People behind rice scheme will be sued to cover losses, Prayut says

Lite Beer

God Mikemac, I took you for a smarter one. Read through my posts. Where did I defend her and stop deflecting. The current administration is as corrupt if not worse than the previous one. I hate to think any westerner that have enjoyed the freedom and privilegies of democracy would support autocracy.

What evidence is there that the current administration is worse than the previous one?

http://www.economist.com/blogs/banyan/2014/10/thailands-economy

You can cheer your self-empowered administration all you want. Fact is that sooner or later the dominos will fall.

Still whybother, I can answer yours if you and your lot stop dancing around and answer my question.

What has the current administration done that tops the previous ones. And I'm not only talking about PTP. So let's have it...

God Mikemac, I took you for a smarter one. Read through my posts. Where did I defend her and stop deflecting. The current administration is as corrupt if not worse than the previous one. I hate to think any westerner that have enjoyed the freedom and privilegies of democracy would support autocracy.

What evidence is there that the current administration is worse than the previous one?

You can cheer your self-empowered administration all you want. Fact is that sooner or later the dominos will fall.

Still whybother, I can answer yours if you and your lot stop dancing around and answer my question.

What has the current administration done that tops the previous ones. And I'm not only talking about PTP. So let's have it...

That's a pretty pathetic cop out.

I'm not going to answer that question because I have never suggested anything of the sort, one way or the other.

You've stated that the current government is more corrupt. A link talking about a scrappy economy is not evidence of corruption.

If you're going to make a statement like that, how about backing it up with something.

• Like 1

If this happens in the next five years, it will be the dawn of a new era in Thailand. That insiders and backhanders and crooked politicians will be held financially responsible for the losses they cost/caused is a pipe dream. I think the good PM is starting to believe his on rhetoric. I continue hope for the best and expect the worse and am rarely disappointed.

Good grief, even blind people have better perception of how Thai politics works than the junta goon squad. One of the reasons I've avoided you is that you are not exactly color blind and leans too much towards the yellow. But now I'm really curious about what makes you think that the former general can succeed where others have failed. Especially since he has no degree in political or analytical science nor any other form of necessary education needed to run a company less a country.

But now I'm really curious about what makes you think that the former general can succeed where others have failed.

Please highlight the parts of my post that lead you to believe: you think that the former general can succeed where others have failed.

The first sentence of my post began with the word, "If".

The second sentence of my post ended in, "is a pipe dream".

The third sentence of my post was: "I think the PM is starting to believe his own rhetoric".

The fourth sentence contained the phrase, "expect the worse and am rarely disappointed".

I fail to see how you can translate my post into a vote of confidence for the Junta.

• Like 1

That's a pretty pathetic cop out.

I'm not going to answer that question because I have never suggested anything of the sort, one way or the other.

You've stated that the current government is more corrupt. A link talking about a scrappy economy is not evidence of corruption.

If you're going to make a statement like that, how about backing it up with something.

You had only the rice scheme and a few clumsy statements from the former PM and that's a better reason? Poor debating skills on your part.

You had only the rice scheme and a few clumsy statements from the former PM and that's a better reason? Poor debating skills on your part.

This isn't a debate. I'm asking you a simple question: to provide evidence to back up your statement.

You don't seem to be able to. All you can do is deflect.

If this happens in the next five years, it will be the dawn of a new era in Thailand. That insiders and backhanders and crooked politicians will be held financially responsible for the losses they cost/caused is a pipe dream. I think the good PM is starting to believe his on rhetoric. I continue hope for the best and expect the worse and am rarely disappointed.

Good grief, even blind people have better perception of how Thai politics works than the junta goon squad. One of the reasons I've avoided you is that you are not exactly color blind and leans too much towards the yellow. But now I'm really curious about what makes you think that the former general can succeed where others have failed. Especially since he has no degree in political or analytical science nor any other form of necessary education needed to run a company less a country.

But now I'm really curious about what makes you think that the former general can succeed where others have failed.

Please highlight the parts of my post that lead you to believe: you think that the former general can succeed where others have failed.

The third sentence of my post was: "I think the PM is starting to believe his own rhetoric".

The fourth sentence contained the phrase, "expect the worse and am rarely disappointed".

I fail to see how you can translate my post into a vote of confidence for the Junta.

That you were not pleased with the acting PM's current statement doesn't disproof that you don't support the current administration. You have shown your true colors before, stating that the acting PM is less corrupt than the previous administrations and your crazy anti-red hatred.

Now I don't judge someone that doesn't like the reds because that's your opinion but for someone to disagree with you and be called "red suck ups" or "red sympathizers" lile you have done in previous threads, begs the question whether you are a serious debatter or belong to the brainwashed bunch, because then it starts to look as if you act accordingly to the current "facilitator's" M.O.

That you were not pleased with the acting PM's current statement doesn't disproof that you don't support the current administration. You have shown your true colors before, stating that the acting PM is less corrupt than the previous administrations and your crazy anti-red hatred.

Now I don't judge someone that doesn't like the reds because that's your opinion but for someone to disagree with you and be called "red suck ups" or "red sympathizers" lile you have done in previous threads, begs the question whether you are a serious debatter or belong to the brainwashed bunch, because then it starts to look as if you act accordingly to the current "facilitator's" M.O.

So, you were responding to me and not my post. It's really hard to defend one'self against hard feelings. It's gotten so a fellow can't partially agree with the other side without being suspect. Oh, well, not my problem.

To criminalise this type of thing is absolutely ridiculous.

By definition, everything the govt does ISNA loss. Why is Somchai sitting behind a desk deemed a worthy thing to spend money on but farmers not. What about hospitals or fire stations. All loss making.

The rice scheme was a massive vote buying plan which worked spectacularly with the public face of the scheme being that it was to aid the backbone of the country, the rice farmers. IMO the schemes was actually devised to make huge profits for the creators of the scheme, nothing more nothing less. The fact that some farmers benefitted from it was a sideshow to the real event. I am sure much of the gains made by the farmers were offset by having to pay higher costs for fertilizer, labour, machinery hire, increased debt to loan sharks while waiting for payments.

• Like 2

To criminalise this type of thing is absolutely ridiculous.

By definition, everything the govt does ISNA loss. Why is Somchai sitting behind a desk deemed a worthy thing to spend money on but farmers not. What about hospitals or fire stations. All loss making.

The rice scheme was a massive vote buying plan which worked spectacularly with the public face of the scheme being that it was to aid the backbone of the country, the rice farmers. IMO the schemes was actually devised to make huge profits for the creators of the scheme, nothing more nothing less. The fact that some farmers benefitted from it was a sideshow to the real event. I am sure much of the gains made by the farmers were offset by having to pay higher costs for fertilizer, labour, machinery hire, increased debt to loan sharks while waiting for payments.

And?

What is the difference between this and cutting taxes or moving minimum wages or any other common policy used by govt all over the world to win votes....

I fail to see the illigality in a subsidy.

This isn't a debate. I'm asking you a simple question: to provide evidence to back up your statement.

Sure as soon as you put up yours that the previous government was the worst administration to date.

So, you were responding to me and not my post. It's really hard to defend one'self against hard feelings. It's gotten so a fellow can't partially agree with the other side without being suspect. Oh, well, not my problem.

Hard feelings...? Don't know you well enough, don't care enough to wanna know. Just show my dislike for hypocrits and bigots.:)

Edited by maxme

Sure as soon as you put up yours that the previous government was the worst administration to date.

I never said that the previous government was the worst administration to date.

You've stated that the current government is more corrupt than the previous one. Where is your evidence?

Could you please explain to me therefore exactly what qualifications Yingluck had to run a country.

If you think that she ran a big company you must be joking. It was her brothers company and nepotism was rife.

For instance Motorola phones could only be bought through another Thaksin owned company run by another sister.

Thaksin does not and never did believe in competition.

Mundane debate with people stuck in a geopolitical limbo, reciting friends' and spouses' dogmatic mantras.

Re-read the posts and then come back to me when you grasp it.

Edited by maxme

Could you please explain to me therefore exactly what qualifications Yingluck had to run a country.

If you think that she ran a big company you must be joking. It was her brothers company and nepotism was rife.

For instance Motorola phones could only be bought through another Thaksin owned company run by another sister.

Thaksin does not and never did believe in competition.

Mundane debate with people stuck in a geopolitical limbo, reciting friends' and spouses' dogmatic mantras.

Re-read the posts and then come back to me when you grasp it.

Ah, the self appointed intellectual. No one can comment on your posts as there just oh so clever, Yeah right, whatever, if it makes you happy.

Your initial response was good, apart from where you feel obliged to label him a yellow leaner to legitimize your comments in your mind.

The fact is Thaksin was a policeman who made billions via establishing monopolies that took full advantage of their being no allowed competition, changing laws to suit himself, ignoring laws he considered inappropriate, putting family, friends and cronies into key roles, regardless of skill, knowledge or suitability etc and even lending taxpayers money at low interest to another country so they could buy products from his family businesses. The massacres in the south, war on drugs and disappearance of activists and political opponents are grey areas that have never been fully probed. All this from a guy with a PhD in law. His sister was simply a sibling and as such a cog in the family clan mechanism. A Master's graduate from a USA university but sadly must've forgotten all her English language skills. No real work experience accept for Big Brother where everyone would always do whatever she said. Great credentials for running the country, although they have grown the family wealth 450% during her time in office.

A career senior military officer - can only run the country as he would the army. If any sense he will gather an expert team based on skill, knowledge and experience, not family name, connections or nepotism and cronyism. Things are still somewhat up in the air, with reforms, committees, martial law, reform of the RTP etc etc. We shall see after that.

How many successful leaders, presidents, prime ministers, chief ministers, chancellors or whatever title, have had degrees in political sciences, economics etc? What other education do you consider necessary?

Look at business as a similie - were all the leaders of the current most successful companies in possession of MBA's, business degrees, doctorates etc?

The reality is only history will judge based on performance and result.

A long and seemingly pointless run around post to avoid answering the question. And you do not to lecture me about Thaksin as this topic has been stretched out to the breaking point. Instead answer this simple question. What has this administration done to deserve a medal compared to the previous administrations? Is it that hard to understand?

A lot of yellow sympathizers are disappointed with the current regime so it's OK for you to come clean as well. It is not what you expected, but if it is, pray tell, what that is.

Edited by maxme

Ah, the self appointed intellectual. No one can comment on your posts as there just oh so clever, Yeah right, whatever, if it makes you happy.

Your initial response was good, apart from where you feel obliged to label him a yellow leaner to legitimize your comments in your mind.

The fact is Thaksin was a policeman who made billions via establishing monopolies that took full advantage of their being no allowed competition, changing laws to suit himself, ignoring laws he considered inappropriate, putting family, friends and cronies into key roles, regardless of skill, knowledge or suitability etc and even lending taxpayers money at low interest to another country so they could buy products from his family businesses. The massacres in the south, war on drugs and disappearance of activists and political opponents are grey areas that have never been fully probed. All this from a guy with a PhD in law. His sister was simply a sibling and as such a cog in the family clan mechanism. A Master's graduate from a USA university but sadly must've forgotten all her English language skills. No real work experience accept for Big Brother where everyone would always do whatever she said. Great credentials for running the country, although they have grown the family wealth 450% during her time in office.

A career senior military officer - can only run the country as he would the army. If any sense he will gather an expert team based on skill, knowledge and experience, not family name, connections or nepotism and cronyism. Things are still somewhat up in the air, with reforms, committees, martial law, reform of the RTP etc etc. We shall see after that.

How many successful leaders, presidents, prime ministers, chief ministers, chancellors or whatever title, have had degrees in political sciences, economics etc? What other education do you consider necessary?

Look at business as a similie - were all the leaders of the current most successful companies in possession of MBA's, business degrees, doctorates etc?

A long and seemingly pointless run around post to avoid answering the question. And you do not to lecture me about Thaksin as this topic has been stretched out to the breaking point. Instead answer this simple question. What has this administration done to deserve a medal compared to the previous administrations? Is it that hard to understand?

A lot of yellow sympathizers are disappointed with the current regime so it's OK for you to come clean as well. It is not what you expected, but if it is, pray tell, what that is.

"Instead answer this simple question. What has this administration done to deserve a medal compared to the previous administrations?"

1. Paid the farmers

2. Stopped the RPPS

3. Made the 'Hunger Games' popular

"A long and seemingly pointless run around post to avoid answering the question. "

You should know about that. You still haven't answered my question.

• Like 2

But now I'm really curious about what makes you think that the former general can succeed where others have failed. Especially since he has no degree in political or analytical science nor any other form of necessary education needed to run a company less a country.

By your standards, Barak Obama should not have gotten two term as POTUS because his education was constitutional law (good for becoming a judge) and he had zero business experience. On the other hand, Gen. Prayuth headed an organization (RTA) larger than any Thai company and one doesn't get to the top of such a large organization without having many talents. He has more executive experience than any other civilian PM excepting, possibly, Dr. Thaksin. The PM has shown and is showing that he is a man of action. He has wrung out some of the mafia that was exploiting the most vulnerable Thais. He had the head policeman arrested for exploiting vendors at Patpong, another head policeman arrested for exploiting vendors at Hualumpong, cracked down on the taxi mafia, the motorcycle taxi mafia, beach mafia, the airport mafia, replacing politically appointed leadership in the Royal Thai Police, replacing politically appointed board members on government/private enterprises, ongoing and productive crackdown on national forest (owned by all Thais) encroachment, arrest of the hideously corrupt head of CIB and his gang, moving forward with Thailand getting its first international double-tracked freight system (even if it's from China, it's better that what is here now), made peace with all the 'democratic' nations and even received expressions of 'understanding of his situation' from many. And, for the things he hasn't done, he hasn't; persecuted any of the Thaksin backed UDD leadership, businesses that were supportive of the PTP regime, any former PTP politicians, or anyone else. He has not caused any undue discord. I could go on but you see, now, why he is so popular in national polls (even in the NE). I notice all your post never respond directly points being made by the posters that you respond to, but you seem to assign motive to them and then attack them for the motive you put on them. I wish you would respond with real debate (and stay focused on the post you are responding to) instead of ad hominem attacks.

Edited by rametindallas
  • Like 1

But now I'm really curious about what makes you think that the former general can succeed where others have failed. Especially since he has no degree in political or analytical science nor any other form of necessary education needed to run a company less a country.

By your standards, Barak Obama should not have gotten two term as POTUS because his education was constitutional law (good for becoming a judge) and he had zero business experience. On the other hand, Gen. Prayuth headed an organization (RTA) larger than any Thai company and one doesn't get to the top of such a large organization without having many talents. He has more executive experience than any other civilian PM excepting, possibly, Dr. Thaksin. The PM has shown and is showing that he is a man of action. He has wrung out some of the mafia that was exploiting the most vulnerable Thais. He had the head policeman arrested for exploiting vendors at Patpong, another head policeman arrested for exploiting vendors at Hualumpong, cracked down on the taxi mafia, the motorcycle taxi mafia, beach mafia, the airport mafia, replacing politically appointed leadership in the Royal Thai Police, replacing politically appointed board members on government/private enterprises, ongoing and productive crackdown on national forest (owned by all Thais) encroachment, arrest of the hideously corrupt head of CIB and his gang, moving forward with Thailand getting its first international double-tracked freight system (even if it's from China, it's better that what is here now), made peace with all the 'democratic' nations and even received expressions of 'understanding of his situation' from many. And, for the things he hasn't done, he hasn't; persecuted any of the Thaksin backed UDD leadership, businesses that were supportive of the PTP regime, any former PTP politicians, or anyone else. He has not caused any undue discord. I could go on but you see, now, why he is so popular in national polls (even in the NE). I notice all your post never respond directly points being made by the posters that you respond to, but you seem to assign motive to them and then attack them for the motive you put on them. I wish you would respond with real debate (and stay focused on the post you are responding to) instead of ad hominem attacks.

Please edit your post as it's a holy mess to read.

That being said, you just re-posted what was promised by Prayut, in the newspapers. Nothing that had been taken seriously by the public or the administration itself.

So with his skillful talents as head of state his greatest achievement was pissing off a few taxi drivers? Because as far as I've seen this hasn't really been put into effect.

How about corruption in the military, has that been dealt with? This former general couldn't and can't protect the people in the south, couldn't even protect the capital even from being hi-jacked by the reds or the yellow (and obviously didn't care when the PAD took the airport or when they shut down the city).

Seriously of what use is the military if it's not skimming state funds.

Could it be his eloquent public speaking skills you are referring to perhaps? Or his excellent diplomatic skills?

Yingluck was incompetent but at least she didn't lie of promised being made by the heads of foreign states.

Heck, at this point even Abhisit would have been a better choice despite his dubious connections.

Speaking of attacking posters, you shouldn't try to claim moral high ground as you have deflected criticism on several threads by labeling posters as "Yingluck and Thaksin suck-ups and red sympathizers."

Not exactly in a position to judge other posters because as I've mentioned earlier, this makes you lool even more as a hypocrite.

Edited by maxme

That being said, you just re-posted what was promised by Prayut, in the newspapers. Nothing that had been taken seriously by the public or the administration itself.

So with his skillful talents as head of state his greatest achievement was pissing off a few taxi drivers? Because as far as I've seen this hasn't really been put into effect.

How about corruption in the military, has that been dealt with? This former general couldn't and can't protect the people in the south, couldn't even protect the capital even from being hi-jacked by the reds or the yellow (and obviously didn't care when the PAD took the airport or when they shut down the city).

Could it be his eloquent public speaking skills you are referring to perhaps? Or his excellent diplomatic skills?

Yingluck was incompetent but at least she didn't lie of promised being made by the heads of foreign states.

Heck, at this point even Abhisit would have been a better choice despite his dubious connections.

Speaking of attacking posters, you shouldn't try to claim moral high ground as you have deflected criticism on several threads by labeling posters as "Yingluck and Thaksin suck-ups and red sympathizers."

Not exactly in a position to judge other posters because as I've mentioned earlier, this makes you lool even more as a hypocrite.

I hope you don't consider any of your post as some sort of coherent debate.

• Like 1

I hope you don't consider any of your post as some sort of coherent debate.

More coherent than the indoctrinated drivel coming from you my friend.

"Instead answer this simple question. What has this administration done to deserve a medal compared to the previous administrations?"

1. Paid the farmers

2. Stopped the RPPS

3. Made the 'Hunger Games' popular

Did they now... Hmm, made the Hunger Games popular, actually you're right about that one...

I concede.

Edited by maxme

"A long and seemingly pointless run around post to avoid answering the question. "

Why on earth would I when you responded to my question with a new question. Nice spinning.

Why on earth would I when you responded to my question with a new question. Nice spinning.

What new question?

I have asked the same question all along.

You said "The current government is more corrupt than the previous one".

I have continued to ask the same question. Where is the evidence to back up that statement?