Transfer of ownership across provinces - advice needed

BaldPlumber

Hi

I am investigating the possibility of buying a bike registered in Phuket and transferring the ownership to Chonburi.

Due to the distances involved, it is important that I know and follow the right procedures and have the correct documents to ensure a smooth transition.

Could someone please advise me of the procedure and documents needed at both the locations?

Many thanks

I bought my Suzuki from an aussie in chiang mai. Transferred it into my name in chiang mai on the day of purchase, then rode back to bangkok and transferred it onto bangkok plates a few weeks later.

I took passport work permit and driving licence. Think its different docs if no work permit.

Why do you want to change the province on the licence plate? There is no need. Simply take passport (+ copies) and residence letter. If you want you can download change of ownership forms.

Go with the present owner to the Land Transport Dept. in Phuket and get ownership transferred. Keep the Phuket plate. It doesn't matter.

• Like 1

Why do you want to change the province on the licence plate? There is no need. Simply take passport (+ copies) and residence letter. If you want you can download change of ownership forms.

Go with the present owner to the Land Transport Dept. in Phuket and get ownership transferred. Keep the Phuket plate. It doesn't matter.

That's what I did, still riding with Phuket license place, no issues at all.

Did this twice fairly recently.

From the seller you need the power of attorney form, signed of course.

If Thai: 2 copies of ID card and house book, all signed.

If foreigner: 2 copies of every used page of their passport and 2 copies of their work permit or proof of residence, everything signed.

Normally you don't need their proof of residence if registering in the same province but you do if changing province.

As some have said here, assuming you have all the right documents you need, then do it in Phuket first while the owner is with you. You can always change it to Chonburi later on if you want to.