictment on your profession.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

world we live in...

Your right. It's a no win situation. We should just turn it all into glass and be done with it.

I am sure the millions of women and children that would perish would love you for that consideration! - Not ! Your statement is a rather dreadful indictment on your profession.

Don't be stupid. It's an indictment on me, not my profession. My comment had quiet a bit of sarcasm, although is us a no win situation and these f'ers torture, rape and slaughter women and children. They burn people alive in barrells and inflict torture methods worse than any other conflict. Rape young boys and girls. Rip off finger nails, cut off fingers, beat with metal bars across the abdomen and beat in the back with hammers sometimes until death.

• Like 1