Senior Bangkok metropolitan police officers facing charges on street LED ads

webfact

All this faux outrage from farangs.

And anybody who thinks this is all about cleaning house at RTP Central is simply naive. There is another agenda entirely at work here.

If your alleged conspiracy results in the sacking of corrupt senior police, indicating to the lower ranks that there are repercussions, then it can't be all bad. So what's the downside?

The stench of corruption in this country stinks from top to bottom, no wonder Thai people want to be police officers, if you can call them that, I think they are just a government gang, no different to many other gangs

That was the conclusion of the Hong Kong Triads 20 years ago. They could not compete with a rival gang that had full protection of the law.

Edited by yellowboat

These particular police officers are on the wrong side. Read between the lines.

"He also denied accusations that the investigation was to replace offenders with his own people."

You could have a point as it's claimed some of these signs have been in place for 2 years yet it's only now any action is being taken !

Like other investigations within the BIB at this time nothing is quite what it seems.

Like everything in Thailand, nothing is quite what it seems.

I seem to recall that his matter was raised about a year and a half back, however it then vanished into that backwater of Do nothing creek.

Now perhaps due to the removal of a number of senior officers from the police farce force and perhaps due to a change of government administration, at last action is going to be taken regarding the actives of the police farce force personal charities scheme.

Meanwhile, some lady MP or other is engaged in the most egregious case of sign pollution ever....on the access way to Swampy.... 100-meter billboards end to end.

Oh, that's okay.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

All this faux outrage from farangs.

And anybody who thinks this is all about cleaning house at RTP Central is simply naive. There is another agenda entirely at work here.

Wow another conspiracy,,, can you give us a hint, pllleeeeaaaasssssssee.

Sweeping out the old to bring in the new, but on a more extensive scale than just the RTP.

Does that help? If not then I can go no further you'll have to look elsewhere - Dubai, for example.

I'm afraid any police officer born in the North of Thailand and is on the red side of life and officers who paid into their jobs via the now locked up General ''or both'' are doomed. Avashit had some time as prime minister and knows exactly who made life difficult for him. I am sure our new PM has been briefed.

"This crime is also chargeable under the Anti Corruption Act’s Article 123 where civil servants are prohibited from reaping inappropriate rewards/benefits for personal gain...."

Begs the question, are there "appropriate rewards/benefits for personal gain" that civil servants are allowed? whistling.gif

Police will investigate police, money will be exchanged, nothing will happen.

(I have to hold myself back not to break the glass screen of my phone by tapping too hard caused by my anger and frustration about all this police shit!!!)

You should read the Thai news sometime. Then you'd know that several very high officials in the Thai police have been busted and charged with major corruption offenses. In fact, one former police general confessed to all and then killed himself.

But that being said, why do I somehow think you already knew this? Can't help it, or what?

I was half pie nearly ready with a clap2.gif then I read...

The commissioner added that the investigation was launched as far back as two months ago and that the objective of this current initiative was not to target or move any officers in particular.

He also denied accusations that the investigation was to replace offenders with his own people.

So instead it gets a cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

I was half pie nearly ready with a clap2.gif then I read...

The commissioner added that the investigation was launched as far back as two months ago and that the objective of this current initiative was not to target or move any officers in particular.

He also denied accusations that the investigation was to replace offenders with his own people.

So instead it gets a cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

Yes agree, that read's like a schizo investigation, how pathetic, admitting something need's to be done and then saying they will do nothing, totally schizophrenic...

As if BMA and the other folks didn't know about these signs, they are in bed together. There is a dividsion where government folks regularly checks if signs in bangkok have taxes paid, it would be hard to miss the 40+ screens across bangkok as some are pretty big.

Highly doubt this will fix or clean the RTP... However as the Tea Money for these enterprises temporary or long term dry out, money needs to come from somewhere to pay up the chain / loans / lifestyle... Expect other methods of sideline income to increase to compensate for lost revenue in the Mafia... ie, squeezing scams tongue.png

Edited by ThailandRick