If I listened to others, I would sleep in my closet all day

puukao

We all like advice (plus a little comedy), and it's fun to read all the pros and cons before making an "educated" decision. There just comes a point when it's all pretty funny. Let me just vent a little bit as I drink my coffee (note: i've spent about 10 months or more in Thailand, most other SE Asian Countries for a little bit of time, others, etc....)

It's all about same stuff: "Oh, that place is corrupt. Too hot, too polluted, too many scams, foreigners very weird and scary, not much to do outside tourism, hard to get visa, teaching English pays too little or they won't pay you and it will drain your life, they hate foreigners, you will never be accepted there, they only want your money."

Then the, "Why do you really want to go there?"

It is a little exhausting, and I'm not sure why these clowns giving me advice haven't figured out I will do what I want in the end anyhow.

Would I recommend Thailand? Sure. Fly to BKK, go to CM, then CR and the border (pai if you can), back to BKK, maybe down to Pattaya to see the Devil himself, and after a month take off.....If you like it, figure out how to stay longer. Of course, it's a must trip.

My point is this......If you have the urge to spend a long time in Thailand, as they say, "Scratch that itch". But if you are scratching for too long, so see a doctor off Soi 6 behind the Farang Fruit stand, which we know doesn't exist since Farangs can't run a business like that here!!!! oh, just put that on the list....

I only say this because I am probably going to spend some time in Korea and just read a few emails on why that decision isn't a good one. Well, here I go....

Dear puukao ... I have no idea what you are on about, but have a Merry Christmas,

and, if you leave Thailand for Vietnam, I hope you enjoy it there also ... thumbsup.gif

Haha, you clearly didn't, because he said he's going to Korea!

I think he was venting because people give him advice which he ignores. His point is if he's put off doing what people advise him against he won't get to do very much.

And he advises us to go see an STD doctor or something, apparently.

Dear puukao ... I have no idea what you are on about, but have a Merry Christmas,

and, if you leave Thailand for Vietnam, I hope you enjoy it there also ... thumbsup.gif

I did not say Vietnam!!!!! haha, no worries. I've been to Vietnam, and had a really nice time. I have not visited the North (Hanoi), but next trip I would like to see Halong Bay or whatever. Too lazy to search for it......I am too busy!!!!!!

Thanks for the kind wishes, but I have not heard of this "Merry Christmas" saying before.

I am buddhist.....

Now where is Rudolph to plow my garden!!!!

Haha, you clearly didn't, because he said he's going to Korea!

I think he was venting because people give him advice which he ignores. His point is if he's put off doing what people advise him against he won't get to do very much.

And he advises us to go see an STD doctor or something, apparently.

I got two emails this morning on how horrible Korea is, and I figured I would do some dumb typing on TV. I have also gotten 1,000,000 looks from people in America when I tell them I'm going to Thailand. China usually gets strange faces. Japan gets the "oh, good sushi" and Vietnam brings back war memories they don't even have. Cambodia is, "oh, be careful." all comedy...

• Like 1