Disturbing Story - Deadly Road Accident Early This Morning

FKeyNok

At about 4am-5am this morning a friend of mine was out on Ekamai Road (Sukhumvit Soi 63) close to the small fresh fruit market, opposite to the Wat Pa See (Ekamai Soi 23 area) at the end of Ekamai where the Ram Intra highway overpass begins. Apparently a young foreigner (mid to late twenties) was crossing the road, drunk perhaps, and got hit by a large truck. The truck kept going and never stopped. The guy hit by the truck was dead fairly instantly perhaps. His head appeared severely damaged and a large amount of blood loss was strewn on the road. Then, one of those body collection trucks (that picks up bodies from crime scenes and road accidents) showed up to collect the body. Nobody was around but a few street vendors and a motorcycle taxi driver ran over to the scene. Police hadn’t arrived on the scene yet. Apparently someone had made off with the deceased's iPhone 5 cell phone already (according to the motorcycle taxi driver who witnessed someone stealing his cell phone). The guy driving the body collection truck was seen snipping off his finger that had a valuable looking ring on the finger, along with removing the dead man's gold neck chain and placed both items into plastic bags. Apparently the Thai motorcycle taxi driver managed to grab a video clip of some or part of these events and said he would put it on YouTube, but I don’t know if the clip has surfaced yet. That’s all I know.

Please excuse any errors in this information as this is not a first hand account.

• Like 1

Wow what a gruesome story. Absolutely horrible, but nothing surprises me here. These kinds of stories occur all the time. It's even worse to hear about the theft of his belongings after he died, absolutely sickening.

Best advice is NEVER EVER cross a road in Thailand, always use the overpass or occasionally, underpass.

• Like 1

Best advice is NEVER EVER cross a road in Thailand

No no, best advice is never go out of your front door in Thailand, better still, never use the water to shower or brush your teeth, never eat the food, never be near electrical circuits in Thailand and of course... never get out of bed in the first place (and why would you want to?)

Meanwhile, life will go on, with or without a helmet on (or tin foil hat).

• Like 1

Wow what a gruesome story. Absolutely horrible, but nothing surprises me here. These kinds of stories occur all the time. It's even worse to hear about the theft of his belongings after he died, absolutely sickening.

Best advice is NEVER EVER cross a road in Thailand, always use the overpass or occasionally, underpass.

Even the local temple cat who is quite a smarty can be seen using the overpas

• Like 2

I just want to clarify that apparently the driver of the body removal truck proceeded to chop off the deceased’s finger and put it in a plastic bag, together with the ring on the finger, when the driver of the truck was not able to forcibly remove the ring from the deceased’s finger.

I just want to clarify that apparently the driver of the body removal truck proceeded to chop off the deceased’s finger and put it in a plastic bag, together with the ring on the finger, when the driver of the truck was not able to forcibly remove the ring from the deceased’s finger.

So I guess the urban myth of the body snatcher guys grabbing anything valuable off

you before they dump your dead body at the hospital is no longer a myth... :-)

God I love this place !!!!!

hmm i assume you went back and got your camera for this? Surely it wasn't too far away. Suprised that the fingers choppers didn't try to take you out as well to cover their tracks... in other words bullshit!

• Like 1

"Please excuse any errors in this information as this is not a first hand account".

Forgot to add:

And the same bloke that told me that story also said he knows somebody important in the Finance dept who told him that GBP/THB will go back to 90, in the new year, hic burp!

• Like 1

Hopefully some news articles surface and/or the video captured by the motorcycle taxi driver to help substantiate the account provided by my friend and fill in any missing blanks.

Hopefully someone will have some common sense and close this topic.

• Like 1

Yeah, this is all a big haha isn't it? Some guy is dead in a hit and run, with very few witnesses, and he seems to have been physically violated as he was lying lifeless on the road. Meanwhile, I try and make an attempt (against my better judgment knowing what type of mokes TV is famous for) to shed some light on this event (and hopefully bring out some other details to perhaps help the victim's family), and I get nothing but the typical armchair numpties chiming in with the usual useless banter. At least TV is consistent in that is manufactures shameless critics who have nothing to do but waste bandwitdh by addding their bullocks. Yes, block this post, delete, it, shut it down, whatever, nevermind. I tried to help and as usual I am proven that it is better to mind my own business rather than waste any time trying to help some poor sod in this place.

• Like 1

Hopefully some news articles surface and/or the video captured by the motorcycle taxi driver to help substantiate the account provided by my friend and fill in any missing blanks.

Until this story is substantiated it remains conjecture and speculation.

/Closed

• Like 1