90 Day reporting in different province

Hi all,

If someone who was employed by a company lived in one province but the business they worked for was located in another province which Immigration Office would they need to do the 90 day extension for a B Visa and WP at?

For example the employee lived in Hua Hin but travelled to BKK 3 or 4 days a week to work at the business, would they do the extension at Hua Hin because that's where the employee lives or BKK because that's where the Business was registered and located?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Where they are calling their residence, that's why it's called an address report.

Thanks for the reply but certain documents related to the business have to be produced also in order to grant the extension on a B visa and WP, if the Immi Office can see that you are not working in the same province maybe they will ask questions hence my OP

Hopefully your reply is correct but if anyone else has anything to add then please feel free to do so.

Extensions done at the office for where you live.

Same with 90 day reporting.

WP stuff done at the office for where you work / the business is located.

"...if the Immi Office can see that you are not working in the same province maybe they will ask questions hence my OP"

Surely you could answer a few questions about your situation.

Thanks TerryLH, it seems as I expected that the WP would need to be stamped at the Immi Office where the business is located, as I understand it the 90 day extension and WP need to be stamped together so it would seem that they would both need to be done in the Province the business is located

If this is incorrect then I am sure somebody here will tell me, maybe Ubonjoe could assist?

Not sure regards WP, but have reported address in three different provinces over the years (with address in one) and have said 'holiday' when questioned. In fact, rightly or wrongly, was told reporting can be done anywhere by Hat Yai immigration. For 90-day report, also bear in mind the 14-day / 7-day before / after grace period.

As above, I would pop into your local immigration and double-check with them. wink.png

Time to start all over again after I removed an abusive post an then replies to it.

You do not get 90 days extensions of stay for working. You get a one year extension. You then make reports of staying in the country longer than 90 days.

You get a work permit in the province where you are working.

Normally you have to apply for an extension where you are living but I have seen reports of people having to get them in the province where they are working.

I Don't quite understand all this " messing about " when you have a Visa. Surely if you have a " retirement visa " or an " Ed Visa " you can do your 90 day reporting at " ANY " immigration office in Thailand ( even if it's on a remote island somewhere! ) and why and how would you need to take " proof of address " if you are just passing through and not even staying the night!?

F.J rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

i will be in the south of Thailand for 6 weeks when I have to do my 90 day report at the end of april during school holidays. can i report at Immigration in krabi or would I have to return To Krabi immigration to do it?

You can do your report in Krabi but you will need a local address to put on the TM47 form.

I think you have typo when your wrote "return to Krabi".

i will be in the south of Thailand for 6 weeks when I have to do my 90 day report at the end of april during school holidays. can i report at Immigration in krabi or would I have to return To Krabi immigration to do it?

An immigration officer once told me that you can do your 90 day reporting at ANY immigration office in Thailand ! ( retirement or ed visa ) and when you think about it it makes sense! It should not make any difference where you report as long as you are in Thailand.

But maybe we should get " UbonJoe on the case " as he seems to be " The man in the know " .

We had a similar problem in Spain for years with the Spanish police refusing to take a police report with a crime that didn't happen on there territory! Now luckily that has all changed!

F.J

I live in Buriram province but I do my 90 day reports in Nakhon Ratchasima province, as it is a 250Km round trip journey to Kap Choeng as opposed to a 120Km round trip to the immigration office @ Dan Kwien (Korat) office....most of my mates do the same, no problem

I just turn up with my passport (no other documents required) and am usually in and out in less than 5 minutes

Edited by mxyzptlk

canarysun, on 19 Dec 2014 - 10:48, said:
Mandymarg, on 19 Dec 2014 - 10:36, said:

An immigration officer once told me that you can do your 90 day reporting at ANY immigration office in Thailand ! ( retirement or ed visa ) and when you think about it it makes sense! It should not make any difference where you report as long as you are in Thailand.

But maybe we should get " UbonJoe on the case " as he seems to be " The man in the know " .

We had a similar problem in Spain for years with the Spanish police refusing to take a police report with a crime that didn't happen on there territory! Now luckily that has all changed!

F.J

True to a point providing you follow the procedure.

When you get an extension based on retirement (not a Visa) you show proof of address and that is registered on the Immigration database.

Say for example your registered address was in Krabi, but for some reason you were staying in Khon Kaen.

You can't simply expect to walk into Immigration in Khon Kaen to do a 90 day report when your registered address is in Krabi.

You can either

A. Do your 90 day report by mail to Krabi, or

B. Fill out a TM28 change of address form with proof of your address in Khon Kaen, along with a TM47 90 day report form. (including required documents).

The Immigration office in Khon Kaen will change your address on the database, then file your 90 day report (under the new local address)

However when you return to Krabi, you'll have to go through that same procedure again at Krabi Immigration office in order to do your 90 day reports and extensions at their office.

90 day reports by mail are much simpler in that scenario.

• Like 1

I live in Buriram province but I do my 90 day reports in Nakhon Ratchasima province, as it is a 250Km round trip journey to Kap Choeng as opposed to a 120Km round trip to the immigration office @ Dan Kwien (Korat) office....most of my mates do the same, no problem

I just turn up with my passport (no other documents required) and am usually in and out in less than 5 minutes

And the train journey ( which i have done a few times ) from Buriram to Nakhon Ratchasima is only about 18 baht on the ordinary train. ( both great places! ) F.J

Time to start all over again after I removed an abusive post an then replies to it.

You do not get 90 days extensions of stay for working. You get a one year extension. You then make reports of staying in the country longer than 90 days.

You get a work permit in the province where you are working.

Normally you have to apply for an extension where you are living but I have seen reports of people having to get them in the province where they are working.

I know that many Immigration offices do accept such a TM 47 form for and from Aliens, even if they live somewhere else. But I also know that they've changed many things and have a computer readable code on the slips they send you.\

I know four guys who sent their TM 47 to Ubon ( Phiboon Mangs) Immigration, but had their visas from different provinces and they received their new date without any problems.

Might be great to find out, if the rules have changed..

Edited by lostinisaan

canarysun, on 19 Dec 2014 - 10:48, said:
Mandymarg, on 19 Dec 2014 - 10:36, said:

F.J

True to a point providing you follow the procedure.

When you get an extension based on retirement (not a Visa) you show proof of address and that is registered on the Immigration database.

Say for example your registered address was in Krabi, but for some reason you were staying in Khon Kaen.

You can't simply expect to walk into Immigration in Khon Kaen to do a 90 day report when your registered address is in Krabi.

You can either

A. Do your 90 day report by mail to Krabi, or

B. Fill out a TM28 change of address form with proof of your address in Khon Kaen, along with a TM47 90 day report form. (including required documents).

The Immigration office in Khon Kaen will change your address on the database, then file your 90 day report (under the new local address)

However when you return to Krabi, you'll have to go through that same procedure again at Krabi Immigration office in order to do your 90 day reports and extensions at their office.

90 day reports by mail are much simpler in that scenario.

Wrong

If you are on temporary stay away from home you can do your 90 day report at any immigration office.

The only requirement is that you have a local address to put on the TM47 form.

You are not reporting your address. You are reporting a stay of longer of than 90 days in the country.

You would be surprised how many people do it on a regular basis.

Mailing the report by mail to your home office is an option also but the return envelope would need your home address on it.

• Like 2

You can do your report in Krabi but you will need a local address to put on the TM47 form.

I think you have typo when your wrote "return to Krabi".

Might there be a risk of an immigration office noticing from the postmark that a report had been mailed from outside their catchment area and, hence, refusing to process it (despite the address stated on the TM47 being within their catchment area)?

The reason I ask is that some months ago my wife offered to mail in my 90-day report to Maptaput from Chonburi (where she was working at that time), but I insisted on it being sent from a post office in Rayong Province instead, fearful of this possibility arising.

Edited by OJAS

• 1 year later...

Is there any update on this topic? I usually do my 90 day report in Pattaya (which is also my registered address with immigration) but will be travelling extensively throughout Thailand for the next year and probably not returning to Pattaya much in that period. Be very convenient if I can visit the immigration office in whatever Province I'm in and they scan the barcode and print out a new form.

Many thanks

Is there any update on this topic? I usually do my 90 day report in Pattaya (which is also my registered address with immigration) but will be travelling extensively throughout Thailand for the next year and probably not returning to Pattaya much in that period. Be very convenient if I can visit the immigration office in whatever Province I'm in and they scan the barcode and print out a new form.

Many thanks

Early last year immigration issued a directive that 90 day reports could only be done at the office where you got your extension or to one where you formally changed you address to.

You can do your reports online or by mail. By mail you need to have your registered address on the return envelope.