Driver's License Renewal Medical Certificate?

ricklev

How long is the medical certificate valid for. I have to go for a renewal of my 5 year license. Had the exam last week, but I haven't gotten around to going there. Now it looks like it will be another week or so...... Is is good for a month?

Thanks!

Apparently not required in CM when going from a 5 to a 5.

That's what the lady at the licensing office told me about 2 weeks ago; however, it is required to get the temporary 1-year license and to get your first 5(+) year license one the temporary one expires.

Some places (as that may be different from office to office) don't need medical test, but you need to pass their own test for colorblindness etc. thumbsup.gif
I did my 5-year renewal a few month ago, showed up with an excellent medical report from a fine hospital smile.png, but they didn't care about it and gave it back to me with »no need« and a big smile – could have same some baht...whistling.gif

That's what the lady at the licensing office told me about 2 weeks ago; however, it is required to get the temporary 1-year license and to get your first 5(+) year license one the temporary one expires.

Mine is due next week and I got one anyway even after reading that info in the CM forum. Never trust bureaucracy and plan for the unexpected. 150 Baht and 5 minutes at CM Ram which I used for convenience.

Correct; not needed in CM. I just had my 5 to 5 renewed.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Pattaya no need, surprises me because not needing one for 5 years mean I'm in better health? Plus it is really a waste of time, you go to a clinic here and can get one without even them touching or talking to you.

When I got my medical certificate in August in Jomtien, I didn't even see the doctor. The receptionist at the clinic completed and signed the form - all for 100 baht.

Alan

5 year renewal don't need medical

That's what someone told me a few weeks ago, so I went all the way out to the Transport Office, waited an hour for my number to be called, brought my paperwork upstairs, gave it to the worker.....and was kicked out for not having a medical certificate.

This was in Pattaya. Like immigration, it seems that these people don't follow any real rules.

It was really busy that day. I think the guy was just looking for reasons to get rid of people.

My advice is bring every document ever mentioned as being needed!

5 year renewal don't need medical

That's what someone told me a few weeks ago, so I went all the way out to the Transport Office, waited an hour for my number to be called, brought my paperwork upstairs, gave it to the worker.....and was kicked out for not having a medical certificate.

This was in Pattaya. Like immigration, it seems that these people don't follow any real rules.

It was really busy that day. I think the guy was just looking for reasons to get rid of people.

My advice is bring every document ever mentioned as being needed!

That is so true! In November, the guy gave me the medical certification back but ask me to run across the road and get a copy of my arrival stamp and visa stamp? I questioned him as to why since I had gotten the residential certificate which I assume was a process so that they wouldn't have to deal with immigration issues. Being a little tick off, I left and didn't come back until the next day this time submitted the same paper as before but to a different person a lady and didn't ask for the stamp etc...

These government places are nuts?

Yes, medical certificate valid for 30 days. I just changed my 1 year for a five year licence in Pattaya. The stop test machine had broken so we simply didn't need to do that test, just the colour and paddles one! Car and motorcycle ฿1,060 for the DLT.

i just renewed my driver's license yesterday near BTS Bangchak, they gave me 5 year (my old licence was one year) without me asking for it as I thought it would be another one year license. Anyway, medical certificate is required in my case.

A medical cert is required to renew a 1 year licence (for a 5 year), but is not required to renew a 5 year licence.