Jomtien Beach Condo's

Last May I purchased a condo at Jomtien Beach Condominium, and made arrangements with real estate agent to let on my behalf on long term contract, as yet the agent has not been able to let it so I am considering the option of advertising it here in the UK as a holiday apartment.

When I viewed the condo I was not introduced to the condominiums management company so I am unaware of what services they can offer and I am very surprised to find no listing on the web for them, in particular I would like to know if they can arrange maid service, see my guests in, inspect for any breakages when they depart and arrange for any repairs and/or if there is any other company in the Pattaya area who can offer this service.

BB

Last May I purchased a condo at Jomtien Beach Condominium, and made arrangements with real estate agent to let on my behalf on long term contract, as yet the agent has not been able to let it so I am considering the option of advertising it here in the UK as a holiday apartment.

When I viewed the condo I was not introduced to the condominiums management company so I am unaware of what services they can offer and I am very surprised to find no listing on the web for them, in particular I would like to know if they can arrange maid service, see my guests in, inspect for any breakages when they depart and arrange for any repairs and/or if there is any other company in the Pattaya area who can offer this service.

BB

Are you at the condo now? There's a little coffee shop at the bottom front corner of A1 (the first of the back buildings). It's essentially an estate agency, though it's not advertised. The owner - a

young-ish Thai woman - can probably arrange it. I'd trust her, I think - she seems quite together and professional. There are also a lot of shops in the front buildings (S1 - S2) that claim to do property sale / rental. Most of them are owned by ex-bar girls, 'set up in business' by Falangs (of whom some have since been sent packing, some kept in partnership, some replaced by second-generation donors). Personally, I wouldn't trust their business model. But other falangs obviously do trust them, so what do I know? And there's always the chance they'll rip off the other guy, and pass the savings on to you...

The condo management itself is basically good, but the middle tiers have a reputation for helping themselves to a cut, so you'd probably want to monitor things, or at least get a very clear idea of what you're paying for.

:o-->

QUOTE(Basil B @ 2006-08-12 02:58:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BB

Are you at the condo now? There's a little coffee shop at the bottom front corner of A1 (the first of the back buildings). It's essentially an estate agency, though it's not advertised. The owner - a

young-ish Thai woman - can probably arrange it. I'd trust her, I think - she seems quite together and professional. There are also a lot of shops in the front buildings (S1 - S2) that claim to do property sale / rental. Most of them are owned by ex-bar girls, 'set up in business' by Falangs (of whom some have since been sent packing, some kept in partnership, some replaced by second-generation donors). Personally, I wouldn't trust their business model. But other falangs obviously do trust them, so what do I know? And there's always the chance they'll rip off the other guy, and pass the savings on to you...

The condo management itself is basically good, but the middle tiers have a reputation for helping themselves to a cut, so you'd probably want to monitor things, or at least get a very clear idea of what you're paying for.

Coltrane,

Thank you for your reply, I am not there at present, wish I was but it is another 10 weeks before I get back out, the purchase was completed after I left in April, so I need to check everything out before I start to let it as a holiday apartment.

The one thing that really impressed me about JBC was it appeared to be well looked after even though it was not new, I visited other condominiums witch are a lot newer, like VTC1 not only were they not so well maintained, security appeared to be a big issue with many properties with many locks and security grills on most doors.

I am certain that I can find the right management company who do the sort of thing I am looking for, it just going to take me some time to find them.

BB

:o--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Basil B @ 2006-08-12 02:58:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

BB

Coltrane,

Thank you for your reply, I am not there at present, wish I was but it is another 10 weeks before I get back out, the purchase was completed after I left in April, so I need to check everything out before I start to let it as a holiday apartment.

The one thing that really impressed me about JBC was it appeared to be well looked after even though it was not new, I visited other condominiums witch are a lot newer, like VTC1 not only were they not so well maintained, security appeared to be a big issue with many properties with many locks and security grills on most doors.

I am certain that I can find the right management company who do the sort of thing I am looking for, it just going to take me some time to find them.

BB

Try the place I mentioned. You definitely want someone 'on the spot' to do this for you =not an agency over in Pattaya. The buildings themselves are well run (so far!).

And it isn't View Talay - only a VERY few residents with whole-body tattoos...

• 1 month later...

:o--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Basil B @ 2006-08-12 02:58:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

BB

Coltrane,

BB

Try the place I mentioned. You definitely want someone 'on the spot' to do this for you =not an agency over in Pattaya. The buildings themselves are well run (so far!).

And it isn't View Talay - only a VERY few residents with whole-body tattoos...

Hello BB,

My name is "On", I am staying in A2 Jomtien Beach Condominium. I have my rental apartments here and also manage some for other people. I run the business by internet as well. You can go to my website http://360.yahoo.com/suziong and see the type of my apartments that I manage.

Whenever you are at Jomtien , you can contact me and we could meet and talk.

Regards,

On

:o-->

QUOTE(Basil B @ 2006-08-11 19:58:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BB

:o--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Basil B @ 2006-08-11 19:58:42) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

BB

Hello BB,

My name is "On", I am staying in A2,Jomtien Beach Condominium. I have rental apartments here and I also manage some of the other. I run business by internet as well. You can PM me for details.

If you are here, you can contact me , we can meet and talk.

Regards,

On

On

Edited by astral

There are dozens, if not hundreds of rooms for rent in Jomtien Condo 1,2,....

Shops at the ground floor rent them, at probably price double or considerably higher than from the reception.

At the reception, they won't rent directly but would call someone who would. Wheter they colaborate or not, those who come to give the keys, take money and inspect the unit before/after are cleaners or some non customer facing staff.

I rented 3 times, 3 different rooms, 3 different ladies in some bluish uniform...800B per day, all inclusive. Shops rent 1200B per day as side business, no wonder their rental trade is non-existent.

Not sure if the owner knows of all the rentals that might have happened.

However, all 3 rooms I rented were dormant for months and months before being cleaned for us to move in.

Not great investment that place I think, little wonder real estate people make no or little effort to rent rooms there.

Good chance of getting someone to rent it for a week long binge party and trash it.

Asking prices arew to high for a long term rent...I think the prices were 16K+ per month or so, not worth it.

Edited by think_too_mut