how can i stay in los now for 3 months ? with an irish passport

considering i do not have time to apply for visa plus its christmas and consulates are closed etc. i need to get away to thailand this week 29th dec.

( do not ask me why ) how could i stay in thailand for 3 months or thereabouts ? can even go to cambodia / laos a few times.

also if i overstayed how much is overstay now per day ? if i even made it back to the airport that is.

any advice ?

thanks

DC

You could enter and get a 30 day visa exempt entry. Then extend it for 30 days at immigration for a fee of 1900 baht.

After that perhaps fly out and back to get a new 30 day entry. A border crossing will only give you 15 days.

You may be asked to show a ticket out within 30 days of entry to board your flight to here since you will not have a visa.

• Like 1

when i arrive at check in ( dublin ) i will have a ticket from 29 dec untill 26th march ........will airline refuse me to board since i will not have a double entry or non ( o ) visa ? if so, i could tell airline that i either plan to re enter thailand on border crossing or fly out to another country and back in again. or i could tell them i will be changing ticket to come back within 30 days.

do you think there could be problems here ? i really do not want to buy ticket for £7-800 only to be refused to board at checkin.

whats your thoughts guys . maybe i should wait untill consulate in dublin opens in new year and get non ( o ) but then processing times can be long i imagine plus i really need to get away.

thanks

DC

You could buy a one way ticket to a nearby country on a low cost carrier ( airasia.com) within 30 days to show. You can find them so cheap that you could toss it and not loose a lot.

If you are married to a Thai or have a Thai child you can get a 60 day extension to visit them.

• Like 1

when i arrive at check in ( dublin ) i will have a ticket from 29 dec untill 26th march ........will airline refuse me to board since i will not have a double entry or non ( o ) visa ? if so, i could tell airline that i either plan to re enter thailand on border crossing or fly out to another country and back in again. or i could tell them i will be changing ticket to come back within 30 days.

do you think there could be problems here ? i really do not want to buy ticket for £7-800 only to be refused to board at checkin.

whats your thoughts guys . maybe i should wait untill consulate in dublin opens in new year and get non ( o ) but then processing times can be long i imagine plus i really need to get away.

thanks

DC

If your ticket is for longer than 30 days as you suggest then you will need proof of onward travel for the airline check in. A hotel booking in a nearby country will suffice but you need to print it out and show a paper copy. You may also want to consider all the border runs etc compared to getting a visa before departure.

I have not been in to the Dublin consulate lately but Birmingham will process your non O marriage visa while you wait assuming you have all the correct documentation.

This advice is based on my experience there a few weeks ago.

I spoke to them again this morning and they seem to think other consulates can issue Non. O marriage visas to an applicant in person while they wait. Mine took 7 minutes.

The cannot accept postal applications.

However the website still says they cannot issue non O!

Phone number is

44 (0) 121 643 9481

If you want to stay for 15 months then the Non O visa is your best bet.

Edited by Jay Sata
  • Like 1

thanks guys

if i can hold out untiull early january i will but i think i need to travel soon. as i say the main thing im afraid of is getting to dublin checkin and airline refuse me as ill have a 3 month ticket with no visa. also if i do buy a single then the airline will also be looking to see my visa .

wonder if i bought a ( changeable ticket ) would i still be refused ?

hmmmm decisions decisions !!

try to board nice and early, if they refuse boarding book a cheap ticket online, whilst at the airport

I presume you mean check in early. That is where the problem will occur not at the gate.

Dirtycash....why contemplating a one way ticket. More expensive than a return when you consider what tickets to Europe cost in Thailand.

Edited by Jay Sata
  • Like 1

thanks guys

if i can hold out untiull early january i will but i think i need to travel soon. as i say the main thing im afraid of is getting to dublin checkin and airline refuse me as ill have a 3 month ticket with no visa. also if i do buy a single then the airline will also be looking to see my visa .

wonder if i bought a ( changeable ticket ) would i still be refused ?

Check thread below

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/754481-boarding-to-thailand-without-return-ticket/

Are you the guy who has the flyers up in the toilet walls round the bars in in Bangkok?

Irish passport for sale

Owner is going abroad

No longer requiredsmile.png

Costs peanuts for a flight to Cambodia with Thai Airways...Why take any risks for a few lousy quid mate book one on line.

Edited by Tanlic
  • Like 1

You could book hotel through agoda and for onward ticket try tiger airways very cheap on flights and can change flight date online . as far as place to stay while here can get a place on a monthly bases for 3500 baht a month at Nasa Vegas apartments next door to airport link line and hotel of same name.

As you are in Belfast ,Birmingham is a good option for getting your 1 year multi entry marriage Non O visa.

Easy jet do a morning flight that leaves Belfast at 7.10 arriving Birmingham 8.10.

Only £22.00 one way.

You could then get the bus in to the city centre and have plenty of time left for

arriving at consulate before 11.00am.

That way you get the visa while you wait.

As you are in Belfast ,Birmingham is a good option for getting your 1 year multi entry marriage Non O visa.

Easy jet do a morning flight that leaves Belfast at 7.10 arriving Birmingham 8.10.

Only £22.00 one way.

You could then get the bus in to the city centre and have plenty of time left for

arriving at consulate before 11.00am.

That way you get the visa while you wait.

I think you need to go back and read the OP's post where he said his flight was from Dublin.

No where in the topic did he indicate he was in Northern Ireland.

i live in belfast northern ireland / uk / the island of ireland ( yea f****ked up isnt it LOL , try get a thai to figure that one out 5555 + cheesy.gif ) add to the mix that i am both dual irish / british citizen w00t.gif flights are allways cheaper from dublin hence i will allways fly from there to avoid uk taxes.

BTW......im 47 yr old and married to thai national . so cannot get visa based on marriage, or can i ?

Edited by dirtycash

i live in belfast northern ireland / uk ( yea f****ked up isnt it LOL ) flights are allways cheaper from dublin hence i will allways fly from there to avoid uk taxes.

btw......im 47 yr old and married to thai national . so cannot get visa based on marriage, or can i ?

So I was wrong because I did not go back through all your previous posts.

There is no age restriction or requirement to get a non-o visa or extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai.

If you travel here without getting a multiple entry non-o visa you could get one in Savannakhet Laos on the same day you apply with no financial proof needed.

i live in belfast northern ireland / uk ( yea f****ked up isnt it LOL ) flights are allways cheaper from dublin hence i will allways fly from there to avoid uk taxes.

btw......im 47 yr old and married to thai national . so cannot get visa based on marriage, or can i ?

So I was wrong because I did not go back through all your previous posts.

There is no age restriction or requirement to get a non-o visa or extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai.

If you travel here without getting a multiple entry non-o visa you could get one in Savannakhet Laos on the same day you apply with no financial proof needed.

thanks again joe, so im right in assuming that i will leave ireland with a single entry or a double entry to do me say 3 months then before it is up i will travel to savannakhet laos and get a 1 year non (o) based on marriage to a thai antional....i will bring my marriage certificate right ? anything else ?

cheers

It seems from another topic you did that you have delayed your trip so you could get the multiple entry non-o in Dublin.

The post I made before you changed your mind and was asking about not getting a visa before you left.

Just an update. I drove down to thai consulate in dublin yesterday was surprised to see it was just a very small office. Anyway passport was stamped there snd then . In and out in 5 minutes no questions asked. I could of got the visa based on marriage but the copy of my wifes passport i had with me was of her old out of date passport . Anyway its all easy enough done.