Are they gluing the lids on bottles in Thailand ?

MrWorldwide

OK - I broke my shoulder in 3 places some months back, but I've still managed to get the lids off bottles of coke and other common foodstuffs - fast forward to this morning and I swear I've got two bottles that will need an oxy rig to separate the top from the bottle. Managed to get the lid off everything else in the fridge, leaving me wondering if anyone else has had trouble recently ? I know they dont want people tampering with their products, but this is ridiculous.

• Like 1

I have one particular item that I get regularly that is like that. I use the dull side of a butter knife and hit along the edges of the lid a few times and opens easily. Sometimes I can hear the vacuum breaking knowing for sure it will open with no effort. Occasionally I will have something with a cap on it and after so much straining dig out my pliers and give it a twist. smile.png

Ever since I left home, 50 years ago, I have been aggravated, annoyed and sometimes had my intelligence insulted by, the packaging industry. At least you could still buy stuff wrapped up in paper in those days. Yes, we have a pair of pliers in the kitchen alongside the lid remover.

What annoys me these days is that beer cans have suddenly become difficult to open, if you drink out of the can you risk getting a piece of ragged aluminium up your nose.

• Like 1

Very impressive robblok - I'll bet you're hung like a giraffe down there too. All in all, a very proud young man wink.png

I put giraffe's to shame there is not enough web space here to post that. Plus I don't want to give all you guys an inferiority complex. My big guns already done that probably so i leave it at this.cheesy.gif

I like the object that Welsh posted.. sometimes its just hard to get grip on lids.