some bars told to stop selling booze from 2 pm to 5 pm today

dave2

Across the board what is happening to free flowing gung ho Thailand....? That reputation is what propelled this country's GDP out of the un-developed nations. It's getting worse than the Middle East on LIBERTY......really.

Edited by freedomnow

If you have a license then you can sell it outside these hours. I'm talking about a proper license which must be displayed on the wall.

There are separate licenses for alcohol, food and tobacco.

So now you gone claim that restaurants don't have a license?

Exceptions were made for Hotel Businesses, airports, train stations, Terminal bus stations, piers

Do you see restaurants or bars mentioned in the line above?

Next

Whatever, I know for sure you can get a license to sell alcohol outside these times as I know someone who's got one.

If anyone would bother to think how laws are enforced in Thailand, there would be no argument here. after 37 years I can tell you this, the police love the laws on the books, this is so they can enforce them when they want and have a crackdown just before New Year's Eve and wrestle money out of the bar owners. It is of course selective and they plan their strategy knowing not to bother the locals. The police have been against decriminalizing prostitution since I came here in 1977, for fear of drying up their best source of income. The police always say it's to protect the morals of the country.

• Like 1