Jay walking pedestrians

It is'nt all the fault of the motorcycle rider, there are so many people, mostly Russians who wander down the soi's completely oblivious of the fact that they are on a road, pushing their push chairs and letting young kids wander around .

Late last night a customer from the Happy Bar walked out into the main road, looked to his right and saw it all clear, then proceeded to cross to the other side straight into the path of an oncoming motorcycle....Thump! Luckily he was not killed but was taken to Naton Hospital by Samui Rescue with head injuries.

. The young lady riding the motorbike suffered minor injuries but was badly shaken up.

. Yet another reminder of the danger of Samui roads. facepalm.gif One has to be alert all the time when riding a motorcycle.

Edited by oldsailor35

In all fairness, many people JAY-WALK at "Marked Pedestrian Crossings" in order to avoid being run down/over/under by Thai drivers/riders, who seem to think that once a Pedestrian Steps onto a cross-walk, it is like they've walked into the "Bulls Eye" on a Target and they become Fair Game!

I very nearly got a Thump! driving very slowly over the hill from Chaweng to the airport from a Japenese couple on a m/bike on the wrong side of the road around that blind bend at the top. Words failed me but gestures did not.

To clarify ... There was no sign of Russians in this scenario

Drive slowly people. If i drove fast i would have had that Thump! Jay walking is fine if everyone drives slow

In all fairness, many people JAY-WALK at "Marked Pedestrian Crossings" in order to avoid being run down/over/under by Thai drivers/riders, who seem to think that once a Pedestrian Steps onto a cross-walk, it is like they've walked into the "Bulls Eye" on a Target and they become Fair Game!

You certainly have a point there, it seems that most Thai drivers have no idea whatsoever what a pedestrian crossing is for. One of the worst is in Bangkok lower Sukumvit right opposite Soi 4............by the way, i often wonder whats down Soi 4. So many people going there. cheesy.gif