Safety measures in force to ensure safe and happy celebration of New Year

webfact

So far so good. Just saw someone put their vehicle in a culvert...on the OPPOSITE side of the road (small village, wide roads). Now towing out with tractors or whatever works. As far as I know, no serious injuries. Same time last year, was hit dead on at full speed in the rear by a motorbike while parked. Driver looked like he had a broken hand (along with cuts and bruises), left his bike (still running), but grabbed his 6 Chang and tried to make for the hills. Didn't break a single bottle though. Bless him. Words escape me.

Have spot checks for drink drivers all over the Country.

Breathalise them, and if found over the limit, stick them in a wire cage on the side of the rooad for a 10 hour period of time for all to see.

Great loss of face, cant get to the family piss-up, and wiil dry the scum out under the hot sun.

Edited by Cake Monster

The story ended by saying that the BiB were to be "trained" in the use of the breathalyser.

But is this not a basic part of ALL police work worldwide, and the training would have come very early on in a police career? (eh? oh, not in Thailand, you say?)

So what are the measures ?

My local municipal government will be leading from the front as usual for New Year and Songkran.

Their traffic centre will be set up under several canopies complete with tables chairs and power leads for the hot water thermo pots.

It's manned 24 hrs by municipal staff earning lots of lovely O/T and sometimes young recruits from the local basic training camp but quite what their function is beats me as they never seem to actually do anything except eat, talk, read and sleep.

hopefully they will not disturb the traffic when crossing the roads !!