BahtSmart - New Online Money Transfer to Thailand.

wonder621.. not sure where you saw same day next day service.. we are 1-2 working days for settlement at the moment. having said that we do endeavor and have been processing the vast majority of payments same day/next business day for last few weeks.Today we did have a problem with our Australian banking partner and will be crediting all funds asap tmr. We have locked in the rate for you so any exchange rate movement becomes our loss.apologies if this is not what you expected and caused any inconvenience. .

Thanks for the reply Dwight. I was referring to a post that was on your facebook page where I asked several question in relation to quicker service you have now secured. My understanding was that once the funds were received into your account that it would appear in mine no later than 6pm the same day.

That is how the post read and that is what I centered on in my questions. I was satisfied by the response so I conducted the transfer in good faith.

So from 11.30 this morning, when I was messaged the funds have been received I suitably expected the transfer to be completed by 6pm tonight, which they weren't.

Now that you have offered up a reason why, I accept that I just happen to make my transfer during the problem you have outlined.

As for the FB post that is no longer there, it appears there is more than one problem today.

This is not my first transaction with Bahtsmart and the reason that I have not used your service recently has been the timeframe in receiving my monies into my Thai Bank Account, compared to a Swift Transfer. Your FB post enticed me to do business again, hence my knowledge of such post.

Having said this I appreciate your reply.

Dwight - too bad you have tapped into the greatest pool of expat whingers in LOS

Who have not enough fiscal knowledge to distinguish between gross and nett.

Barry L.

I am not whinging, just highlighting an issue that was unavoidable after an explanation was provided.

Your comments demonstrate your ignorance by making the assumption that I am an expat whinger in LOS and I have no idea about finance!

You don't know me nor my circumstances, therefore I would will not make assumptions about you acting like a bigot.

Dwight - too bad you have tapped into the greatest pool of expat whingers in LOS

Who have not enough fiscal knowledge to distinguish between gross and nett.

Barry L.

I am not whinging, just highlighting an issue that was unavoidable after an explanation was provided.

Your comments demonstrate your ignorance by making the assumption that I am an expat whinger in LOS and I have no idea about finance!

You don't know me nor my circumstances, therefore I would will not make assumptions about you acting like a bigot.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

I like that one Jessi good one.. not heard of scam busters before..Our web servers are actually based in Singapore and we do kinda want to protect them for hopefully obvious reasons.

On a more positive note.. if anybody is attending the Austcham Grand Final event in the Amari Hotel in Bangkok today I'll be there... I'll be in the hill area and happy to meet you and have a beer together!

Can'y stay I support either west coast or Hawthorn.. but be good to see west coast get up this year..

Cheers.

• 1 month later...

Hi All,

It has been some time since I posted on the channel, but just wanted to let you know about some new product developments on Bahtsmart:

1. Fixed rate THB up to AUD5,000 - AUDTHB rate will be fixed for all transfers up to AUD5,000 at time you enter the transfer in our bahtsmart platform. Again No Fee, No charge... and payments are made within 1-2 business days.

2. Amounts above AUD5,000 - we are constantly improving the rates.. again No Fee and Charge and rates are fixed at time we transfer to your beneficiary in Thailand. remember the more you send the better the rate and payments are made within 1-2 business days.

2. Pay a Bill - you can pay a Thailand Bill on www.bahtsmart.com... pay your electricity bill, credit card bill, etc... all through bahtsmart.com.. from as little as AUD20.. again no Fee and Charge and payments are made within 1-2 business days.

3.AUDSMART - we have also launched a payments platform from Australia to 35 countries including Thailand. It will take 5 to 7 days to reach the beneficiary but rates are extremely good. i.e 10,000 AUDTHB rate on audsmart is 25.122 a few minutes ago... rates are locked in at time of transfer... Only downside is payments are made via swift so Thai bank may deduct local swift fees... our customers like this product to make one off large purchases in Thailand.

Happy to answer any questions or try us out at www.bahtsmart.com or www.audsmart.com.

Regards

Dwight

The rate at Super Rich at the minute is 25.5. For 10,0000 AUD you would receive 255,000 baht. With this transfer method you would get 251,220 baht, or 3,780 less and then you would have to pay local fees on top.

I'm not criticising - I know you are a business and you must make a profit. Personally though, I do like cash.

The rate at Super Rich at the minute is 25.5. For 10,0000 AUD you would receive 255,000 baht. With this transfer method you would get 251,220 baht, or 3,780 less and then you would have to pay local fees on top.

I'm not criticising - I know you are a business and you must make a profit. Personally though, I do like cash.

Hi

Known and agreed on the pricing for Superich and great if you happen to be travelling to Thailand and are okay carrying that much cash. Pls don't forget to report it to customs on the way out and way in.. ...

however with Bahtsmart we are offering convenience as well, you don't need to leave the comfort of your sofa in Oz... We do all the hard work for you... without the risk of carrying so much cash through Bangkok, nor having to buy a an airfare to go to Thailand... ... over time as our business grows we have improved our pricing and will continue to do so.. a better benchmark to compare us against the other electronic providers. like Oz banks, Western Union, etc...

Cheers

Dwight

No idea what AUS customs requires regarding cash, but in Thailand you have to report bringing in over 20,000 USD or the equivalent (28,000 AUD which is about 700,000 baht at current exchange rates).

Hi

Just double checked and its AUD 10,000 or over that needs to be declared, whether you are entering or leaving...

http://www.austrac.gov.au/travellers/travelling-or-out-australia/reporting-physical-currency#how_much

Thailand your right its USD20,000 or more...

http://www.customs.go.th/wps/wcm/connect/custen/travellers/arriving+in+thailand/arrivinginthailand

Cheers

• Like 1

At the time of writing this on a $5,000 exchange Bhatsmart is = 125,023.36B

Ozforex for $5,000 = 126,080.50B

Big difference even by payin Ozforex the $ 15. transfer or 375B

1,057.14B difference

At the time of writing this on a $5,000 exchange Bhatsmart is = 125,023.36B

Ozforex for $5,000 = 126,080.50B

Big difference even by payin Ozforex the $ 15. transfer or 375B

1,057.14B difference

Jessi, Again I have to correct the information you write ion the platform. They are two different products. Ozforex takes 5 to 7 days to Thailand. Bahtsmart is 1-2 days max. A better comparison for bahtsmart is western union or an Aussie bank... and we are significantly better value than those two methods as has been discussed here many times.

Thanks to all my genuine customers our there for their support... Our first year anniversary is coming up and we are extremely grateful to all our customers for their support...

Regards

Dwight

Evilbaz, yes mate, I have used BahtSmart many times. Ini ally it was one day but now its two days and that is no issue.

Its easy to compare different quotes at different times like Jessi does but really as you say Evilbaz the others are too slow or full of fees for pensioners.

I like BahtSmart but of course weight up each time what I need.

Good on you BahtSmart and congratulations on your successful first year of business

Regards

• Like 1

Inflammatory posts and replies have been removed. If there is a complaint about the service offered, use the complaint service provided by the money transfer service.

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.
Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.

25) No public discussion is allowed with regard to advertisements or sponsors, or methods of blocking advertisements.

• 2 months later...

I'm quite surprised there has not been much traffic through this thread over the past few months?

In the past I was one of the MAJOR detractors having experimenting with AUD $1000's and expressing some misgivings.

Well, in recent times and with the introduction of the guaranteed X/Rate being deposited I find the service has a REAL comfort zone and NOW works perfectly.

Don't know what the problem was in Dec where it crashed (Problems with ANZ) BUT sincerely hope it does not happen again!

Edited by bdenner
  • Like 1

Thanks for the positive feedback.. we have been quietly working away in the background to improve our processing and answer customer feedback. i.e provide fixed rate transfers for AUD 100 to 5,000 with no fee or charge. We are generally same day or next business day transfers to all the major Thai banks as well.

ANZ was a real headache. They accidentally shutdown our bank accounts for two days before Christmas. Apologies to any customers impacted by the delay. We are currently working with ANZ to ensure it doesn't happen again. I have asked ANZ for an apology, but don't think it will be forthcoming.

A couple of other quick updates that maybe of interest:

- we have opened a second office in Cambodia. We can process USD and KHR from Australia to Cambodia. Same no fee no charge, fixed rate transfer. see www.audsmart.com for more details. Anybody registered on www.bahtsmart.com can transfer to cambodia today using www.audsmart.com.

- we are opening in Hong Kong next month. If you have any Thai or expat friends in Hong Kong please let them know from next month they will be able to transfer from Hong Kong to Thailand and the world through www.hkdsmart.com.. You can pre go launch register today... or for more information check out https://www.facebook.com/hkdsmart

Regards

Dwight

-

• Like 1

Are you ever going to open up a service from NZ dollars to Thailand, etc. ?

No plans with NZ yet, but I have been asked by a few Kiwi's over the last year when we are opening there. Let me review what it takes.. but I fear like most developed countries the difficulty/impediment will be getting a bank account. Feel free to send me an email if you haven't heard back from me in a couple of months. [email protected]

No plans with NZ yet, but I have been asked by a few Kiwi's over the last year when we are opening there. Let me review what it takes.. but I fear like most developed countries the difficulty/impediment will be getting a bank account. Feel free to send me an email if you haven't heard back from me in a couple of months. [email protected]

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 1:06 PM, james5121 said:

Seems to me you want your cake and to eat it at the same time. If you do not allow negative comments whay allow positive. Gives a one way view of things.

this is WHY members are fed up with some negative reply's on thai visa forum.

this REPLY is to a post made,january 2016.

come on mods.get your act together.