Anyone had an unusual water bill this week in Banchang

sparkey

Just had the bin come with the electric bin

never happened before

amazing finally using some comon sense

anyway water was only 100 BT less than the electric 1975 BT

Our usual bin is 3-450 BT . Doubles if the family stays.

Seems a bit of an increase for 2 adults and a nine yo.

Particularly as not so hot so showering less and watering the garden once or twice a week rather than twice a day

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I'm thinking that as we've just checked previous bins and it was 10 BT a metre now we're on the 19bt tariff . Over 10 m so we've turned of everything water related for few a hours and going to check meter

I've been banned from the shower

LOL

If you have a water pump and it runs when everything is turned off then a good chance you have a leak somewhere.even a small drip will activate the pump.I have had this problem in the past and to locate the leak I turned off everything individually,ie bum guns,toilet cisterns etc.worse case scenario it is underground where you cannot see,you can still find it by isolating the main water supply to the house.also listen to hear if your water tank is filling plus the water meter is running.hope this is helpful.

• Like 1

The last month or so they have been replacing the entire mains in Ban Chang, a lot of disruptions. However, we are now hooked up and the new pressure is very much higher than before!

So two possibilities, error from disruption or, the new high pressure mains has burst a pipe somewhere.

Good luck.

Found out what it was

The cistern in the outside toilet was broken . Constantly filling and emptying into the bowl, draining away and so on . Don't know for how long as we have a fountain in the pond so you hear running water constantly

Still I did learn that the more water you use the higher the price per metre it is

Need to get a plumber now

Found out what it was

The cistern in the outside toilet was broken . Constantly filling and emptying into the bowl, draining away and so on . Don't know for how long as we have a fountain in the pond so you hear running water constantly

Still I did learn that the more water you use the higher the price per metre it is

Open the tank, pull the lever up. Flush, see why the lever isn't coming up fully. Usually can be fixed with a little elbow grease.

Found out what it was

First turn off the tap at the wall outlet. Usually the cistern is filled with gunk and this stops the sealing element from seating fully. A quick clean out usually fixes this.

The main water pipes in Banchang have been changed / replaced X-amount of times recently, from the ridiculously under-spec blue PVC piping material eventually to the heavy wall piping. With all the new construction going on, they are constantly tapping into it again and again for the supply to new houses / condos, though.

A storage tank w/ pump has been an absolute must here for as long as i can remember.