Free Wi-Fi in Thailand from next April

thai tech

I would like to know why some of the hotels I stay at in Thailand have such fast internet connections. How do they do it ?

And it comes free with the room.

One Hotel we stay at in Phetchabhun is unbelievable, you can download a 700 mb movie in minutes.

True via DOCSIS or FTTH offers very fast connections. It just depends on how much you pay.

Edited by kriswillems
  • Like 1

In Thailand? Like in the whole country of Thailand, from Chiang Rai and Sakon Nakhon all the way down to Satun and Narathiwat? Or is he as usual confusing the city of Bangkok with the country of Thailand. Would be nice if they would be able to deploy cable/fiber to the boonies first, or even decent 3G coverage before they take on this WiFi project.

Only a month ago, I finally got connected to TOT WiMAXX. Wired connection might come next century... And I live in the more civilized part of the county...

Also taking about rolling out 4G next year while 3G is still having it's problems. All about the continuation of the populist policies under the guise of returning happiness to the populace.

In other news Asia Pacific Telecom yesterday announced the advent of 5G in 3 years time.

The rollout of 3g in Thailand is remarkable. In such a short period of time even rural Thailand has pretty good 3g. Its pretty cheap too. Why get broadband at 600 baht per month when you can have pay as you go 3g?