Thai price / Foreigner price

johncat1

Racism is in Europe, it was invented there. Thais are not racist, ,they are just opportunists, they know foreigners can pay more, so they set the prices higher for them. This is not racism.

I would call it cheating, caused they don't display the double pricing on the entries. post-4641-1156693976.gif

Actually is cheating a kind of sport in Thailand, in genera, l not only foreigners.

It is ridiculous to discuss the dual price system in terms of racism.

Get a Thai passport (citizenship) and start paying Thai prices. Thailand does not discriminate on the basis on race or nationality when citizenship applications are considered.

In that case why is a friend of mine (fluent thai speaker/Mfa certified court translator) no further in being granted citizenship a full 5 years after she first applied? Edited by evadgib

It is ridiculous to discuss the dual price system in terms of racism.

Get a Thai passport (citizenship) and start paying Thai prices. Thailand does not discriminate on the basis on race or nationality when citizenship applications are considered.

In that case why is a friend of mine (fluent thai speaker/Mfa certified court translator) no further in being granted citizenship a full 5 years after she first applied?

We should forget in this topic anything about rasism it is'nt.

This is just greedyness, but this pricing system is only a small add to all the other bad tourists treatments over the last years, like jetski + tuktuk scam and several misterious death of tourists, corruption, bad reputation of RTP etc.

Thailand got over the last years, caused of all these incidents a lot of bad press around the world and now they pay the bill already for over 1 year, but a lot of ppl in Thailand, just don't realize it.

It's actually not only the bad tourism, which brings the economy in Thailand down, there are to many other economy problems already, ricepledge, low rubber prices etc. and in top their strong currency. sad.png

On the first hand I was thinking "som nam na", but I know so many nice and honest thai ppl, who don't deserve this problems, created by bastards.

IMO Thailand is bankrupt already, but this will going more down, the bankruptcies of small and big buisness will going sky high soon, but will mostly effect poor

ppl as usual, I feel sorry for them.

For mission accomplished

Carpe Diem wai2.gif

PS: Recommandation to the Moderators close these topic, caused many posts repeating only what is already posted several times, they reading maximum the last 2 sites of this topic, and posting sometimes stupid comments, in top about rasism.

I think in "most" of these places it's effectively a discounted Resident's Price and Non-Resident's Price. Pretty much the same as happens all over the planet.

ScreenShot2014-12-26at093937am_zps61a921

"...the same as happens all over the planet" .... Really ? NOT

sure does in my country

Whilst on a school trip to Korat Zoo I saw a very sad example of how racist and greedy Thai people really are.

We all know about the two tier pricing system in Thailand. Thai price and foreigner price. But Korat Zoo have gone one step further and charge foreign children a higher price than Thai children and they proudly display these charges. PURE GREED AND RACISM !!

​ Apologies for spelling error in Topic title but cannot correct

Its probably still a lot cheaper than a zoo in the western world!

Whilst on a school trip to Korat Zoo I saw a very sad example of how racist and greedy Thai people really are.

We all know about the two tier pricing system in Thailand. Thai price and foreigner price. But Korat Zoo have gone one step further and charge foreign children a higher price than Thai children and they proudly display these charges. PURE GREED AND RACISM !!

​ Apologies for spelling error in Topic title but cannot correct

Its probably still a lot cheaper than a zoo in the western world!

Could you develop a little bit more?

If I understand you well, foreigners (students, tourists, expats, employees on local contracts, retired, etc.) in Thailand should pay the price they'd have to pay in their home countries?

Just ridiculous

• Like 1

This happened a few days ago on a crowded beach a short walk from my house. My kids were playing with friends while my wife overlooked from the nearby hard standing and I spoke to a friend just a few meters away....

- a female beach vendor wearing a 'stop-me-and-buy-one' appeared with a tray full of gadgets, inc some lazer pen lights.

- all the kids (there were a dozen on more present, all Thai) showed an interest, inc mine who beckoned her in the direction of my wife.

- "How much?" asked my wife.

- "300 each or 2 for 500" came the reply, followed by "700 each if the fat bloke or his mate behind you want any <snigger snigger>" (all in Thai I hasten to add).

- "That's my husband and his friend" said my wife.

I didn't quite catch the remainder of their conversation but it ended in "off!" smile.png

Edited by evadgib

If you fly Ryanair and are a resident of certain countries, you will get 50% discount. Thai visitors pay 100%.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/what-is-a-spanish-resident-discount/

In your face.

It seems to say the pricing is based on RESIDENCY; not nationality.

• Documents required to avail of a Resident Discount.

• Spanish Nationals: A valid Certificate of Residence and a Valid National Identity Card / valid passport
    • Spanish Nationals under 14 years, without a DNI: A valid Certificate of Residence
    • EU/EEA/ Swiss Nationals: A valid Certificate of Residence and a valid National Identity Card issued by the country of origin/ valid passport.
    • Family members of EU nationals: A valid Certificate of Residence along with the valid residence card indicating his/her status of existing EU family member.
    • Non-EU Nationals holding a long-term residence permit: A valid Certificate of Residence along with the valid resident card indicating his/her condition of long-term resident. (A Thai national with residency would het the discount)
  • Did you actually read this??? "In your face????"clap2.gif

Read the Ryanair rules clear this is only for residents of Ceuta, Canary- and the Balearic Islands and their flight to the spanish mainland as long they are

holding the nationality of EU, EEA (Switzerland, Norway, Island).

Perhaps I'm wrong but I read that as saying that anyone who is a resident of Spain (or the islands you mentioned) of any nationality gets the discount.

As I mentioned above you must reside on these islands, but must also have a Nationality of an EU or EEA Country, and only for flights between Ceuta, these Islands, to the spanish Mainland, caused these flights are subvented by EU/EEA.

No thats not what i said.

I'm saying its still cheaper in thailand even though there may be a "foreigner" surcharge.

I think you are still not getting the clue, I don't why, maybe to much sun, or just to lazy to reading all the posts before.

As others and I posted before we could agree up to the max. triple Thai price, but please display it on the entries that everybody can understand it(english),

then I think, almost nobody would complain, but how the system is now charging 5 to 10 times the thai price without to display all the prices on the entries,

This is just cheating nothing else.

No thats not what i said.

I'm saying its still cheaper in thailand even though there may be a "foreigner" surcharge.

I think you are still not getting the clue, I don't why, maybe to much sun, or just to lazy to reading all the posts before.

As others and I posted before we could agree up to the max. triple Thai price, but please display it on the entries that everybody can understand it(english),

then I think, almost nobody would complain, but how the system is now charging 5 to 10 times the thai price without to display all the prices on the entries,

Gee you get narky real quick don't ya and very presumptuous. Perhaps you didn't get something today!?

Never seen anywhere that didn't publish both prices.

Not their fault you can't read Thai script.

Are you just ignorant, or just 1 more stupid comment, in germany on park entries, castles etc. is this published in deutsch, english and sometimes in french and other languages too that ppl like you can read it. And their websites also with an english option too.

http://www.schloesser-und-gaerten.de/index.php?id=6&L=1

This is only 1 example of my german province(Baden-Württemberg) about all their government owned parks and castles in english.

I hope you are able to read and understand it!!??? whistling.gifgiggle.gifwink.png

If they post the prise for Thai in Thai and for foreigners in English then I will hand them money according to the Thai price and then take the discussion.... in Thai!

If they post the prise for Thai in Thai and for foreigners in English then I will hand them money according to the Thai price and then take the discussion.... in Thai!

You missed the point, it should be published in english also, that any foreigner have the chance to read it, caused they want thier money.

If they only publish it in Thai, then they should not allow for other nationalities to enter the NP's, this would be consequent and then it would be rasism, but it's not.

It's just made to cheat. angry.gifbeatdeadhorse.gif

Are you just ignorant, or just 1 more stupid comment, in germany on park entries, castles etc. is this published in deutsch, english and sometimes in french and other languages too that ppl like you can read it. And their websites also with an english option too.

This is only 1 example of my german province(Baden-Württemberg) about all their government owned parks and castles in english.

I hope you are able to read and understand it!!??? whistling.gifgiggle.gifwink.png

so just go to the park in Germany. no problem, read the sign, return to Thailand or Canada. wherever you want to read signs.

so just go to the park in Germany. no problem, read the sign, return to Thailand or Canada. wherever you want to read signs.

One more who is not able to use his brain, in germany I can check it properly in advance, before I make any move to visit.

This I would call very informative, nothing hidden in a language who the most foreigner cannot understand. thumbsup.gif

The Thai prices are for Thais so why display them in English? Not many Thais read English!

This is a question of fairness, I hope you know what this is. wink.png

Only ppl who like to cheat having to hide somethings.

If you expect everything in life to be fair, you're going to be very disappointed.

The Thai prices are for Thais so why display them in English? Not many Thais read English!

This is a question of fairness, I hope you know what this is. wink.png

Only ppl who like to cheat having to hide somethings.

If you expect everything in life to be fair, you're going to be very disappointed.

I know this for long time. I just said how it could be, and as I showed it is not a theory, but maybe in LOS.

I don't talking in general, but about the double pricing, life is in general not fair.