Installation of security cameras to watch my warehouse/shop from my house

UdeBoCM

I have been trying to find info regarding a security system to monitor my warehouse from my house, some kms away, but I am not sure to understand what I have read.

My warehouse does not have an Internet connection (only my house does have one) and I do not want to add the cost of opening a connection. Will I absolutely need an Internet connection? If so, could it be done with a USB WiFi network adapter? does this mean I will have to keep a computer opened 24h?

I have read the "Home Security Cameras On Line" topic on this forum , but do not understand about setting an IP address or dns things.

I only understand WiFi camera connected to a DVR machine, but then...

Can someone help me understand how would I set up a system that could be monitored on the Internet without having to buy a new (3BB) Internet connection from where the cameras are installed. Thanks

Depending on how many kms from warehouse to house, there are some relatively cheap high power ethernet extender transmitter/receiver pairs that might do the job. They have been referenced in TV before.

The easy way would have a warehouse camera controller that would be assigned a private IP in your house network behind the house router.

If you needed outside access to the cameras, there are a few ways to do that too, port forwarding the camera controller to the public address. Be careful to use an authentication mechanism to avoid hacking.

Why do you want this ? and how good do the images have to be ?

is it to turn on when you leave the warehouse or are you planning on using it 24 / 7 ?

you can set up cameras that use a sim card and are motion detector activated ,

low tech way is to use an old android phone, look at alfred app which might work for you.....

You would pay similar price for a mobile internet to landline with lower performance and reliability on mobile. If the previous suggestions of line of sight wifi link dont work then just get a cheap adsl for 600+vat...solves security and gives you internet to check emails on site. Cost is negligable compared to the rest of the factory.