Normally thirty day

I'm not a racist

But the fact that most of crime by non thais

Is carried out by Russians africans eastern Europeans

The list goes on

As to whether the government will wake up and smell the coffee

Is unlikely

David

Is it a 30 day exempt, or a 30 day stamp on arrival, which is what I thought it was, which would mean they are not without a visa.

But I am probably wrong

Mossy, it's all the in wording ... I know what you are on about.

But technically, there is no visa ...

Visa Exemption (Bilateral Agreement)

Passport Holders who can enter Thailand without a Visa

The VISA EXEMPTION RULE allows tourists from 52 countries1 to enter without a visa. They are granted a stay of maximum 30 days but only if entering Thailand via an international airport.

Here

• Like 1

Shouldn't the title be Immigration and Emigrants?

OP - what country are you from and what was your bank balance when you cam here the first time?

So we can judge your suitability.

Are you really saying that a poor Ukrainian who wants to better himself in Thailand should be refused entry?

Are you saying a poor Nigerian who wants to sell "diamonds" to sexpats on lower Sukhumvit should be refused entry?

Are you saying a guy from the USA with $10,000 in his pocket should have preferential treatment over a Bangladeshi who has $1000 to start up a roti cart?

• Like 1

Shouldn't the title be Immigration and Emigrants?

OP - what country are you from and what was your bank balance when you cam here the first time?

So we can judge your suitability.

Are you really saying that a poor Ukrainian who wants to better himself in Thailand should be refused entry?

Are you saying a poor Nigerian who wants to sell "diamonds" to sexpats on lower Sukhumvit should be refused entry?

Are you saying a guy from the USA with $10,000 in his pocket should have preferential treatment over a Bangladeshi who has $1000 to start up a roti cart?

Only if he's starting a $10,000 roti cart.

Ok thanks for the info

But if they do as most do

Visa on arrival

Normally thirty day

I'm not a racist

But the fact that most of crime by non thais

Is carried out by Russians africans eastern Europeans

The list goes on

As to whether the government will wake up and smell the coffee

Is unlikely

Untrue, you are under a misapprehension.

The crimes committed by the Russians, Africans and Eastern Europeans in Thailand are the ones we mostly hear about and reported.

The most crimes committed by other farang nationalities are the ones that rarely get reported, illegal workers, business owners, property speculators and scammers. Probably the biggest crimes higher up the scale are committed by foreigners other than East Europeans and Africans. Take a look in some of the past Thai visa news clippings section forums, it`s loaded with them.

• Like 2

David

Is it a 30 day exempt, or a 30 day stamp on arrival, which is what I thought it was, which would mean they are not without a visa.

But I am probably wrong

Mossy, it's all the in wording ... I know what you are on about.

But technically, there is no visa ...

Visa Exemption (Bilateral Agreement)

Passport Holders who can enter Thailand without a Visa

The VISA EXEMPTION RULE allows tourists from 52 countries1 to enter without a visa. They are granted a stay of maximum 30 days but only if entering Thailand via an international airport.

Here

OK David,

I must admit, I always thought the stamp at the airport was a 30 day visa, not an exemption.

Cheers

Mo

• Like 1

If you are entering on a TOIRIST visa

It is just that

NO EMPLOYMENT

BUYING OR SELLING

In theory yes, but there are thousands of farangs over here who are abusing the system and continue to break the laws that has the knock on affect of tightening up the rules for all of us.

In my opinion the only solution is to permit those on tourist visas 3 months per year in the kingdom only, as 12 weeks should be an ample period to be holidaying in a country. I cannot see any legitimate reasons or excuses for bona-fife tourists needing to stay for longer periods than that.

It is just that

NO EMPLOYMENT

BUYING OR SELLING

In theory yes, but there are thousands of farangs over here who are abusing the system and continue to break the laws that has the knock on affect of tightening up the rules for all of us.

In my opinion the only solution is to permit those on tourist visas 3 months per year in the kingdom only, as 12 weeks should be an ample period to be holidaying in a country. I cannot see any legitimate reasons or excuses for bona-fife tourists needing to stay for longer periods than that.

The quality of your, often dubious, posts is on a downhill slope lately. Charge the batteries till end of this year and come back refreshed in 2015.

• Like 2

So immigration checking if

Visitors have enough

Funds to stay would single out undesirables and

People trafficking

And foreign prostitution

What about those visitors who travel on a Credit Card ... there is a fair bit of that which goes on.

Shall we exclude them?

EDIT

tinsom ... out of curiosity, where are you located, because it's 4am in thailand now.

Strange to be banging on about it if you are in the country.

Merry Christmas

Edited by David48

It is just that

NO EMPLOYMENT

BUYING OR SELLING

nonsense. lots of tourists own property in warm countries and spend the winter there.

Don't make this personal

Our AY JAYDEE asked a perfectly reasonable question considering that you created this thread themed on immigration and immigrants.

I am on a non O Immigrant visa based on retirement, I do not work. Prior to that I was on a non O Immigrant visa based on marriage to a Thai spouse and was working abroad. So how about you? What type of visa are on and do you have a registered company and a work permit for your online business that you operate here in Thailand? If not then do you for some reasons believe you are exempt from the same rules and other regulations impose on ex-pats here?