Hippie Farang couple with young kids soliciting in Nimman

blastface

Religion is creepy? Hippies do religion now? How do you know they were hippies? Which hippie tribe did they belong to? Were they wearing underwear? Were they speaking hippie talk?

They just lost their dog and were showing pictures of it to people in an effort to find it. They do not need to be absolved.

lol, they weren't looking for a lost dog. It wouldn't fit with all their plastic bags and children on the two-stroke they were driving. And yes religion is creepy.

Can anyone absolve them!? Ignore the lost dog theory. They were asked to 'please leave our family alone', they were being a nuisance but I want to know if I should harshly condemn them in my mind or not.

They still have hippies??? O.P. did you vote for Reagan?

lol, only in SE Asia. They arrive via very expensive plane ticket to 'live sustainably'. I don't think it's wise to comment on politics but let's just say I can empathize with Leonard Bernstein and Tom Wolfe both.

They weren't connected to the young lady in another thread 'trying to sell postcards made from her boyfriend's photographs'--were they?

As to Hippies still being around--the original ones, some of whom are still alive and kicking, are hanging out but you wouldn't recognize them as such--the new ones, who look like Hippies, seem to have credit cards and Bank Accounts, and probably a place in a University to return to, after the trip. Is their 'trip' any different from the earlier versions, for sure it is, is it any less important, don't reckon.

That story would make a lot of sense with what I observed. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Can anyone absolve them!? Ignore the lost dog theory. They were asked to 'please leave our family alone', they were being a nuisance but I want to know if I should harshly condemn them in my mind or not.

No, you need to wind your neck in and not care too much about what others are up to.

Why didn't you go over and see for yourself?

You could have become an instant TPV and arrested the filthy vermin if they were up to no good or maybe that's your plan for tomorrow should you find out they're up to no good?

How sad, I hope that family finds their dog.

How sad that some people see only the worst in a situation, too. "hippie couple" "asking for money" "up to something creepy" "absolve them" Whew, so much judgement in such a short post.

Couldn't he have simply asked the young family what it was they were showing to everyone to see in the binder?

True.

From the beetlejuice vault of truth and wisdom; the obvious is not always the fact.

• Like 1

As soon as I arrived at Arcade bus station a few days ago, a Thai woman walked up to me and, speaking English with a polished accent said, "Do you speak English?" When I said yes she said "Can you help me? I need 200 baht." I didn't mean to be insensitive but I couldn't help but laugh. I know so many Thai people struggling but they find a way to manage without begging at a bus station.

They weren't connected to the young lady in another thread 'trying to sell postcards made from her boyfriend's photographs'--were they?

As to Hippies still being around--the original ones, some of whom are still alive and kicking, are hanging out but you wouldn't recognize them as such--the new ones, who look like Hippies, seem to have credit cards and Bank Accounts, and probably a place in a University to return to, after the trip. Is their 'trip' any different from the earlier versions, for sure it is, is it any less important, don't reckon.

Reminds me of an area in British Columbia where a lot of them settled in the 60s. If you went on vacation they would live in your house while you were gone and when you came home you would find it neat and clean. Now two and three generations later they thrash it.

Had occasion to be in Frisco in 68 My sisters boy friend at the time worked in as bank in the Haight Ashbury district. He said many of them were in every month to cash checks in the $500 range.

How sad, I hope that family finds their dog.

How sad that some people see only the worst in a situation, too. "hippie couple" "asking for money" "up to something creepy" "absolve them" Whew, so much judgement in such a short post.

Couldn't he have simply asked the young family what it was they were showing to everyone to see in the binder?

True.

From the beetlejuice vault of truth and wisdom; the obvious is not always the fact.

Got to give you credit on this one Beetlejuice. If any thing you understated it.

blastface, on 20 Dec 2014 - 08:00, said:
Bill97, on 20 Dec 2014 - 01:06, said:
blastface, on 19 Dec 2014 - 08:32, said:

I want to know if I should harshly condemn them in my mind or not.

If it is not a troll, he needs serious help.

Please help him find the serious help he needs. I guess you're talking about the boyfriend who took the pictures?

Whoosh!!!

• Like 1

blastface, on 20 Dec 2014 - 08:00, said:
Bill97, on 20 Dec 2014 - 01:06, said:
blastface, on 19 Dec 2014 - 08:32, said:

I want to know if I should harshly condemn them in my mind or not.

If it is not a troll, he needs serious help.

Please help him find the serious help he needs. I guess you're talking about the boyfriend who took the pictures?

Whoosh!!!

Oh my god, seriously? That's about the most ironic thing you could post at this point^^^^^ [edited post to add 'smh']

Edited by blastface