Over 80 percent of Thais age 25-34 have smart phones

webfact

soon we will all watch movies with our phone. or see and talk to friends in a different ways.

Samsung has recently launched a new model called gear vr (virtual reality) but you need a note 4 to make it works. . Apple is working on their system.

theses phones will soon become smarter than smart.

Don't people these days meet for coffee, sit at the same table then spend thier time with thier heads down communicating online without even seeing each other on the other side of the table or an actual word spoken. Great to catch up its been awhile and we have to do it again next week, same cafe see you then.
  • Like 2

I only have a phone that makes phone calls, can a smart phone do that?

If you have a smart phone, and download LINE free calls ap

local and international are free. Send photos and text any time any place--as long as your friend has also downloaded. ON Wi Fi. Does your PHONE give you free calls. if it doesn't then it's not smart LOL.

That's true Ginjag but there is another side to this, without being argumentative.

I have a fixed landline and can dial my daughter in the UK for 1 baht a minute. Now, I have no idea what a top of the range smartphone costs but using a ball park figure of 8000 baht I have done some sums. Firstly deduct my line rental of 1000 for a year, that leaves 7000. This equates to 116 hours of 1 baht/min phone calls - or nearly 5 days.

I guess it's an age thing but I find it much more civilised to sit in an armchair with a real phone when having a social conversation, rather than walking around in circles kicking the ground and bumping into things, as I see many people doing.

I guess I can make emergency calls on my cheap mobile if I'm not at home. As for taking pictures, I have a camera which can plug into the computer and send pics.

I suppose the technological life of apps and gizmo's is passing me by !!

There are these phones now for 3500, mine is a Samsung Galaxy core 2. 6,500. I have true on line package 650 per month unlimited. I use d.tac away from home (seldom) but it picks up the wi fi from the true on line within the home --so I can make UK calls from Udon free--send Pics-text talk for 10 hours if I wish ... many Thais now are using LINE ap. in some shops they have wi fi in other places free wi fi. cheaper than top ups at 400 baht a month.

I only have a phone that makes phone calls, can a smart phone do that?

If you have a smart phone, and download LINE free calls ap

local and international are free. Send photos and text any time any place--as long as your friend has also downloaded. ON Wi Fi. Does your PHONE give you free calls. if it doesn't then it's not smart LOL.

That's true Ginjag but there is another side to this, without being argumentative.

I have a fixed landline and can dial my daughter in the UK for 1 baht a minute. Now, I have no idea what a top of the range smartphone costs but using a ball park figure of 8000 baht I have done some sums. Firstly deduct my line rental of 1000 for a year, that leaves 7000. This equates to 116 hours of 1 baht/min phone calls - or nearly 5 days.

I guess it's an age thing but I find it much more civilised to sit in an armchair with a real phone when having a social conversation, rather than walking around in circles kicking the ground and bumping into things, as I see many people doing.

I guess I can make emergency calls on my cheap mobile if I'm not at home. As for taking pictures, I have a camera which can plug into the computer and send pics.

I suppose the technological life of apps and gizmo's is passing me by !!

Skype and FaceTime?