I am trying add my Thai bank account to Paypal - sort code?

My Thai Wife and I use Paypal. Love it. Easy. Cheap.

- She uses KTB Bank.

- She had to get it "verified" with a phone conversation. Took about 4-5-6 days.

- I transfer from Hawaii Bank to My Paypal. Then move to her PayPal. 3-4 days. Then she transfers to her KTB Bank Book Bank.

- It takes 7 days for her to get from her Paypal account to her book bank.

She said the "Paypal Help Desk" was in Malaysia. She talked to them several times.

Once her book bank at KTB Bank were "verified" with small transfer, we've now done it over 10 times in last 3 months.

BTW: I pay for many things in Bangkok with PayPal. A lot of wholesalers use it. I like it for "Account Protection" and in case of a SCAM. It offers the best protection. In the future, we will all use APPLE PAY !

I am also trying to setup PayPal Thailand so far so good except I need a 4 digit code.

Does anyone have any idea what that is for Bangkok Bank.

I assume your talking about the verification process .. I'm sure I didn't follow the verification through myself and I still buy from eBay - So, I presume its not totally necessary.

As mentioned here in other posts, Paypal draws a small amount from your account, you then go to the bank a few days later and check a printed statement, there will be a transaction code attatched to the deduction.

Thats the 4-figure code you are after.

ETS: I did verify my account, I would have been too lazy to go to the bank - so it must be possible to check your e-statement with internet banking.

Edited by recom273

I am also trying to setup PayPal Thailand so far so good except I need a 4 digit code.

Does anyone have any idea what that is for Bangkok Bank.

I assume your talking about the verification process .. I'm sure I didn't follow the verification through myself and I still buy from eBay - So, I presume its not totally necessary.

As mentioned here in other posts, Paypal draws a small amount from your account, you then go to the bank a few days later and check a printed statement, there will be a transaction code attatched to the deduction.

Thats the 4-figure code you are after.

ETS: I did verify my account, I would have been too lazy to go to the bank - so it must be possible to check your e-statement with internet banking.

You're pretty close,,, what PP does is, DEPOSIT a very small amount into your Thai bank account,,, usually about .02-,04 Baht,,, you then find out what it is,, (check your statement),,, Log into your Thai PP account that's already set up,,, go to,, "verify account",,, what they want you to enter, is the exact small amount they deposited,,, it's like a password,, so they know it's ACTUALLY your bank account,,, because they use different amounts,,, and without a personal statement,, know one else would know it,,,

Edited by Adeeos