Myanmar says workers innocent of murdering Britons on Koh Tao

webfact

Hmmmmm.....I am being deafened by the silence from the usual RTP shills and apologists, JTJ, JDinAsia, SvissGeez etc. I would have thought they'd be scrambling to denounce this diversion from the script!

Maybe the fact that not one of them has posted in defence of the RTP case yet lends strength to the rumour that they are in fact one person working with or for the RTP?

Surely they/he/she will break silence soon and come wading in to defend the official version.

coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Hmmmmm.....I am being deafened by the silence from the usual RTP shills and apologists, JTJ, JDinAsia, SvissGeez etc. I would have thought they'd be scrambling to denounce this diversion from the script!

Maybe the fact that not one of them has posted in defence of the RTP case yet lends strength to the rumour that they are in fact one person working with or for the RTP?

Surely they/he/she will break silence soon and come wading in to defend the official version.

coffee1.gif

JTJ has been here already and then promptly departed, I took a screenshot of his vile comment however http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/785185-myanmar-says-workers-innocent-of-murdering-britons-on-koh-tao/?p=8821563

Here's the video link to the press conference

Well well, considering Burmese and Thai relations were supposed to of been strengthened now that their governments are so...similar (in some respects) this is very surprising. Burma straight out calling it BS and that their boys are innocent.

I'm a bit sad that my home nation won't also divulge their own investigations findings, I guess it is a matter of 'diplomacy' but I think that there's more to gain for Thailand through close relations with their immediate neighbors than there is with Britain.

Maybe, just maybe, there is a glimmer of hope for these boys. But, sadly, less closure for the families of Hannah and David.

The families of David and Hannah don't deserve a closure that has been ridden out on innocent peoples' backs!

It is their own fault that they won't get closure because they have been silent throughout the whole mayhem, when even a blind person could see that the investigation is going south with the true murderers walking and two burmese patsy children being beaten to confession in a "safe house". It would be the duty of any concerning parent to fight for the truth, not push for "closure" leaving alone announcing in public that they were satisfied with this absolutely unbelievable mess of an investigation!

Like I posted many times - if I were the father of David or Hannah, I would have been there myself, turning the island inside out along with my own private investigation team and good friends from Nakhon Si Thammarat. After that, the true murderes would have been brought to a "safe house" in the suburbs of Bangkok, where I would spend a week with them, my toolbox and a camera to record some nice memories to watch and calm me down whenever grief and sadness about my child being killed would set in. That would be my closure!

Edited by catweazle

I see only two possible ways out of this:

1. Thai court decides evidence are not strong enough and let's them walk free

2. Thai court sentenes them for murder and a few months later they are handed over to Myanmar authorities who do whatever they like afterwards.

The second option is more possible as the first one will be a loss of face for our lovely BIB.

Here's the video link to the press conference

Well well, considering Burmese and Thai relations were supposed to of been strengthened now that their governments are so...similar (in some respects) this is very surprising. Burma straight out calling it BS and that their boys are innocent.

I'm a bit sad that my home nation won't also divulge their own investigations findings, I guess it is a matter of 'diplomacy' but I think that there's more to gain for Thailand through close relations with their immediate neighbors than there is with Britain.

Maybe, just maybe, there is a glimmer of hope for these boys. But, sadly, less closure for the families of Hannah and David.

The families of David and Hannah don't deserve a closure that has been ridden out on innocent peoples' backs!

It is their own fault that they won't get closure because they have been silent throughout the whole mayhem, when even a blind person could see that the investigation is going south with the true murderers walking and two burmese patsy children being beaten to confession in a "safe house". It would be the duty of any concerning parent to fight for the truth, not push for "closure" leaving alone announcing in public that they were satisfied with this absolutely unbelievable mess of an investigation!

Like I posted many times - if I were the father of David or Hannah, I would have been there myself, turning the island inside out along with my own private investigation team. After that, the true murderes would have been brought to a "safe house" in the suburbs of Bangkok, where I would spend a week with them, my toolbox and a camera to record some nice memories to watch and calm me down whenever grief and sadness about my child being killed would set in. That would be my closure!

Only a week ?? Too quick..... :-) A whole toolbox seems like a bit of overkill. I would think a battery powered drill with a 1/8 inch drill bit would do the job.... And yes I am somewhat stunned how quickly the parents of David and Hannah are accepting the " official" version of what happened, when even the Burmese government is voicing doubts about having two of their

citizens get stitched up for the crime....

Edited by EyesWideOpen
  • Like 1

coffee1.gif

JTJ has been here already and then promptly departed, I took a screenshot of his vile comment however http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/785185-myanmar-says-workers-innocent-of-murdering-britons-on-koh-tao/?p=8821563

Unfortunately that just takes us to the place after his comments were deleted by the mods (well done mods!). I would have like to have seen what he/she/they said though.

• Like 1

Like I posted many times - if I were the father of David or Hannah, I would have been there myself, turning the island inside out along with my own private investigation team and good friends from Nakhon Si Thammarat. After that, the true murderes would have been brought to a "safe house" in the suburbs of Bangkok, where I would spend a week with them, my toolbox and a camera to record some nice memories to watch and calm me down whenever grief and sadness about my child being killed would set in. That would be my closure!

Mr. catweazleclap2.gifclap2.gif

What a boring place Thaivisa would be without posters like you!!

"where I would spend a week with them, my toolbox and a camera to record some nice memories"

Classy!!

Apart from that a good post and I agree with your sentiment 100%

• Like 1

"where I would spend a week with them, my toolbox and a camera to record some nice memories"

Classy!!

Yes, torture, how classy. :rolleyes:

coffee1.gif

Unfortunately that just takes us to the place after his comments were deleted by the mods (well done mods!). I would have like to have seen what he/she/they said though.

Even if his post has disappeared, it doesn't take much of imagination, to figure out its content:

"Now even the Myanmar Government are part of the evil conspiracy theorists network"

• Like 1

Reg. JTJ and his pal JDinasia or something, I have to say that I find it very frightening to see that there are people out there who opt to believe official stories and statements just because they have been labeled as the "official truth" and who are reluctant to see the greater picture and ask uncomfortable questions... Disturbing to see is how agressively and relentless they defended the official version... as long as there are people out there like that, humanity will never have a chance to true freedom, democracy and human rights as these people make it easy for politicians and people in power to play us like puppets sad.png

The biggest downer ever for me though was to read that David's and Hannah's parents claimed to be satisfied with the horrifying blunders made during this stitchup. This, to me, is insane.

"I have to say that I find it very frightening to see that there are people out there..."

"as long as there are people out there like that, humanity will never have a chance to true freedom, democracy and human rights..."

Says the guy who fantasizes about torturing people.

From Post #72 above: ... as long as there are people out there like that, humanity will never have a chance to true freedom, democracy and human rights as these people make it easy for politicians and people in power to play us like puppets.

From the screenplay to The Wizard of Oz (1939):

HICKORY All right, Mrs. Gale. But some day they're going to erect a statue to me in this town, and --
AUNT EM Well, don't start posing for it now.

Classy!!

Yes, torture, how classy. rolleyes.gif

In your eyes it is OK to defend the RTP torturers but denounce what a grieving father might do. Reprehensible.

What is your opinion of the Burmese governments statement? Or do you now accept that you and you cohorts where wrong all along?

Interesting to note that jdinasia admits to the fact that there is corruption within the R.T.P.

The selection of officers from other areas, as opposed to locally, is better when combating corruption.

Now wasn't the ''outside '' investigation chief removed with indecent haste from the case when a certain family and its members were the focus of the then investigation team?

The explanation given was that the move was due to a promotion schedule.

Also it seems as if a certain person has taken a break from his studies at university in Bangkok and it is said that he has gone, or is on route to Satun to become a monk.

Seeking forgiveness through merit giving perhaps?

Certainly the authorities in Myanmar are to be congratulated on their actions concerning this horrific murder and their support and defence of the two accused scapegoats.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/785090-matichon-dissolution-of-the-royal-thai-police/page-6#entry8823380

jdinasia post # 71

The main issue is going to remain, that is having both adequate pay and adequate training for non-commisioned police. (pay for commissioned officers is too low as well.)

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

Reg. JTJ and his pal JDinasia or something, I have to say that I find it very frightening to see that there are people out there who opt to believe official stories and statements just because they have been labeled as the "official truth" and who are reluctant to see the greater picture and ask uncomfortable questions... Disturbing to see is how agressively and relentless they defended the official version... as long as there are people out there like that, humanity will never have a chance to true freedom, democracy and human rights as these people make it easy for politicians and people in power to play us like puppets sad.png

The biggest downer ever for me though was to read that David's and Hannah's parents claimed to be satisfied with the horrifying blunders made during this stitchup. This, to me, is insane.

"I have to say that I find it very frightening to see that there are people out there..."

"as long as there are people out there like that, humanity will never have a chance to true freedom, democracy and human rights..."

Says the guy who fantasizes about torturing people.

...fantasizing... about torturing the swines that have raped and killed my daughter and who were not satisfied with just that but had to beat her head to a bloody pulp... Yes, I'd torture such a "person" (as you put it) to death and - if we would be living in a free world - a father would have the god given right to revenge the violent death and rape of his own child. An eye for an eye! I'd rather die on my feet than live on my knees!

Great ... just be sure you have the right swines.

Myanmar probe team says it has witnesses to prove two Myanmar suspects are innocent

19-12-2557-10-56-17-wpcf_728x404.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The spokesman of the Myanmar special committee said today that the committee now has some witnesses who were ready to prove the innocence of two Myanmar suspects accused of murdering the two British tourists on Koh Tao on September 15.

In a press conference held Thursday in Bangkok, the spokesman said the two Myanmar suspects, Zaw Lin and Win Zaw Tun did not murder the two tourists, David Miller, 24, and Ms Hannah Witheridge, 23.

He said the two confessed to the murder because they were tortured and forced to confess. But he said they later retracted the confession because the Thai police imposed several serious charges upon them, one of which was the rape and murder conspiracy.

The Myanmar embassy has appointed a committee to investigate and so far it has questioned more than 40 Myanmar migrant workers in Koh Tao.

The committee has found a number of witnesses who could help to prove the two suspects were not involved in the murder.

But these witnesses said they were reluctant to testify as witnesses for fear of the Thai police, and their employers. But what they were most concerned about was that they could be laid off if they testify.

The Myanmar embassy’s investigation team was assured that they would cooperate to testify under condition that they must be protected.

Meanwhile the Samui provincial prosecutor Mr Tawatchai Siengjaew said that the press conference today by the Myanmar embassy was considered a normal judicial procedure to defend the suspects and have no impact on the evidence which the prosecutors have in prosecuting both of them in the court.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/myanmar-probe-team-says-witnesses-prove-two-myanmar-suspects-innocent

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-12-19

"Sek acknowledged that no extradition of a wanted person could be made if the laws of Thailand and the relevant country did not recognise the same criminal offence and it was unlikely the country would extradite anyone facing a political charge."

Yes, so why bother and why make your self and the country look less relevant and foolish ?

An (impotent) attempt to intimidate Thai expats into staying quiet? 'We know where you are, who you are. There is no escape...'

This politician in the shadows... is he fond of his whistles?

From the body of ThaiPBS Story 19 DEC via the link at #82: The committee has found a number of witnesses who could help to prove the two suspects were not involved in the murder.

From the lead paragraph of the story as posted at #82: BANGKOK: -- The spokesman of the Myanmar special committee said today that the committee now has some witnesses who were ready to prove the innocence of two Myanmar suspects accused of murdering the two British tourists on Koh Tao on September 15.

Edited by JLCrab