Koh Tao murder trial rescheduled

Lite Beer

In the spirit of past posts on motivation factor, I posted this 28 OCT 2014 and I would emphasize that it was strictly as a response to someone asking what could a potential prosecutor possibly say as regards motivation to those who are now accused of these crimes:

So if I were a prosecuting attorney, here is (hypothetically) what I might say:
People have commented that a crime of this brutality could only have been perpetrated in extreme passion such as one who has suffered rejection, humiliation, and losing face by having his advances denied by the deceased UK female.
But here may be another source of extreme passion: 2 young men from another country have been working low-paying menial jobs on the island for 2 years. Every day they see scantily clad Western females and know that Western males are -- for the proper consideration which they certainly lack -- able to have sex with Thai females and maybe even the females from their own country whom they covet. One day they are out on the beach at 4AM and the hear the sounds of love making close by and figure this may be the chance that has been gnawing away at them for years. And the rest happened when things just got out of control.

Give it a rest, Crab. You don't turn lust into extreme murder. Or are you just stirring again?

• Like 1

rockingrobin, on 22 Jan 2015 - 20:11, said:

Going back to Hannah and David, I am unsure of the time frame after the murders were discovered

The murders discovered by 2 beach cleaners at 6:20 to 6:30 in the morning

Who was the first person to be contacted and at what time

What actions did they take and who did they contact

Since it has been stated that Samuii Police did not arrive untill around 12pm, when and who contacted them and why such a delay in arriving

Who and what time did the crimescene get secured

According to Mcanna the forensics did not arrive until 20 hours after discovery, who contacted forensics and at what time and time actually on site. (Mcanna statement seems suspect as 20 hours would put them around 2 am the following morning)

Some very good points. I've wondered about those myself. It is difficult to imagine that the bodies remained on the beach from the time of discovery until the police arrived at noon though (some 6 hours). The crime scene was right next to the Ocean View bungalows where Hannah and David were staying. The tourists in those rooms must have been able to see everything that was going on.

• Like 1

Going back to Hannah and David, I am unsure of the time frame after the murders were discovered

The murders discovered by 2 beach cleaners at 6:20 to 6:30 in the morning

Who was the first person to be contacted and at what time

What actions did they take and who did they contact

Since it has been stated that Samuii Police did not arrive untill around 12pm, when and who contacted them and why such a delay in arriving

Who and what time did the crimescene get secured

According to Mcanna the forensics did not arrive until 20 hours after discovery, who contacted forensics and at what time and time actually on site. (Mcanna statement seems suspect as 20 hours would put them around 2 am the following morning)

I read somewhere but cant find the link now that the cleaners contacted Mon first, woke him up and he ran to the scene. What actions did he take? Called his RTP buddies and so the notorious investigation commenced

• Like 1

I read somewhere but cant find the link now that the cleaners contacted Mon first, woke him up and he ran to the scene. What actions did he take? Called his RTP buddies and so the notorious investigation commenced

Am again reminded how 'key' Mon is in this investigation. Similar to Sean. Both of whom, no surprise to keen observers, are divorced from the investigation, thanks to our brown-shirt buddies.

There's an angle on that now-famous photo of the two Burmese, on their knees waiing, with all the stern faced cops standing around, fists clenched. In the 2nd row behind, is none other than Mon, with the obligatory accusatory scowl on his face. I'll try to find the pic to post it. It won't prove anything legally, but it does add to Mon's infamous reputation.

• Like 1

Am again reminded how 'key' Mon is in this investigation. Similar to Sean. Both of whom, no surprise to keen observers, are divorced from the investigation, thanks to our brown-shirt buddies.

There's an angle on that now-famous photo of the two Burmese, on their knees waiing, with all the stern faced cops standing around, fists clenched. In the 2nd row behind, is none other than Mon, with the obligatory accusatory scowl on his face. I'll try to find the pic to post it. It won't prove anything legally, but it does add to Mon's infamous reputation.

Hope you can find that pic and the story. I did try to find the story but was taking me hours.

Please do not quote me but I think I remember something along these lines. Mon said he was the running man in white shorts. He said he was woken by the maid/friend, jumped out of bed ran to the beach in his shorts. Then ran back to his room and changed then went back to the beach. Since he was one of the leaders on the island it was his duty to make sure everything was okay.

I remember making a comment.

I said, that strange. Someone wakes him up, he leaps out of bed, forgets to put on his clothes and runs to the beach in his underwear. I remember thinking, even in a crisis it is not something a Thai would do.

Then the police changed. Everybody was focused on nomsod and the story of the boy in white shorts being mon got forgotten. In that earlier report I think it was the police explaining why mon was in the video in his shorts

• Like 1

Now irrespective of the assorted theories conceding drugs drink etc,I am of the opinion there is a serial killer or killers loose on Koh Tao.

Strange how one particular location crops up again, strange how the same names start to appear yet again.

There has got to be a full investigation into all of these deaths over the time span they occurred in .

I am of the opinion and I know I am not alone in that fact that there is and it will proven that there is a common denominator concerning both the locations and activities before the crime and after the crime and also the people who came into contact with the murder victims.

Far too many strange coincidences for it to be yet another drug induced death or suicide.

Also it is notable that as per usual the same crowd come out defending and claiming that there is little or no risk on Koh Tao.

Now why would they be doing that again and for who, business interests, exotic substance supply or usage or perhaps blackmail concerning their own darker secret activities?

• Like 1

What are the similarities ????

Hannah/Christine. 1 half clothed,1 not clothed.

Both Known to have rejected male attention. In both cases a fight of some type.

Said fight in ac bar.

though there is sometimes confusion with choppers bar and ac bar.

Assuming it's mon hotel so he would have been supervising the situation at the beginning.

Both crime scene overseen and directed possibly by mon.

No signs of a struggle on Hannah.

No signs of a struggle of Christine.

No robbery of Hannah.

No robbery of christine

• Like 1

In the spirit of past posts on motivation factor, I posted this 28 OCT 2014 and I would emphasize that it was strictly as a response to someone asking what could a potential prosecutor possibly say as regards motivation to those who are now accused of these crimes:

So if I were a prosecuting attorney, here is (hypothetically) what I might say:
People have commented that a crime of this brutality could only have been perpetrated in extreme passion such as one who has suffered rejection, humiliation, and losing face by having his advances denied by the deceased UK female.
But here may be another source of extreme passion: 2 young men from another country have been working low-paying menial jobs on the island for 2 years. Every day they see scantily clad Western females and know that Western males are -- for the proper consideration which they certainly lack -- able to have sex with Thai females and maybe even the females from their own country whom they covet. One day they are out on the beach at 4AM and the hear the sounds of love making close by and figure this may be the chance that has been gnawing away at them for years. And the rest happened when things just got out of control.

Give it a rest, Crab. You don't turn lust into extreme murder. Or are you just stirring again?

Thank You. As of now there is trial scheduled for this summer. The prosecutor may at some point feel the need to explain the motive as to why the 2 accused committed these horrendous crimes. Now what explanation do you think the prosecutor might offer as to the motive behind these crimes as they have now charged the 2 Burmese?

Edited by JLCrab

Thank You. As of now there is trial scheduled for this summer. The prosecutor may at some point feel the need to explain the motive as to why the 2 accused committed these horrendous crimes. Now what explanation do you think the prosecutor might offer as to the motive behind these crimes as they have now charged the 2 Burmese?

We, the general public, have already had a preview of the scenario the prosecution will paint. They'll make it simpler than the Little Red Riding Hood nursery story. The prosecutor wants to convince the judge #1, and the Thai public #2. It doesn't need to try and convince Thai officialdom or its footsoldiers of anything, because they probably already know it's all concocted bullroar. Plus Officialdom, from the top to the bottom knows they have to all agree. Zero wiggle room. Zero space for doubters, alternative thinkers, looking at clues in any perspective other than what they're told.

This is the story they'll lay forth to the world, in a nutshell: Two young migrant workers playing guitar, getting drunk on beach, late at night. They see farang couple stroll by. Burmese follow. They see farang couple strip and have sex. Burmese get aroused beyond control, kill the man and gang rape the farang woman, and bludgeon her - all done with the hoe. They then grab some low-value items and run away.

It's key to know that Thais have a stinky attitude about lowest-social-class people, and about Burmese in general. No person-to-person activity happens in Thailand, without each party knowing who/what the other person represents. Ethnic and social strata considerations affect every person-to-person interaction. No exceptions.

In all likelihood there will be a trial this summer. The prosecution will present a case most likely including an explanation of motive. The defense at a minimum will try to show that there is reasonable doubt.Not what mighta or coulda happened or who else mighta dunnit.

Edited by JLCrab

Hope you can find that pic and the story. I did try to find the story but was taking me hours.

Please do not quote me but I think I remember something along these lines. Mon said he was the running man in white shorts. He said he was woken by the maid/friend, jumped out of bed ran to the beach in his shorts. Then ran back to his room and changed then went back to the beach. Since he was one of the leaders on the island it was his duty to make sure everything was okay.

I said, that strange. Someone wakes him up, he leaps out of bed, forgets to put on his clothes and runs to the beach in his underwear. I remember thinking, even in a crisis it is not something a Thai would do.

Then the police changed. Everybody was focused on nomsod and the story of the boy in white shorts being mon got forgotten. In that earlier report I think it was the police explaining why mon was in the video in his shorts

I am wondering if we can dig through and find this piece. It was put out just near the time of the change of guard.

Wouldn't it be a treat to see each prosecution point deleted piece by piece. Like the passport. That was a good score.

I am wondering if we can dig through and find this piece. It was put out just near the time of the change of guard.

Wouldn't it be a treat to see each prosecution point deleted piece by piece. Like the passport. That was a good score.

I've looked everywhere, just about every search term I can think of and can find no reference to Mon being the first on the scene, its strange as I remember reading it also. Perhaps it came from a Thai language site and somebody translated it or perhaps from the Thai tv interview Mon had after he was arrested/questioned?

Edited by thailandchilli

I've looked everywhere, just about every search term I can think of and can find no reference to Mon being the first on the scene, its strange as I remember reading it also. Perhaps it came from a Thai language site and somebody translated it or perhaps from the Thai tv interview Mon had when after he was arrested/questioned?

No its in one of these threads on thai visa. I remember I commented on it at the time. I went through the threads from months back but I missed it. Some of the threads have thousands of posts. But hey I just remembered. Can't we look at all our old posts or something. Can you get into my posts. There is a post about this from me. I think it will have the date. ???

Have located an article about a man caught on cctv camera near crime scene was an entertainment worker and his supervisor the man was barefoot and wore pants he had been woken up to look at the crime scene

BP 21st september I think

Oh bless. That's what we are looking for. Could you pm to me. I think you cannot post it. But there is one more. It was the copper explaining why he was in the video only wearing pants.

That is mon. He said it himself.

Have located an article about a man caught on cctv camera near crime scene was an entertainment worker and his supervisor the man was barefoot and wore pants he had been woken up to look at the crime scene

BP 21st september I think

I would really like to read this article. ?

I see in the first photo the shirt is crumpled and dirty.

But in the second photo, the tshirt is very clean and even looks washed and ironed.

I had thought how could they do that.

But then I found out that mon was there in the morning and the police did not arrive until midday.

On the inset the police are there and you can see the blue bag. But in the main picture, you can just see Hannah's leg. So they have not been covered.

Could it be that the shirt was picked up and washed. Then placed on the rock to dry. Meaning the 1st pic was in the morning and 2nd pic was taken at noon giving plenty of time for the shirt to try.

Mon looks like he is going straight for the shirt. post-213129-0-97401300-1422092124_thumb.post-213129-0-97401300-1422092124_thumb.

post-213129-0-43835200-1422092165_thumb.

post-213129-0-40328200-1422092053.jpg

post-213129-0-91091000-1422092325_thumb.

• Like 1

There are days when I really like your posts. ☺

Then there are those other days?

Today is a ☺ day.

Just a wee note to say.

We are all trying to find as much information as we can that might be helpful to the trial.

"We are all trying to find as much information as we can that might be helpful to the trial"

As if anyone involved with the trial is going to take anything you say seriously given your track record on here. Talk about delusions of grandeur! Hysterical!