Warorot Market

rishi

Hi,

I've been offered 160 sqm space upstairs at Warorot Market. I'm not interested, but have promised the owner - a Thai-Chinese - to help him selling his occupancy rights. He prefer to sell to a farang, becuse according to his experience they (me) are far more reliable than Thais.

Well, as far as I can see ON the scene, the whole place appears as basically a Thai-Chinese territory - which means it might be rather troublesome for a farang to make it well, there. I wouldn't want to participate in leading a fellow foreigner into what might become a daytime nightmare.

Is any of the longterm residents (or others) aquainted with background-details of Warolot Market? Who owns the place? Who manages it? Any regulations on who can "own" a business there? Any regulations on what kind of businesses are allowed? Any "mafias"? ...etc.

Yes, I know - why not just ask the seller ... Well, he is both honest and fair - meaning he'll only tell the truth and nothing but the truth, period - but one can't expect him to tell those parts of the whole truth that would be in his disfavor, unless confronted with a precise question ... I'll need some background info to be able to ask those questions.

Hi,

I've been offered 160 sqm space upstairs at Warorot Market. I'm not interested, but have promised the owner - a Thai-Chinese - to help him selling his occupancy rights. He prefer to sell to a farang, becuse according to his experience they (me) are far more reliable than Thais.

Well, as far as I can see ON the scene, the whole place appears as basically a Thai-Chinese territory - which means it might be rather troublesome for a farang to make it well, there. I wouldn't want to participate in leading a fellow foreigner into what might become a daytime nightmare.

Is any of the longterm residents (or others) aquainted with background-details of Warolot Market? Who owns the place? Who manages it? Any regulations on who can "own" a business there? Any regulations on what kind of businesses are allowed? Any "mafias"? ...etc.

Yes, I know - why not just ask the seller ... Well, he is both honest and fair - meaning he'll only tell the truth and nothing but the truth, period - but one can't expect him to tell those parts of the whole truth that would be in his disfavor, unless confronted with a precise question ... I'll need some background info to be able to ask those questions.

I would submit that you consider the offer, but with the caveat that they fix the escalator then wait for completion of the job.

:o

I would submit that you consider the offer, but with the caveat that they fix the escalator then wait for completion of the job.

:D

:D:D:D

That thing stopped running the day after it was installed, and has never run since :o

can't help but to think of all the disgusting creatures living in it.

That thing stopped running the day after it was installed, and has never run since :o

I thought they were all caught on a daily basis, roasted and sold downstairs?

I thought they were all caught on a daily basis, roasted and sold downstairs?

Word I got is that noone ever told them it was an escalato, and was supposed to move. That the shop tenants were told that it was a stariway made like that so they could scrape the mud off the shoes. Never even wired it up. Also never cleaned the mud out.