'Yearly extension' to 'multi entry' then back to a 'yearly extension'...It's ok?

Hello all,

I'm currently on my first yearly marriage extension on the basis of having 400k+ in my Thai bank.

For the 2nd year, could I do the Savanakhet multi entry method and then return to another yearly extension for my 3rd year?

I can't see any issues doing this, but thought I should ask......

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you can do that.

The only potential problem would be if they raise the financial requirements while you are on the multi entry Non Immigrant O visa. You would then have to meet the new requirements when going back to the extension, while those already on extensions may be "grandfathered" under the old requirements.

Sophon

• Like 1

yes, at the end of the yearly extension you could get a 60 day visit Thai wife extension (1,900 baht ) then a non imm 'o' which would be good for almost 15 months, and then another 60 day visit Thai wife extension giving you 19 months almost before rethinking your next move.

during the validity of the non 'o' you could do 60 day wife extensions every entry, instead of a border run every 90 days, depending on your place of residence it could be more beneficial, just make sure the last border run is done before the expiry date of the actual non 'o' issued abroad.

Edited by steve187
  • Like 1

Yes, you can do that.

The only potential problem would be if they raise the financial requirements while you are on the multi entry Non Immigrant O visa. You would then have to meet the new requirements when going back to the extension, while those already on extensions may be "grandfathered" under the old requirements.

Sophon

Thanks for your reply.

I mean going to Savanakhet next year as they don't need financial proof, then for my 3rd year having the 400k for the yearly extension again.

Yes, you can do that.

Sophon

Thanks for your reply.

I mean going to Savanakhet next year as they don't need financial proof, then for my 3rd year having the 400k for the yearly extension again.

Yes, I understood that. But if the financial requirements are raised to e.g. 600,000 Baht while you are using the Non Immigrant O visa, then you would have to have that amount in your account when doing the subsequent extension. If you were still on an extension instead of the Non O visa, then there would be a good chance that you could continue qualifying with only 400,000 Baht in the account.

Sphon

Yes, you can do that.

Sophon

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, I understood that. But if the financial requirements are raised to e.g. 600,000 Baht while you are using the Non Immigrant O visa, then you would have to have that amount in your account when doing the subsequent extension. If you were still on an extension instead of the Non O visa, then there would be a good chance that you could continue qualifying with only 400,000 Baht in the account.

Sphon

oh,ok....Now I get your point...thumbsup.gif Thank you. Does anyone know the last time the financial requirements were changed/raised?

Why you not able to provide monthly income document from Embassy? I also stay on 400k now, but for next year not interested to deposit 400k, especially because my home country currency low now, but I can withdraw more than 40k per month from overseas account.