Need advice please! Immigration & child custody

I am very annoyed with Amphur when my ex-wife explains me what happening.... I cant believe .....

I try my best to be calm to explain about immigration & child custody (including divorce).

Last Wednesday my ex-wife & I went to Amphur for sibmiting the divorce and the proceeding went very smoothly. Only thing I am curious the lady officer did not ask for my passport; I decide to leave my passport on the desk just in case she may need it. I am not sure if she has taken it or not because my ex-wife is doing the talk for me for about 15 minutes or so. I sat behind with waiting people. And its cost is just 100Baht...

Yesterday I went to the translation service for Thai to English. From that time, I just spot the mistake. Please note there are three pages. First page is obviously the divorce certificate & it is perfect. The second & third pages consists some details based on what my ex-wife & myself have agreed and our IDs shows a very tiny error that may possibly led to the unnecessary bigger problem .

The passport number is not matching to my current passport. I have no idea where does that number come from. My ex-wife went to the amphur by herself to explain the problem. Their response is I must go to my embassy because my passport is old!!! What a complete misunderstanding.

I am pretty sure the immigration officer's eagle eyes will spot that too - I will apply extension next March 2015. Will IO will accept that certificate especially for sole child custody even my name is perfect & my DOB too - just the wrong passport number.

I do not really want to hire any expensive lawyer for just this weest error.

Can Amphur make that correction? If not possible, should I re-marry her again and then re-divorce her? I know this is very peculiar but I do really need to correct that passport number.

Any advices greatly welcome. wai.gif

I believe your passport number is recorded on your marriage certificate so that is where it would come from and it would be proper to list it as such on divorce I suspect. It is not intended to be your current passport but the one you married on. Should not be an issue if immigration accepts a divorce document as custody - I thought that required judicial action but never checked so maybe wrong. Passport numbers change - it happens for bank accounts also.

If they cant.. Can you not just get a new passport ?? 'lose' of damage that one and get a fresh one..

Passport numbers dont stay the same for life.. Then you can just claim it was an old passport.

Is the number on the paperwork from an old passport number in the system, like the one you may have had when you married.

I believe your passport number is recorded on your marriage certificate so that is where it would come from and it would be proper to list it as such on divorce I suspect. It is not intended to be your current passport but the one you married on. Should not be an issue if immigration accepts a divorce document as custody - I thought that required judicial action but never checked so maybe wrong. Passport numbers change - it happens for bank accounts also.

Of course I should have known better the different passport number coming from old passport - Amphur is using the old one instead of my current one. Anyway, I am glad this issue is not really sufficient to be concerned though. Thank you & glad to use this forum.

If they cant.. Can you not just get a new passport ?? 'lose' of damage that one and get a fresh one..

Passport numbers dont stay the same for life.. Then you can just claim it was an old passport.

Is the number on the paperwork from an old passport number in the system, like the one you may have had when you married.

Yep, your guess is correct; I did not think straight about old passport. Appreciate your advice especially before Xmas. Thanks.

Easy enough to check out if you have your old passport. Good idea to take that with you when you go to Immigration. Even if you don't have the old passport -- take a look at the current passport. If you transferred a visa extension, they would have noted the old passport number on the stamp for the transfer.